What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney is not the problem

jono

Juniors
There's a distinct similarity to 2006 . As soon as JT took charge the shackles came off.
And last night the 15 minute pre-halftime blitz seemed to announce that.
I especially loved the quick shift to the right to release Cheyse for Kenny Sio's try.
More please!

oldmancraigy

Coach
There's a distinct similarity to 2006 . As soon as JT took charge the shackles came off.
And last night the 15 minute pre-halftime blitz seemed to announce that.
I especially loved the quick shift to the right to release Cheyse for Kenny Sio's try.
More please!

Pretty well the same with any team whose coach gets sacked.

They play well the following week. "Dead coach bounce". I'd love to see the actual percentage of teams that win following the sacking of their coach - it'd be high!

So I'm not saying BA is the messiah - it's just a strange phenomenon. But I do get angry at all the defensive rhetoric coming from high profile blokes like Sterlo along the lines of "I wonder how Kearney is feeling watching them play like that?"
This is something that you can criticise players for over a short period of time. But over 40+ games the coach needs to have the finger pointed right at him. And to answer Sterlo's question, the point ought to be made that SK should be feeling pretty crap watching them play like that.
Clearly they CAN be coached to play well, he just couldn't do it.

oldmancraigy

Coach
So you think he didn't?
Linky?

Suity

Reni Maitua in his post game interview. Talked about Arthur's coaching the last couple of weeks.

I'd appreciate evidence to the contrary?

That's not SK's fault mind you. He was busy getting sacked/ resigning/ allegedly not turning up to junior presentations. He definitely "coached" on game day.

Suitman

Post Whore
So you think SK prepared the team for the Melbourne game :crazy:

Reni Maitua in his post game interview. Talked about Arthur's coaching the last couple of weeks.

That's not SK's fault mind you. He was busy getting sacked/ resigning/ allegedly not turning up to junior presentations. He definitely "coached" on game day.

One man's comments, which could be taken in a number of ways.
Hardly proof.
Anyway, keep sticking the boot in. Sleep well tonight.

Suity

Commodore

Juniors
FFS can we call a spade a spade!! PLEASE! Kearney was not / is not a coach!! 2 wins in a row and I predict 3 in a row after next Monday, Kearney never even got close FFS. Lets move on .Structured Bellamy style doesnt work in modern day nrl, you have to play attacking football as bulldogs and rabbitohs do.

Suitman

Post Whore
FFS can we call a spade a spade!! PLEASE! Kearney was not / is not a coach!! 2 wins in a row and I predict 3 in a row after next Monday, Kearney never even got close FFS. Lets move on .Structured Bellamy style doesnt work in modern day nrl, you have to play attacking football as bulldogs and rabbitohs do.

I agree.

Suity

So you think SK prepared the team for the Melbourne game :crazy:

Well it obviously wasn't a plain vanilla coaching routine that week, but given the timing of his resignation he must have had some hand in the training / planning for that game.

What makes me laugh is all the people on the site (not you) who know so much that they can be certain about identifying a simple causal relationship in a complex and chaotic system (not to mention the fact that none of us get to observe what actually happens at training). What I'd say is that the Melbourne and Brisbane games are not hard evidence of anything (though I enjoyed them greatly). Our performances over the previous couple of seasons make SK's removal perfectly reasonable...I just shake my head at all the know it alls who believe it's all or largely down to one guy.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well it obviously wasn't a plain vanilla coaching routine that week, but given the timing of his resignation he must have had some hand in the training / planning for that game.

What makes me laugh is all the people on the site (not you) who know so much that they can be certain about identifying a simple causal relationship in a complex and chaotic system (not to mention the fact that none of us get to observe what actually happens at training). What I'd say is that the Melbourne and Brisbane games are not hard evidence of anything (though I enjoyed them greatly). Our performances over the previous couple of seasons make SK's removal perfectly reasonable...I just shake my head at all the know it alls who believe it's all or largely down to one guy.

Brilliant.

Suity

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Well apparently Suity knows more about our footy side then Reni?

Arthurs is 2 from 2, Kearney 7 from 40, and got shown the arse due to his lack of coaching talents :lol:

Latest posts