What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney to leave Parramatta

whall15

Coach
A few things:

1) A sincere thankyou to Mr. Kearney for his efforts. It was his first gig and he would have been so proud and so pumped to have come here. He would have had dreams of making this his club and having an illustrious career here.

I don't for a second doubt that he gave it everything he had, and for that I truly respect him and wish him well.

2) It's about damned time! Maybe he's a crap coach, maybe he just didn't fit us...I don't know. What I do know is that this year has been a write-off from the start and this is long overdue. We've gone backwards this year and we're a laughing stock, and this was with an improved roster. We've lost the chance to appoint a profile coach before the silly season started and we've paid for it.

This is long, long overdue and we'll feel the reprecussions of this delay into next year, as well.

But that's it folks, it's done. The likes of emjaycee and Suity will tell you that I have been a strong proponent of sacking Kearney all year. But that's it - it's over.

Let's stop bitching at each other and acting like children. Whoever the Hell gets the gig needs our full support and we need to support each other.

Onwards and upwards, fellow Eels!

Agreed 100%

Parra Pride

Referee
I've sent a couple of questions suggesting Poupou is a better judge of a coach than the board.

#ButTheMerkinWon'tAnswerThem

Ron Jeremy

Coach
LOL at people feeling sorry for him hahaha, he 's getting paid half a million a season to produce rubbish, and you feel sorry for him???? hahaha sucked in.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I reckon tomorrow they will announce a 2 years extension for SK and Hindy will announce he will back up next year

Commodore

Juniors
Word is Ricky Stuart but I do feel sorry for Kearney but he made some shocking choices and his refusal to accept help unti the end was his downfall. But I agree with Suity, is this more about politics than the EELS?

eel01s

Bench
I agree with Jarryd- 'Wow'

Got a shock when I watched the news tonight, but I knew this had to happen.

I agreed with SKs "plan" to make us more consistent, target the right youngsters, and have them playing the first grade style of play so they know their role when they hit the big time.

However, you just can't argue with the results over the last year and a half. Even worse, the way we are so disjointed in attack and defence.

I just hope that the next coach is the right coach for Parramatta.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Interesting to know how much parra have spent on sacking coaches over the past 5-6 years. Has to be somewhere between 3-4 million. Unbelievable. Rotten luck and bad management. Ok 1 down 2 to go.
If w can rid the board and find a new sponsor I will be stoked.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Interesting to know how much parra have spent on sacking coaches over the past 5-6 years. Has to be somewhere between 3-4 million. Unbelievable. Rotten luck and bad management. Ok 1 down 2 to go.
If w can rid the board and find a new sponsor I will be stoked.

3-4 million?

i seriously hope the team was informed about this before they heard about it on twitter if not it is a fkn disgrace and our club is a joke telling them is the LEAST they could do

LOL at people feeling sorry for him hahaha, he 's getting paid half a million a season to produce rubbish, and you feel sorry for him???? hahaha sucked in.

Well I do. Forgetting whatever anyone thinks of his coaching skills, he has behaved with a lot more integrity than many people in the history of this club, and to me that matters.

i seriously hope the team was informed about this before they heard about it on twitter if not it is a fkn disgrace and our club is a joke telling them is the LEAST they could do

Agree. It will be another disgrace that the board and management have presided over...........the coach is just one part of why we are in freefall

Latest posts