What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kemp should start

Bring back choc

Juniors
Kemp would give me less worry on the wing than vidot. I don't think Vidot is in our top 17 in all honesty. Goodwin has played plenty of wing as well.
Vidot just has too many massive errors in him. For a team struggling to score, could do with someone more reliable.

Kemp and Goodwin are too small for the way we play. Need the back 3 to make plenty of metres from sunny half to help out the forwards.

Won't happen because they are twigs. Small wingers are a thing of the past.
But gypsy your head is on another planet so not surprised to see you agree to this.

st.phil

Bench
Goodwin and even Chase Stanley would be ahead of Kemp for a wing position. I was hoping Vidots hands could be just early nerves but he seems to be a genuine butter fingers - liability defending kicks...our back three used to be almost flawless....we know have plentyOflaws. Something in me wants to give Vidot the benefit of the doubt as his charges can be inspirational and I think it's only a matter of time before he charges away for a long range try...but we'll most l;likely see a dozen more errors before that.

Last chance against souths I'd say.

64 Dragon

Coach
Kemp and Goodwin are too small for the way we play. Need the back 3 to make plenty of metres from sunny half to help out the forwards.

Won't happen because they are twigs. Small wingers are a thing of the past.
But gypsy your head is on another planet so not surprised to see you agree to this.

What's "sunny half"?

Mr Red

First Grade
kemp is a good winger but seriously he'll get frostbite playing on the wing given our current attacking structure..
no matter who is on the wing they wont see any quality ball, they will be bored like vidot and just be used to hit it up when coming out of our danger zone... no wonder vidot drops the odd ball, probably half dead of boredom playing outside our shit halves..

Stdavid

Juniors
That's a bit tough on the halves. The forwards need to do their job first, without dropping the ball. Kemp's defence is dodgy, but others are right - it doesn't matter who we have there at the mo. Personally, I would rather see Goodwin get another go at fullback and put Bmoz back with Cooper. At least we know that combo works, if we can manage to get the ball to them.

Minh

First Grade
Vidot definately needs to improve his ball handling if he wants to take his game to another level. At the moment he is just a powerful runner of the ball and isn't playing badly but he can be heaps better. Personally I would not mind Kemp on the wing just to see how he goes, he is a pretty smart player believe me, but whether he is past his best we will never know unless we give him another crack at the big time. This kid can certainly play make no mistake about that.

giboz71

First Grade
That's a bit tough on the halves. The forwards need to do their job first, without dropping the ball. Kemp's defence is dodgy, but others are right - it doesn't matter who we have there at the mo. Personally, I would rather see Goodwin get another go at fullback and put Bmoz back with Cooper. At least we know that combo works, if we can manage to get the ball to them.

That's the thing though....I think our go forward has been great all year. Even against the panthers, we were making easy metres. Weyman was having a career year and Merrin was good enough to make Origin. Our props have done the job.

It's when we go wide that we really struggle, easy pickings for the defence on most occasions. Can't put my finger on why....because we have the talent there.

Maybe Goodwin to fullback, Morris back to wing and C. Stanley/Vidot in the centres is the answer. Having Morris, Vidot and Style play out if position hasn't helped things.

Mr Red

First Grade
when you have repeat sets of 6 tackles in the opposition 30m area the halves need to take control and demand the ball. i have seen attacking sets of six where either hornby or soward will only touch the ball 2 times.. not good enough. thus the team looks lost and proceeds with too many settling plays or one out plays..

compare that to thurston or cronk where they will touch the ball 5 or 6 times in these situations...

TheRev

First Grade
Nobody is going as bad as Vidot on the left wing (he does not belong in that position), dont know if Kemps the answer, but someone else has to move there.

64 Dragon

Coach
Nobody is going as bad as Vidot on the left wing (he does not belong in that position), dont know if Kemps the answer, but someone else has to move there.

I agree with you about Vidot. But the thing is he hardly gets the ball on the wing. It never seems to get out there, and when it does he is not ready. But on the other hand our centres haven't been settled (Green, Prior, Cooper) so Vidot has had to work with 3 or 4 centres this year. I am not making excuses for him. His positional play and his handling is deplorable.

I have always thought that any 1st grader would be ready to catch the ball anywhere, anytime with a decent pass. He could be a match winner if he gets it all together. Our wingers don't seem to get the ball with any room to move. And also Vidot takes a lot of pressure off the forwards with his midfield hit-ups. I don't think a lightweight like Kemp would have the same impact.

"""Brett Morris can fly but nobody else can"""

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Vidot has some pretty big flaws dont know if it's just a left side thing. He also has his positives, if he can get his ball handling in order, positional play as in being ready and in position to finish he could be a superstar but at the moment he is not.

TheRev

First Grade
Vidot has some pretty big flaws dont know if it's just a left side thing. He also has his positives, if he can get his ball handling in order, positional play as in being ready and in position to finish he could be a superstar but at the moment he is not.

Yah thats my thoughts too, id like to see him tried at Right Centre or 2nd Row, I dont think he has the finesse for wing.

having said that, whatever position he plays, the biggest focus for him will be ball-carrying technique.

possm

Coach
Kemp would give me less worry on the wing than vidot. I don't think Vidot is in our top 17 in all honesty. Goodwin has played plenty of wing as well.
Vidot just has too many massive errors in him. For a team struggling to score, could do with someone more reliable.

I agree but would like to see:

1. Goodwin
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Kemp
5. Nightingale
6. King
7. Soward

Given a go. Really could not possibly do worse that what is being dished up at the moment. May shake things up a little.

Father Ted

First Grade

My gut tells me we will be writing about Vidot for a couple of years. I think he's a guy who is almost but never will quite make it.

Guvner

First Grade

1. Goodwin
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Kemp
5. Nightingale
6. King
7. Soward

Given a go. Really could not possibly do worse that what is being dished up at the moment. May shake things up a little.

Oh dear..

Elias1983

Coach
My gut tells me we will be writing about Vidot for a couple of years. I think he's a guy who is almost but never will quite make it.

Give him time Father Ted, remember how the morris twins had the fumblies when they first started out?

He was a member of the queensland squad a couple of years back.

big pat

Coach

1. Goodwin
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Kemp
5. Nightingale
6. King
7. Soward

whoa, you been on that funny tobacco.

Father Ted

First Grade
Give him time Father Ted, remember how the morris twins had the fumblies when they first started out?

He was a member of the queensland squad a couple of years back.

I know but he reminds me (for reasons I can't quite figure out) of Shane Mackellor to name one of hundreds . The sort of guy who has all the gifts but never manage's to put it all together. Dammed if I know why but there it is. Btw with Vidot I think it's more than his hands I suspect it's a lot to do with his headspace.

TheRev

First Grade
Yeah its not just his fumbles though, for a player with as much experience as he has, his error rate, awareness (particularly in goals), ball carrying technique, aerial skills, are all severely sub-par.

Thats why i think he would be better in a role where he can just run hard and use his size and footwork, but where he wont be such a liability in defense/clean-up.