What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kemp should start

Slippery Morris

First Grade
With so many great wingers in the books I am not sure why Pricey does not give the others a go for Vidot. He looks to have lost confidence and may need a run at the Cutters. Bring on Kemp.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Morris is playing well at fullback but is being used like Boyd which is not his go at all...

I just wish Morris would back up in the middle more and take some advantage of offloads - like Slater and Stewart do all the time and like he himself did in his first couple of games there this year. This might help our forwards be more effective than simply bashing it up and going to ground. Otherwise I would prefer he was back on the wing where he is a definate weapon and we put either Goodwin or Kemp to fullback....or perhaps Soward or Hornby to FB and Stanley into the halves where we're kept being told his future lies. Sowards not adding a lot as a 5/8 but does have a great kicking game.

Minh

First Grade
With so many great wingers in the books I am not sure why Pricey does not give the others a go for Vidot. He looks to have lost confidence and may need a run at the Cutters. Bring on Kemp.

Kemp wont give us the punch out of dummy half but he is a genuine finisher and has very safe hands, I agree Price should give some of these recruits a go for sure to see what they've got. Sometimes a shot at First Grade will bring out their best.

Dragonsforever

Juniors
I would just love to see Kemp in action - I would like to think with some confidence he could be a very handy player for the team as he was a few years ago for the Donkeys.

64 Dragon

Coach
I just wish Morris would back up in the middle more and take some advantage of offloads - like Slater and Stewart do all the time and like he himself did in his first couple of games there this year. This might help our forwards be more effective than simply bashing it up and going to ground. Otherwise I would prefer he was back on the wing where he is a definate weapon and we put either Goodwin or Kemp to fullback....or perhaps Soward or Hornby to FB and Stanley into the halves where we're kept being told his future lies. Sowards not adding a lot as a 5/8 but does have a great kicking game.

No offence to Jamie but there is no way he will run the ball back like Morris, Vidot and Nighty. He just does not have it in him.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Jamie would probably run the other way if he sees a forward charging him. Just kidding.

One thing Jamie does well is clean up alot of loose ball on the ground. Always seems to be first to jump on the ball. He seems to find himslef at the right place for a grubber or short kick. A great trait to have as a fullback. But he is needed in teh halves more than at fullback as we all saw on Monday.

Breathingfire

Juniors
I am a little surprised at all the Vidot criticism. I think he has been one of our best contributors so far this season. He grounded that ball in the in goal last week so technically he only made one mistake dropping a bomb that hit the corner post and did not lead to a try anyway so I hardly think you can call him a liability. He makes some incredible charges and puts in 110% which is more than some of our other bigger name players are offering at the moment.

possm

Coach
We need attacking flare, kemp was a try scoring machine....bring him on.

Back on topic, maybe we could do a deal with Penrith swaping Kemp for Jennings for the rest of the season. Penrith aren't going to use him and we need a strike centre. Kemp might get a chance to show his stuff with the Panthers.

Hey Doust how about having a word to Guss?

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I am a little surprised at all the Vidot criticism. I think he has been one of our best contributors so far this season. He grounded that ball in the in goal last week so technically he only made one mistake dropping a bomb that hit the corner post and did not lead to a try anyway so I hardly think you can call him a liability. He makes some incredible charges and puts in 110% which is more than some of our other bigger name players are offering at the moment.
Agreed but Saint should be playing Vidot right side and then see what happens

hugzy

Juniors
I had both players in their breakout years in my fantasy team and I can conclude

Kemp = vidot = shite real life players

Minh

First Grade
I would like to see Kemp or Goodwin in for Vidot, he is a very strong player Vidot there is a lot to like about him, but he can't catch bombs and makes such crucial errors that can lose a team a close game. We lost the game today against the Rabbits through our mistakes.

64 Dragon

Coach
I would like to see Kemp or Goodwin in for Vidot, he is a very strong player Vidot there is a lot to like about him, but he can't catch bombs and makes such crucial errors that can lose a team a close game. We lost the game today against the Rabbits through our mistakes.

Our forwards stood up today, apart from Ah Mau. No offence to the guy, but I think he is too lazy for 1st grade. He hides on the blind side and avoids the heavy work most of the time. Compare Jake Marketo to him. A small forward like Marketo did twice the work Ah Mau did. He should not be in the run on side. Use Vea instead.

Minh

First Grade
Our forwards stood up today, apart from Ah Mau. No offence to the guy, but I think he is too lazy for 1st grade. He hides on the blind side and avoids the heavy work most of the time. Compare Jake Marketo to him. A small forward like Marketo did twice the work Ah Mau did. He should not be in the run on side. Use Vea instead.

Our forwards aimed up today, Marketo had a strong game, he has ticker.

redvwhite

Juniors

Didnt think Ah Mau was too bad today myself but probably won't need to be picked again this year. When's Scott back?

jenninga

First Grade
I cannot defend Vidot anymore ,it is not only his ball handling which is costly ,he has conceded tries with lazy defending.The try v Knights he tried to bump Uarte into touch half hearted and yesterdays Souths try from a grubber was a lazy attempt again .

Godz Illa

Coach
This is simply wrong, and it's not even a matter of opinion. Ah Mau did well.