What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Sutcliffe said Berrigan is not the answer

bartman

Immortal
Dominated and outshone in both attack and defence?

Imo he Berrigan is not in their class as an international centre, from what I've seen of him and them. Don't know that Cooper will be either and I'd have more confidence in Tate, but hey you've got to play with who's available and chosen.

ledzep

Bench
bartman said:
Dominated and outshone in both attack and defence?

Imo he Berrigan is not in their class as an international centre, from what I've seen of him and them. Don't know that Cooper will be either and I'd have more confidence in Tate, but hey you've got to play with who's available and chosen.
Cooper's probably the best centre in the NRL

Special K

Coach
Tonga better not be marking Senior or he will eat shit :shock:

I still remember Senior running over our backs last year. Put a strong defender on him like Cooper for the games against england

Johns Magic

Referee
Special K said:
Tonga better not be marking Senior or he will eat sh*t :shock:

I still remember Senior running over our backs last year. Put a strong defender on him like Cooper for the games against england

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Bowman there

bartman

Immortal
DIEHARD said:
What about Matty Johns calling HUDDERSfield, HOODERSfield.

Jesus he did play in the English Super League competition, did he even pay attention to the draw? :lol:

You'd be surprised with the Northern English accents - that's actually how it sounds when people are saying Huddersfield. :)

Munky

Coach
Northern English accents are tops.

I've grown up around scousers all my life.

Cooper was shown to be a little out of his depth in SOO and again in the finals. He hogs the ball too much.

RenoufPhan

Juniors
Sutcliffe's a moron, like many people on this forum. Since Berro didn't get a try he's obviously had a bad game. :roll:

Berrigan was great in defense. Notice how the Kiwi's didn't make a single break down his side? In fact, both Vinny Anderson's try and Francis Meli's try came on the Tonga/Rooney side of the field.

Berro had very little ball in attack because Lockyer kept sending the ball the other way to exploit the Kiwi's left side where they have an obvious deficiency.

Typical losers looking for someone to blame so they point the finger at Berrigan and Carroll. Both had solid games.

Nugby

Juniors
I'd be throwing Bowman in against Senior, but who thinks they'll name Chev Walker in the side?

bartman

Immortal
I'd just like Tate in that centre spot more than Berrigan for the English games, nothing against Broncos at all, RenoufPhan.

Nugby, it'll be between Gleeson and Walker for the other UK centre spot. Gleeson hasn't played for ages due to his suspension, so Walker might have the upper hand there? (And Gleeson is "between clubs" so he's kind of out of that political-selections-to-please-all-major-clubs thing.)

borat

Bench
bartman said:
I'd just like Tate in that centre spot more than Berrigan for the English games, nothing against Broncos at all, RenoufPhan.

Nugby, it'll be between Gleeson and Walker for the other UK centre spot. Gleeson hasn't played for ages due to his suspension, so Walker might have the upper hand there? (And Gleeson is "between clubs" so he's kind of out of that political-selections-to-please-all-major-clubs thing.)

I think that Cooper would be a better option than Berrigan but in saying that i don't think berrigan deserves all the flak he has been getting particularly from Sutcliffe. Austrlia seemed to taget the left hand side of the field for their attack , all three tries were scored there, so he and Sing really didn't see any ball.

Munky

Coach
Nearly every side attacks down the left, because of right handed players can only really pass properley from right to left.

Preston Campbell is one of the few players who can throw high speed and accurate passes from left to right.

The Dragons don't realise how lucky they are to have Matt Head. He is left sided and thus they should play with two halfs standing either side of the ruck.

Lockyer is left handed isn't he? How come he doesn't go down the right more often?

borat

Bench
Munky said:
Nearly every side attacks down the left, because of right handed players can only really pass properley from right to left.

Preston Campbell is one of the few players who can throw high speed and accurate passes from left to right.

The Dragons don't realise how lucky they are to have Matt Head. He is left sided and thus they should play with two halfs standing either side if the field.

Lockyer is left handed isn't he? How come he doesn't go down the right more often?

True but it looked like that Lockey and Gower were having a field day targeting Anderson and hte was a game plan. Really Berrigan never got the ball in his hands, it wasn't like he bombed any tries.

Latest posts