What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keneally Press Release - $13 million for Jubilee

cleary89

Coach
Great news for the people of Blacktown waiting for our hospital to be fixed.

Keaneally and NSW Labor are poison atm.

A nuclear blast would be more popular....and more productive.

lol suck sh*t you live at blacktown.

KogarahAI.jpg

KogarahAI2.jpg

Ignore the small stand on the southern hill - not part of this funding.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great news for the people of Blacktown waiting for our hospital to be fixed.

Keaneally and NSW Labor are poison atm.

A nuclear blast would be more popular....and more productive.

Dave, the NSW gov't could give every man, woman and child in NSW a million dollars and they'd still be on the nose. Hardly the fault of St George.

Hospitals are essential, but they already get a billion dollars year. $13 mil to Kogarah is drop in the bucket.

But shouldn't we be focussing more on the health of the community BEFORE they get sick? As in prevention is better than the cure? Sports and Recreation makes for a healthy future generation.

Found a figure today that more people aged 15 and over in NSW played rugby league than any other sport.

Attendance at sporting events in NSW

During 2005-06:
  • 2,259,400 people aged 15 and over in NSW attended at least one sporting event or competition (excluding junior and school competitions)
  • this was 42.1% of all people in NSW in this age group.
The main sports attended in NSW were:
  • rugby league - 899,800
  • horse racing - 686,900
  • motor sports - 376,800
  • rugby union - 334,500
  • soccer - 258,800
  • Australian rules - 249,700, and
  • cricket - 213,400.
Source - "Sports Attendance – 2005-06", Australian Bureau of Statistics Catalogue Number 4174.0

http://www.dsr.nsw.gov.au/research/fact_attend.asp

I say we do everything to encouarge it. Greater funding for Sport & Recreation could do no harm to the health of the nation.

Acka

Coach
Dave, the NSW gov't could give every man, woman and child in NSW a million dollars and they'd still be on the nose. Hardly the fault of St George.

Hospitals are essential, but they already get a billion dollars year. $13 mil to Kogarah is drop in the bucket.

But shouldn't we be focussing more on the health of the community BEFORE they get sick? As in prevention is better than the cure? Sports and Recreation makes for a healthy future generation.

Found a figure today that more people aged 15 and over in NSW played rugby league than any other sport.

I say we do everything to encouarge it. Greater funding for Sport & Recreation could do no harm to the health of the nation.

Good point but we do have an ageing population

Rexxy

Coach
The theory goes... if you give a community sporting facilities, you engender an interest in sport and a healthy lifestyle.

By giving kids an interest, you distract them from potential mischief such as vandalism and gang activity, and by ggetting kids a bit fitter, you stop major health problems downstream, in midlife.

theory anyway.

And I dont think KKK thinks she can get re-elected. So it's time to leave some legacy around the joint. Barangaroo, The Motorway they keep talking about and some suburbia stadia.

RedVee

First Grade
Is it an extension of the stand in the same fashion as the southern ext? or a new little stand?
Any idea how far around it goes? I sit in area A of the Northern Terrace, is this area replaced or just the little bit between us and the stand?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good point but we do have an ageing population
The health care available is better than it was in my grandfather's day.

And the young people today will be old in the future.

Getting all philosophical now, but you'll live longer than me Acka. I want better facilities for the young folk now. I want it to be better than what was available for me. It's a good course and a way we can add value to longer healthy lives in future generations.

big_steve

Juniors
i hope the hill stays for life...the best parts of the football is going to kogarah and wollongong to stand on the hill....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Doesn't look very busy. Are the nurses looking out the window?

Which one are you in the picture Dave?

Da Doctor

Juniors
Keep the grants coming. We need Kogarah to have a capacity of 30000.

We may not always fill it, but we can maximise or gate taking at home games when we are up there and playing well.

Sellout crowds are great, but from a business perspective...a loss of potential revenue.

Latest posts