What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kennedy officially at Manly

Sometimes a change brings a change of luck for a player too. I think he will go well at Manly. The only thing with it is. Menzies is getting on as is Kennedy and Walker so hopefully they have the necessary players coming in for when they are ready to retire. Crusher should see to that though.

reladith

Juniors
Earl wrote:
Manly have now signed 4 backrowers in the last month; Kennedy, Menzies, Harris & Watmough.

Who gets the bench spot?

Menzies has played a bit of centre lately, may be a more permanent move in mind?? If they don't buy a top centre soon, I am guessing this may well be what happens

Crap! Watmough, Menzies and Harris all play in the back row. Kennedy will be injured!

Parraren

Bench
All depends on how much they're paying him and how much time he spends on the field really. Past few seasons suggest they'll do very well to get 10-15 games out of him per season.

I've read somewhere its around $250k/season but not confirmed.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Unlucky Manly fans. Thats the biggest waste of money. BK has signed for 2 years, he will probably play about 5 games in that period.
Two words = Injury prone.

Disco

Bench
I reckon this might just spell the end for Williamson at manly, if not he will likely be on a smaller contract and in premier league for depth (next year is G Stewarts year)

my pack

King
Randall
*New Prop*
Kennedy
Harris/Watmough
Menzies

Harris/Watmough
Heckenberg
Haumono
Dunley/Donnelly/Hoppa/G Stewart/Williamson/Cleal

CC_Eagle

First Grade
t-ba the hutt said:
Earl said:
Manly have now signed 4 backrowers in the last month; Kennedy, Menzies, Harris & Watmough.

Who gets the bench spot?

We have recently signed Brett Stewarts brother Glenn who is being Groomed as Beavers Replacement as well. We are also in Negotiations with Phil Morwood (Premeir league player. Voted the best Overall Premier League player of 2002 or some such...) and Luke Williamson. There's Nathan Tutt too :lol: .

I imagine it will be a starting three of

11-Watmough (Better than Harris and an 80 minute player)
12-Kennedy
13-Beaver

With a Bench of

16-Harris
17-Luke Williamson (can play everywhere but the back three and prop)

With a PL combo of

11-Moorwood
12-Tutt
13-Stewart
What about Donelly,Solo,Hecks,Lu Lu, King? Who would you have as the props? I'd like to see it like this -

8. King
10 Heckenberg
11 Watmough
12 Kennedy
13 Menzies

14 Harris
15 Williamson
16 Dunley/Donelly - both are great off the bench, but it all depends if Dessie wants to keep the 2 hooker's angle. Once Chads fully fit and has a solid pack to accompany we may see the end of Dunley in 1st grade)
17 G Stewart/Leuluai - Depends on who we are playing. Both are hard runners of the ball but Leuluai has the size advantage. So playing sides with quite large packs like the Warriors, Panthers, Broncos and Roosters Leuluai would get the spot. G Stewart is turning out to be a great player and will no doubt take the no.13 jumper once the great man retires, which won't be for another two years)

super_coach

First Grade
I think if he is well managed by hassler he will be a top buy-Rotate menzie and bk off the bench and use them for impact.Half the problem with bk and his injuries,are he gives 110 percent-dosnt know when to back off--would have loved him at the tigers--a class act-manly should get a couple of good years out him--and like with sattler at our mob--he will be great for the young guys-teach them how to win

t-ba

Post Whore
CC_Eagle said:
t-ba the hutt said:
Earl said:

Who gets the bench spot?

We have recently signed Brett Stewarts brother Glenn who is being Groomed as Beavers Replacement as well. We are also in Negotiations with Phil Morwood (Premeir league player. Voted the best Overall Premier League player of 2002 or some such...) and Luke Williamson. There's Nathan Tutt too :lol: .

I imagine it will be a starting three of

11-Watmough (Better than Harris and an 80 minute player)
12-Kennedy
13-Beaver

With a Bench of

16-Harris
17-Luke Williamson (can play everywhere but the back three and prop)

With a PL combo of

11-Moorwood
12-Tutt
13-Stewart
What about Donelly,Solo,Hecks,Lu Lu, King? Who would you have as the props? I'd like to see it like this -

8. King
10 Heckenberg
11 Watmough
12 Kennedy
13 Menzies

14 Harris
15 Williamson
16 Dunley/Donelly - both are great off the bench, but it all depends if Dessie wants to keep the 2 hooker's angle. Once Chads fully fit and has a solid pack to accompany we may see the end of Dunley in 1st grade)
17 G Stewart/Leuluai - Depends on who we are playing. Both are hard runners of the ball but Leuluai has the size advantage. So playing sides with quite large packs like the Warriors, Panthers, Broncos and Roosters Leuluai would get the spot. G Stewart is turning out to be a great player and will no doubt take the no.13 jumper once the great man retires, which won't be for another two years)

Read my post, you've missed my point. This isn't a dialogue on the forward pack, it is my opinion of how the back row and it's bench options will form.

I don't see any more backrowers coming to Manly next year, so I think it's safe to start trying to figure out what nexts year's backrow looks like. The Props are an entirely different matter. It's quite clear that we are gunning for a prop, and until it's revealed who is coming, I don't see any reason for figuring out who will be in those spots.

But I do a See Prop/Prop/2nd Row/Utility styled bench for next year.

Anonymous

Juniors
All well for him, but will he pay back all the money the Knights have paid him to sit on the bench. My prediction: he'll be out for the rest of the season, he's got his money now, doesn't have to prove himself like McDougall did last year. And imagine the reception he will get at EA stadium, especially now hes going to Manly! He'll be sh*tting himself. Ungrateful prick. And they complain that clubs have no loyalty! How about giving something back to the team who's supported you for the last 5 years with scant return on their investment. Contracts should be for games actually played not for the entire year! Then we would see players fulfilling their obligations.

genekrupa said:
All well for him, but will he pay back all the money the Knights have paid him to sit on the bench. My prediction: he'll be out for the rest of the season, he's got his money now, doesn't have to prove himself like McDougall did last year. And imagine the reception he will get at EA stadium, especially now hes going to Manly! He'll be sh*tting himself. Ungrateful prick. And they complain that clubs have no loyalty! How about giving something back to the team who's supported you for the last 5 years with scant return on their investment. Contracts should be for games actually played not for the entire year! Then we would see players fulfilling their obligations.

Yeah you might I agree there, but you might also see players playing injured more and not being physically able to give 100%.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Disco said:
pepstar87 said:
BK has signed for 2 years, he will probably play about 5 games in that period.
Welkl he has already played 8 games this year idiot

Yeah well you know he is injury prone. Manly wont get value out of his contract. He will definately be out for lengthy periods. He is just one of those unlucky players who take so long to get over injuries.

Anonymous

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
genekrupa said:

Yeah you might I agree there, but you might also see players playing injured more and not being physically able to give 100%.

Good point. Maybe have a smaller retainer say about the average wage, so they don't suffer if injured. Then pay them the rest on a game played, bonus paid, type of scheme. Their notional value is taken into account for salary cap and anything not paid to them is then subtracted from next years cap.

That way clubs and players don't suffer and if an injury puts a player out for a year, the club recoups some of its precious budget to sign a replacemant.

A retainer would also help the public perception that players are overpaid and out of touch with the "common" (don't like that word) man.

Just a thought.

genekrupa said:
Southern Rooster said:
genekrupa said:

Good point. Maybe have a smaller retainer say about the average wage, so they don't suffer if injured. Then pay them the rest on a game played, bonus paid, type of scheme. Their notional value is taken into account for salary cap and anything not paid to them is then subtracted from next years cap.

That way clubs and players don't suffer and if an injury puts a player out for a year, the club recoups some of its precious budget to sign a replacemant.

A retainer would also help the public perception that players are overpaid and out of touch with the "common" (don't like that word) man.

Just a thought.

That's not a bad idea. At the moment Newcastle and St George Illawarra would have a higher percentage of there salary cap sitting on the sidelines than most of the other clubs.