What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kennedy or Mason?

CharlieF

Juniors
The Colonel said:
I'm aware of that. The groin is really starting to trouble him and the Manly side suffer when he is off. At some point his body will say enough - it might be after 9 games but it could be after 1.

His frustrations with the referees are going to cost Manly as well somewhere down the track.

I wasn't aware that his groin was hampering him at all. I know that he has 2 corked knees however. If he goes out it will be due to an injury just like any other player. His current niggling injuries won't keep him from playing.

I don't believe there are any problems with referees either. He has never been sin binned.

The Colonel

Immortal
You don't read the papers then nor listen to the commentators who have been saying for the last few weeks that he hasn't been able to train fully dur to a persistent groin injury. The corks on his thighs may be a problem but you'll find the groin is moreso.

I don't believe there are any problems with referees either. He has never been sin binned.

Yet.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
People who are saying "easily" to either are pretty silly TBH - or pretty obviously biased one way or another.

Both have exceptional leadership qualities. Admittedly I'd take Mason but then I'm a Dogs fan... And note I don't think it would be "obvious"!!

Nathan B

Juniors
bigdogsgottaeat said:
People who are saying "easily" to either are pretty silly TBH - or pretty obviously biased one way or another.

Both have exceptional leadership qualities. Admittedly I'd take Mason but then I'm a Dogs fan... And note I don't think it would be "obvious"!!

Just because the two options are close, doesn't necessarily make it a tough question to answer. Consider...would you like a million dollars or a million and one dollars? Both options are very similar, but it's a very easy question to answer.

Re Mason and Kennedy. They are both great players, but I feel Mason is better. Only just, but there's a distinct difference IMO. So it's an easy question for me to answer.

...Mason!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mason - BK is in his twilight and could break down at any time, Mason is about to hit his prime, is still young, and the most damaging forward in the world bar none

The Colonel

Immortal
bigdogsgottaeat said:

While Hindmarsh and Kennedy aren't exactly similar style of players they do play very similar roles for their club. Mason on the other hand is more dominant than many of our forwards currently and works well with Hindy in Origin. For me the obvious choice is Mason.

mulvihill

Juniors
Mason by a mile.

`Come with me and i'll run at anyone with no fear' (mason)

`Watch me run at a half or winger' (kennedy)

CharlieF

Juniors
mulvihill said:
Mason by a mile.

`Come with me and i'll run at anyone with no fear' (mason)

`Watch me run at a half or winger' (kennedy)

FFS get over it. All forwards run at a spot player, Mason is no exception. If a team has a weakness, you expose it not feel sorry for them. And Kennedy runs at all and sundry, not just a half or Winger.

CharlieF

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
In their prime - Kennedy. Relentlessness & Determination over Size & Aggression.

Now I'd take Mason though, got more miles to go in him.

No doubt I would too, but I'm only talking about the rest of this season (at most 9 games). I think BK will last that long and then he retires.

CharlieF said:
I'm only talking about the rest of this season (at most 9 games). I think BK will last that long and then he retires.

Yep, understood. The Dragons need more of what Ben Kennedy can offer now than Willie Mason.

CharlieF

Juniors
Thats a good way of putting it Mr Fifita.

Does you team need any extra:

Relentless determination (BK)

or

Size and Aggression (Willie)

petetheileet

First Grade
Mason has changed this year...i think he is much more focused on his footy and i believe is currently the best foward going around. I used to put him in the same catagory as a Ryles but now Mason has really matured and at the moment is on fire!!!!

Not only his size and agression being a huge advantage but i think he also now offers determination and motivation to the team...when he is is playing well (which has been most of the year) the doggies really seem to lift...

It's any easy decision for me...i would definately say Mason

bluesbreaker

Bench
Mason's still a peanut, just wait, he'll prove it again soon enough. BK in his prime was much, much better than Mason.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Mason on his day is the best forward in the world, but I'd prefer BK.. His ability to lift his team-mates is just second to none and he's very consistent

Latest posts