What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kennedy reverses retirement, 2006 to be his last.

jamesgould

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
That is because he said he was reitring and he stood by his word.
Some people are angry because of all this "Retirement" crap.
People say they retire and then come back.
I am not fussed about it, but some are. Thats life.

Well he keeps coming out of retirement coz he's passionate about the game, in my book that's something to be happy about!

CliffyIsGod said:
He plays for Manly.

:shock: I never knew ...

Bench
Manly will lose more than a forward, his decision is a huge blow to the club,he is the best lock in the game,first picked in any game,club,origin or test.
Hope he wins the Dally M this year.

[furrycat]

Coach
RainMan said:
Good on him for making the decision now, plenty of time before June 30 ;-) .

Now if only Michael Witt would come out and do the same... :lol:

Witt needs to come out of the closet, and either play football properly or go join Ben Czislowski in the sequel to brokeback mountain, "Bareback Mounting"

Palms

Juniors
851 said:
Manly will lose more than a forward, his decision is a huge blow to the club,he is the best lock in the game,first picked in any game,club,origin or test.
Hope he wins the Dally M this year.

Im sure there are a few names picked first before him, but nonetheless a great player over so many years.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
[furrycat] said:
Witt needs to come out of the closet, and either play football properly or go join Ben Czislowski in the sequel to brokeback mountain, "Bareback Mounting"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
It's been a priviledge to have BK wind up his career at Manly. Good luck to him in his future endevours.

Hopefully Beaver now shows some form to justify a new contract. I so desperately want him to reach 350.

bkanim4on.gif

effnic

Bench
Its sad to see him go. But these things need to happen to make room for the young exciting talent to push through and show there worth.

Parra Guru

Coach
Surprising to see him retire, but what a career, hats off to him for not hanging on too long.

I hope Beaver stays, it'd be tops to see him make the 350

wittyfan

Referee
nqboy said:
I just can't cop the bit about him coming out or retirement, "a move that would allow him to exit international football alongside long-time team-mate Andrew Johns and former Canberra team-mate Ricky Stuart, the Test coach."

What a load of sh*te. We're running the Test side so mates can play together for old times sake now?

Players should be allowed to pick and choose the Test matches that they want to play, and reverse any retirement decisions they make.

wittyfan

Referee
RainMan said:
Now if only Michael Witt would come out and do the same... :lol:

Witty has been treated like sh!t by the club so I hope he hops on a lifeboat and goes.

Garts

Bench
wittyfan said:
Witty has been treated like sh!t by the club so I hope he hops on a lifeboat and goes.

treated like sh!t :lol:

he was given 1st shot last year, and it was not like he was not given time to prove himself. He just failed to do so after being given a fair crack.

Anyways damn shame to lose Kennedy, the man carried Manly for most of last season.

I guess this solves the problem of who to keep between Kennedy & Menzies. I was worried both would ask to go around again, that would have been a hard choice of who to keep. My head would have picked Kennedy to stay but the heart would have said Menzies.

wittyfan

Referee
Garts said:
treated like sh!t :lol:

he was given 1st shot last year, and it was not like he was not given time to prove himself. He just failed to do so after being given a fair crack.

Bollocks. A soon as the losses start to pile up last year he was used as a scapegoat. And then he went into 2006 as the incumbent 5/8th and never got a chance to keep his spot.

Garts

Bench
wittyfan said:
Bollocks. A soon as the losses start to pile up last year he was used as a scapegoat. And then he went into 2006 as the incumbent 5/8th and never got a chance to keep his spot.

I suggest u go watch some of manlys 1st 12 games again from 05. he did not show anything or very little in attack and his defence was suspect. u keep a ordinary defender if they can attack but sadly Witt couldnt.

we had been winning early on but our attack always looked ordinary. he was 1 of the reasons.

Garts

Bench
wittyfan said:
I recall that he played a large role in Manly's win against Penrith last year.

yes he did, but that was only 1 game. and he did do some other good things. but he was not consistant week in week out, thats what is needed.

Kiwi

First Grade
anyway back on topic....

Ben "i'm reitred from rep footy, no I'm not, i'm retired from rep footy, no i'm not, wait i'm retired from rep footy, not i'm not" Kennedy

The guy can't make up his mind, isn't this like the secodn time he has come out of retirment?

Latest posts