What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin Kingston - You deserve a wrap!!!

planeteels

Juniors
As the title of the thread says, I really have to give Kevin Kingston a wrap!!

The past 3 games that I've seen him play, I have been really impressed with his speed and foresight from dummy half as well as the quality of ball that he is delivering to the halves. His sharpness has earnt us a few handy penalties for offside defenders / off square markers and have contributed to giving the side valuable possession and territory.

He came to the eels as a Haganite but realistically, if what he is showing at present is any indication, he looks to be a very promising and handy acquisition and I for one am excited about him.

So, Kudos Kevin Kingston..

btw I love your biscuits!! :p

Fee

Juniors
I think Kinga is doing a great job, although not to keen on how long the beard is, he is starting to look like my husband. Oops I am not supposed to say that.:shock::sarcasm:

DanTheEelMan

Juniors
He came to the eels as a Haganite but realistically, if what he is showing at present is any indication, he looks to be a very promising and handy acquisition and I for one am excited about him.

Mate i pissed myself when I read that ..Lift your game you other Haganite's (The Todddddddddddd).

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kinga has been great for us, we look at better side when he is on ahead of Keating. Must be close for a starting spot.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
Kingston was shafted by the Sharks and cut with a year to run on his contract... they released him to sign Corey Hughes who is now playing in the reserves... I know who i'd rather have running around in my team...

yy_cheng

Coach
I mentioned in another thread that MK should be worrying.

I too think that Kingston is providing better service out of dummy half.

So I suggest whether MK can take on the #7. If he could, it either him or Robson for 7

The Colonel

Immortal

So I suggest whether MK can take on the #7. If he could, it either him or Robson for 7

I think having both in the team is working. They both were on at the same time again yesterday as well for certain parts. Both are doing the job that they are being asked to do - defensively and in attack.

lewiscook

Juniors

MK should stay at 9 or 14 (depends on his and kingas form).
Robson will keep the number 7 until KK is back.

stuke

Bench
no no no...you guys are all wrong. Rothfield made him one of his top 10 bad signings for the year before he had played a game. you can't be right and Rothfield wrong, he is after all an executive sports journalist.

I think Kinga is doing a great job, although not to keen on how long the beard is, he is starting to look like my husband. Oops I am not supposed to say that.:shock::sarcasm:

Nothing wrong with a beard...lol

Beards make us guys smart and mature....lol

But yes kinga is doing a great job.

Stagger eel

Staff member
gee a week is a long time in this game isn't it?

both him and Robo are playing to their worth but it appears when ever we lose they join Lowrie in the hate basket.

I think Kinga has stepped up and doing very well as is Robo and the fact that they're in important positions playing important roles but getting paid moderate wages is a credit to both of them.

I've had more than a few beers with Kinga, and he is a great fella.
He wasn't sacked by the sharks, your blokes did come asking.
I tell ya something even better, his missus was stoked, she's a Parra fan.

btw: Aug 8th with you guys at Endeavour is on a sunday again. It was f*&$kin awesome last year, you guys are the best away crowd's in the league.

ParraFan09

Juniors
ive always thought kev was a good player but IMO he should stay on the bench with MK starting, because kev is more of an impact player then MK is he can come on when forwards are tired and kills it around the ruck with penalties for not square and off side, and the metres he makes is outstanding leave him in the #14.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've had more than a few beers with Kinga, and he is a great fella.
He wasn't sacked by the sharks, your blokes did come asking.
I tell ya something even better, his missus was stoked, she's a Parra fan.

btw: Aug 8th with you guys at Endeavour is on a sunday again. It was f*&$kin awesome last year, you guys are the best away crowd's in the league.

hey bubs..love to be there it'll be 4 days before I fly out to Johnny Cash country so I'll be looking for a big one from our boys..;-)

natheel

Coach
i remember reading in one of the 2009 preview mags either BL or RLW Kingston only signed for a year i really hope he resigns with us though. anyone got any news on this situation?

eel4life

Juniors
Good thing it shows there is a genuine call up for the guys who are putting in the hard yards, hopefully the guys on the brink and pushing hard and hopefully the ones do the hard work and improve ...

Keating will benefit from this and i think we need the have both options because he will learn from a guy like this and he can hit, he had a solid game and i hope next time he dives form dummy half he does a foot to the right next time ...

Latest posts