What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kevin 'What do we do with you' Naqaima

Aku could be the most dangerous dummy half runner in the game if he was more Sam Perrett like and got busy when the defence is slow around the ruck or a defender is out of place in the line. Perrett is a very clever footballer. The number of times he gets Dogs going when his forwards are tired is quite a feat. Aku with an offload in traffic would be a real weapon given they put three or four in a tackle to stop him. Second phase would just open up off of that.

Last edited:

Adsy

Juniors
What should we do with Kev? Perhaps teach him to go to ground in a tackle when you've got the ball, you're leading the match, and there is 10 seconds left on the clock.

perverse

Referee
Kev would be looking like getting some serious game time shortly I would imagine. Question marks over Aku and Boyd... and with Irigin period coming up we'd be losing Darius anyway periodically. I hope he takes the opportunity at fullback with both hands... would be nice to see him put Boyd on notice and motivate him to play well every week.

Adsy

Juniors
I have to say everything I've seen of Kev, I feel in first grade he's best utilised on the wing.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I agree. Aku has really been mediocre has been totally shown up by jimmy.

Aku has totally lost that x factor.

He is clearly out of sorts and more than likely carrying some sort of niggle. Dropping him to NSW Cup is just a rediculous suggestion though. Huge over reaction

Noname36

First Grade
Time to give Aku some NSW Cup experience. Passenger.

Did you even watch the game?

He took two fantastic bombs for us that he previously could have dropped, and ran into the middle of the field a lot to get involved. Yeah, massive passenger. Unless you were referring to that try that was scored down his wing which was absolutely not his fault. Our defense just did not slide left with the Warrior's attack. Aku and Gagai were the only two out there. Gagai chose to go in and Aku was left 3 on 1. What did you expect him to do? He stays marking his opposition winger and the try is scored on his inside.

But yes, let's drop a player who's clearly down on confidence to NSW cup for doing absolutely nothing wrong. That should fix him. Thank God you're not the coach,

Allstar Knights

Juniors
What's he done right, though? Besides some strong carries, he's far too overweight and slow. Honestly, he barely looks interested out there and you never see him smiling anymore and having some fun.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Aku needs to lose weight or bulk or whatever it is.

That's a fair call Yosh. He looks like he's packed on a lot of chub of late. IMO he needs to lose at least 5kg before he gets back anywhere near his best. I'm guessing there are one of 2 reasons why he is overweight. Either he hasn't been able to train much due to injury, or after signing his 2 million dollar contract he's become complacent. I'm hoping it's the first option.

Noname36

First Grade
What's he done right, though? Besides some strong carries, he's far too overweight and slow. Honestly, he barely looks interested out there and you never see him smiling anymore and having some fun.

What do you expect him to do? Especially from the wing? He's down on confidence for sure, he's not backing his ability like he used to. However he's still running into the middle of the field to get involved. He's certainly not trying to be lazy or a passenger by any means which a lot of people seem to be implying. He needs to lose weight for sure. However a lack of confidence is his issue at moment. Aku is a confidence player, and when he's down on confidence he's down on form. It's always been the case.

He definetly needs to lose weight, but more than that he needs to get his confidence back...and he's not going to get that back being dropped to NSW cup. It will do the opposite. You drop players to NSW cup to give them a wake up call when they're not putting in. Aku is putting in. He's just not doing it with his usual confidence and spark. The only way he's going to get that confidence back is by the coach showing faith in him and keeping him in the top grade. No doubt he needs to lose weight, but he can just as easily do that playing firstgrade as he would playing NSW cup.

What do you expect him to do? Especially from the wing? He's down on confidence for sure, he's not backing his ability like he used to. However he's still running into the middle of the field to get involved. He's certainly not trying to be lazy or a passenger by any means which a lot of people seem to be implying. He needs to lose weight for sure. However a lack of confidence is his issue at moment. Aku is a confidence player, and when he's down on confidence he's down on form. It's always been the case.

He definetly needs to lose weight, but more than that he needs to get his confidence back...and he's not going to get that back being dropped to NSW cup. It will do the opposite. You drop players to NSW cup to give them a wake up call when they're not putting in. Aku is putting in. He's just not doing it with his usual confidence and spark. The only way he's going to get that confidence back is by the coach showing faith in him and keeping him in the top grade. No doubt he needs to lose weight, but he can just as easily do that playing firstgrade as he would playing NSW cup.

^^ Nod

Allstar Knights

Juniors

He's often caught being lazy when he's going for the ball on kick returns, he just jogs and shows no urgency at all. He still does some good things, but I just don't think his attitude is fully there at the moment. It's mainly a confidence thing, I know that. You're probably right about dropping him to NSW Cup won't help him. Personally, I think he misses a guy like Craig Sandercock who was not only a good friend of his, but believed in him back when he had a lot of flaws in his game. He put a lot of time and effort every day into helping Uate become the best winger in the comp.

Last edited:

Latest posts