What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Performance Indicators

Dread

Juniors
Thankfully I don't think we're anywhere near peaking. Still a lot of improvement left in this team, if Raper can keep their heads screwed on. Unfortunately the media are starting to realise the good form we're in; that's never helpful.

Like I mentioned a while back, our midseason injuries came at a good time. Dykesy will return in a few weeks which can only add to this outfit. Meanwhile, without him, we're still winning a pile of games.

I think Noddy has his kicking game bedded down. The backrow is the way forward and underpins the core benchmarks and deliverables. Coach Raper has given a heads up for the attck to ramp up its try scoring world's best practice try scoring efficiencies. No point shifting the goalposts at the end of the day.

Since 73

First Grade
Peaking too soon isn't neccessarily the worry. It's maintaining the peak for long enough to hold the trophy up.
This takes very good player management. The players are obviously having a ball at the moment (note the celebration after Hutch's try) and that is the crucial ingredient.

Also SOO isn't hurting us with players being drained or halfbacks getting shirty from being dropped. (We need the Blues to win on Wed so that doesn't change).

The best defensive game I've seen from a Sharks team for years. not just because the Cowboys only scored 4 points, but the manner in which we applied ourselves to the task - a group of blokes who were simply committed to protecting their goal-line for 80 minutes. From anywhere on the field.
The 4th time in about 8 weeks that we have held the opposition scoreless in the 2nd half.
An amazing statistic in the modern game.

Bk's best game for ages.
Because he didn't do much.
Instead of running around like frantic fanny thinking he had to instruct everyone from 1 - 17 where to stand, when to run or when to breathe, he is concentrating on his own game.
And finally his kicking game is returning and being effective. We are seeing quality from him, not quantity.
The added bonus is other blokes are showing what they can do when Noddy isn't in their ear telling them to put their right foot before their left foot.

Will Noddy be as comfortable in the back seat when Dykes comes back?

sharkadelic

Juniors
I noted at one stage late in game, I am pretty sure it was the 2nd half we had two interchanges in reserve more than the cows and then I saw a cow forward running around with his deli number on the sideline.

I also remember early in the season, in an interview with Thommo, he was asked "what is it like training with the sharks as opposed to the dragons?" and he made mention of Rapers huge focus on fitness, which I thought was interesting.

Since 73 said:
Bk's best game for ages.
Because he didn't do much.
Instead of running around like frantic fanny thinking he had to instruct everyone from 1 - 17 where to stand, when to run or when to breathe, he is concentrating on his own game.
And finally his kicking game is returning and being effective. We are seeing quality from him, not quantity.
The added bonus is other blokes are showing what they can do when Noddy isn't in their ear telling them to put their right foot before their left foot.

I think this summation is perfect. I think Noddy has been noticibly down on fitness/confidence and has tried to do too much for ages. One of the deadliest aspect he had as a half was his running game, whereas for too long lately, he would run at the line and always throw the flat pass. He took on the line a few times last night, and the defence got burnt. If Dykes can come back and inject himself when he sees something on, without any friction we will have a good shake at the title. The team has proven they know their roles, and dont need Nod to control every single play.

Latest posts