What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key Word: Defence..Henjak!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Do we plan on making a tackle next game? FFS..we get the lead and then the muppets decide to not tackle again..gosh that was painful!:x

beads6

First Grade
Our attitude wasn't there tonight, it will be a good wake up call. Don't blame Ivan he can't tackle for them.

wow how my attitude has changed... Must be fatherhood that has changed me.

renouf

Juniors
IMO Henjak screwed up the selections tonight.. why is it that Setu and Sims aren't in the side? We got belted in the forwards and could have used some bigger forwards, McGuire wasn't bad, but he just doesn't cut it. Neither does Dodds.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I can't comment on Dodds as I have missed most of the games in the past 8 weeks due to a medical issue, but McGuire is trash. I'd be keeping Sims over that hack any day of the week, hell I'd rather Anderson!

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
MaGuire was there because he was one of our best last week against the titans. Dodds is there for his defense. Unfortunately they both had an off game although some of MaGuires runs were very strong. Setu isn't there because he is inconsistent, his defense is a liability also he can make big hits but can leave the rest of the team exposed on occasions. Sims is out of favor for no apparent reason. I would like to see sims back for Dodds next week, i'm a fan of Dodds but he just can't gain enough meters going forward. And the pack needs the aggression that Sims brings

broncos70

Juniors
sims, anderson and setu are 50 times better than dodds and mcguire..we have 2 slow starting front rowers and dodds is another slow and crap front rower..we need someone explosive off the bench and sims is much more explosive than dodds..mcguire goes ok but against decent packs he'll go missing

AuDragon

Juniors
If we're going to punt someone, it should be Kenny!
Dodds D is much better than his and tonight even his hit-ups were better. Kenny didn't have a single dominant tackle and got bent over every time he attacked the line.
Tronc isn't fast either, but he locks the ball in and seldom allows offloads, while he offloads really well himself.
What did McGuire do wrong last night? He was the most aggressive and explosive forward in attack and is the only one that can stand proud next to our awesome 2nd row IMO.

With Te'o out, Gillett takes the spot and we should get Sims, Setu and/or Anderson for Te'o and Kenny. We need mongrel in the forwards, especially against St Merge!

DeeJ

Bench
I don't know what you are talking about AuDragon, Kenny's defence wasn't as dominant as it usually is but he was powering through tackles and pushing their defenders back every time he ran the ball.

AuDragon

Juniors
I don't know what you are talking about AuDragon, Kenny's defence wasn't as dominant as it usually is but he was powering through tackles and pushing their defenders back every time he ran the ball.
We must have watched a different game, it seems to happen once in a while... ;-)

Lycon79

Juniors
If we're gonna lynch a prop unfortunatly Kenny is the one IMO I don't think he is 100% TBH. I would love to see Hala get a run but would think Sims would be a better option at this stage of the season maybe swap either maguire/ Dodds for Hala, just so I can see how he goes cmon Ivan.:crazy: In all seriousness whole sale changes in the pack is not the answer. So bring in Sims for Kenny until he finds some form.

DeeJ

Bench
We must have watched a different game, it seems to happen once in a while... ;-)

I'm gonna have to keep a firm stance on this one. Usually Kenny's attacking game is not the best, I think he is too slow and small to compete with most props. But last night he was pushing forward instead of getting driven back each hit up.

AuDragon

Juniors
If we're gonna lynch a prop unfortunatly Kenny is the one IMO I don't think he is 100% TBH. I would love to see Hala get a run but would think Sims would be a better option at this stage of the season maybe swap either maguire/ Dodds for Hala, just so I can see how he goes cmon Ivan.:crazy: In all seriousness whole sale changes in the pack is not the answer. So bring in Sims for Kenny until he finds some form.
We lost Te'o, so I think Setu should come in for him and either Sims or Anderson for Kenny.

user_nat

Coach
Sims has been good in the last few of games against the Saints, would like to see him given a go.

DeeJ

Bench
Sims off the bench to destroy St George like he did last year. Dunno about putting in Setu for Dodds, defence was an issue in the game against the Roosters and Setu won't help that. Anderson or McGuire I could flip a coin over though.