What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicking Strategies..

Moffo

Referee
Whilst on the topic of strategy...

Kicking. Grubbers, Bombs, Long kicks and 40/20s. What strategy will we all be employing. Personally, anywhere within the opposing teams 50 and ill be trying my luck with bombs and grubbers. And even early in the tackle count, if the opportunity arises, i will try a grubber ahead

Vodka, whats the likelihood of grubbers inside my own 50 working???

Cheers,
Moffo

Monkey

Juniors
bombs to the wing will be a tactic from anywhere inside there 30. chip kicks will be used a fair bit n all. not gonna go for many 40-20 's

Erhan

Juniors
Hopefully kicks are easier to pull off than in the demo. It was almost impossible to kick and regather as the player going for the ball would invariably slow down and just stand around at the ball even though you have the up key pressed. Also, I hope with things such as chip kicks, (depending on who is kicking I guess but) the ball should bounce back up and not bounce forward most of the time as this is what happens in real life.

JoeD

First Grade
If inside my own 40 I can see trying to go for a 40/20 every time. On attack, I would just have to experiment with what worked best. I think bombs to the corner for my flying wings would work best - although grubber kicks could work well to try to force the repeat set.

In-goal

Bench
I will be going for 40/20's willie nillie, i plan on being the master at this particular skill.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
In-goal said:
I will be going for 40/20's willie nillie, i plan on being the master at this particular skill.

haha me too....although I might give up after a while if it gets too hard.

TripleM

Juniors
I'm not gonna go for 40/20s every time.. because then if you get too good at it you could just keep regaining possession all the time.. I think I'll just leave it as a surprise weapon.
To start off with I'll just go for long kicks to keep them down their end.. then once I master the easy level I'll stay there for a while trying to get grubbers and bombs working. I think I'll need them on higher levels..

ChiaPete

Juniors
Does anyone know if weather conditions will effect kicking. I mean will a wet surface slow a grubber down? Will wet conditions increase the chance of dropped bombs?

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

Priddo

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
If i'm struggling to get out of my own half on the 3rd or 4th i'm going to attempt a 40/20 using Craig Gower.

i'll do the same except i'll use more then gower, maybe get satts, preston and priddis having a shot sometimes.

Latest posts