What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

hindy111

Post Whore
This is how I see it in regards to Ionghi.
Before season started he was probably in the mix for future. But D.Lauries form, Alamoti coming good, C.Mcleans development and to a degree Jesse's plus the signing of Blaize meant his pathway was kind of blocked.
Edwards probably still has 3 top shelf years left. Maybe even 4.

The backline is young. Very young when consider Alamoti is 20, Tago 22, Casey 18 and Jesse 19. Blaize 19.
Too is still only 25 the same as Laurie.

Then you have J.Cole who might be a utility?

I see the side as below

1 Edwards
2 Too
3 Tago
4 C.Mclean
5 Alamoti

I reckon Jesse and Laurie will be pushing for a spot. Tago may end up moving to the 2nd row. Id be suprised if those 5 are not in the 17.

betcats

Referee
iongi will be good buts he’s ready to go now. We’d be seriously holding him back by not letting him go. Laurie is still the back up next year. Edgar and attard will be the ones we look to replace dyl when the time comes. Attard just got picked in aus school boys at fb. Basically we are deep as f**k at fullback and it does no one any favours not letting iongi when he’d likely sign elsewhere in November anyway and be blocking the cup spot for us next year. We’ve got other seriously talented kids we can use that spot to develop in next year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Harsh on MG2, he is going fine. Not ready for 80 yet, but cant blame him for that.

1st try I agree, 2nd one was fine. I would be pissed if we had that taken off us.

Fish hit was a penalty, we would be howling if reversed. Just one of those things, my problem with it was the non penalty for the high shot on Nath in the in goal. No consistency.

I see MG as a slow burn player. He's improved since coming into grade. I believe he will continue to improve.

I believe Penrith's cards had been 'marked' by match officials before the game. Especially considering all the carry on in the media.