What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidley

Big Tim

First Grade
How good did he play today?

His kick/chase was faultless, his try was very Joeyish and he led the team in offence very well. We are looking better and better the more opportunities he gets.

What do you think?

~bedsy~

First Grade
He will be a great player... but he still needs some work and if he keeps training with Joey he will keep getting better and better.
Hopefully we can keep him.... I don't wanna see a repeat of the Joey, Matty sarga again on Matt and kurt.

Risa

Bench
I always knew the boy had talent, but never knew he had this much so soon! It seems as if the extra help Joey's been giving him has been working! He's a superstar in the making.

To be honest, I thought it was his best games in the halves to date. Much better than his second 40 against the Warriors anyway. Definetely the first time he's played a full 80 minutes to his potential in the halves too.

A good all round performance. Defence, attack, kicking and most important of all, control. Big test is still putting performances back to back. Consistency is his biggest failing at the moment.

Big Tim

First Grade
The thing he has going for him is speed. If he puts in a bad kick he just gets downfield and tackles the guy before he can move, thus turning an ordinary kick into a great one.

Did I mention that this puts everyone else onside too? No? Well that is another benefit of his kicking.

chinorocks

Juniors
He is playing really well, and I have to agree his kicking game seems to be improving each week (aside from the kicks for touch in the Raiders game).

Did anyone see the "feature" on him on the Sunday Footy show today. It sucked they spent more time talking about Matt Gidley and johns than they did talking about Kurt.

They focused quite a bit on Matt, but what about the focus on his first and last (until this afternoon) matches? Wasn't too much difference.

LOL!

gnome

Juniors
Young Gids is improving with each run. He does however posess a self destruct button that he is prone to push about one in 5 games. Hopefully he can keep his finger off that button during the finals.

roopy

Referee
His kicking game is what is impressing me.
I really didn't think he had a good kicking game on the efforts he has come up with in the past (kicking backwards with embarrassing regularity), but he has put together several good kicking games now.

His try was a Kurt special. He will develop the reputation of being the most dangerous man in the NRL with the ball in his hands from 10 metres out in the next few years. He can run round em, through em, over em and if by some chance they do stop him, he has a great offload as well, and when the guys get used to playing with him he will have half the team trying to be in his hip pocket when he goes for a run, because they will know the offload is coming.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
He played really well. As most of us know. The bloke in the #7 jersey in the knights, is the bloke that does just about everything, as far as controlling the team when rudder is at 5/8 anyway. So he'll need to keep this great performance going for the rest of the season. It will be hard for him to continue consistancy, particularly with a 5/8 that offers the team nothing in attack and allows the opposition line breaks when in defence. But I guess we've had 3 years to get used that.

Keep playing well Kurt. Because apparently you will offer the team nothing at 5/8 next year. Maybe you should try to play like an ordinary 2nd rower at 5/8. You might look good to a very select few then.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
LOL, bring it. Are you saying you didn't miss this week's performance?

Very convienient.

no I didn't. I'm so sorry that you don't believe me about me missing the first 45 minutes of the raiders game. Call my boss if it bothers you so much :lol:

Doctor

Bench
Herodotus never went anywhere.

Is this an actual historical theory of yours?
From what I know of Herodotus, his records of some of the places he claims to have seen are a bit dodgy. He forgets key landmarks, gets measurements wrong etc.

This is off the track I know, but I thought it was quite interesting you have it as your signiture - I think he did go places both geographically, and in his written records of Greece - but nevertheless an interesting statement.

Leasha

Juniors
Hehe Im surprised it took that long for BIHK and Danish Moo Cow to start at it again! :p On the old forum, it usually took only one post to start up another battle :D Good work boys :!:

Original_Chook said:
Herodotus never went anywhere.

Is this an actual historical theory of yours?
From what I know of Herodotus, his records of some of the places he claims to have seen are a bit dodgy. He forgets key landmarks, gets measurements wrong etc.

This is off the track I know, but I thought it was quite interesting you have it as your signiture - I think he did go places both geographically, and in his written records of Greece - but nevertheless an interesting statement.

Oh I know, Chook. I was just exagerating the point a bit. I was signing up and I had to find something a bit unusual and something would hopefully inspire a "what the?" face. I just happened to have 'The Histories' sitting on my book case and it made me laugh thinking, "what a nutter that guy was."

I have little doubt he travelled, and travelled a long way. But his accounts were, in a lot of cases, dumb. His Egyptian stories were great, but the bad details on the rest of Africa, India and anything before his time were pretty ordinary. It's almost all second hand info which begs the question, did he even go there. What about the gold digging ants the size of dogs?

That said, it's a great read, isn't it? ;-)

And Bring It, what's the phone number? I'll make a booking...

Doctor

Bench
it made me laugh thinking, "what a nutter that guy was."

I have little doubt he travelled, and travelled a long way. But his accounts were, in a lot of cases, dumb. His Egyptian stories were great, but the bad details on the rest of Africa, India and anything before his time were pretty ordinary. It's almost all second hand info which begs the question, did he even go there. What about the gold digging ants the size of dogs?

Well he sure knows how to tell a good story - albeit a padded out piece of B.C sensationalism. If he lived today he'd be editor of The Daily Telegraph.

Latest posts