What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kidwell could be out for the season!

Murphdogg1

Juniors
I wonder who is going to get the Kiwi captaincy now? Cayless? That would be a cop-out for mine

They need to start a new era - give it to one of the young blokes and let them have a crack

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Murphdogg1 said:
I wonder who is going to get the Kiwi captaincy now? Cayless? That would be a cop-out for mine

They need to start a new era - give it to one of the young blokes and let them have a crack

We could try doing what the rumors have the Aussies doing and give the captaincy to the biggest dolt in the team

Frederick

Staff member
Shock for Rabbitohs

April 9, 2007 - 1:21PM

South Sydney co-captain David Kidwell expects to miss the rest of the NRL season after a freak accident at his Sydney home.

Kidwell fell over his two-year-old daughter, Zali, at a family barbecue last night and Rabbitohs medical staff believe he has ruptured both the medial and cruciate ligaments in his left knee.

The 29-year-old will have scans tomorrow which are likely to confirm he will require season-ending surgery.

"That's definitely my season," Kidwell said. "I'm pretty shocked. Ten years of first grade and no knee problems and something like this happens at home.

"But I'm a positive person and I will come back from this bigger and better next year."

The loss of Kidwell will be a massive blow to the Bunnies who had started 2007 with three successive wins before last Friday's 34-10 loss to the Bulldogs.

Kidwell's injury will also be felt across the Tasman as the 24-Test veteran was considered a captaincy candidate for the April 20 clash with Australia in Brisbane.

AAP
LINK

IMO his daughter should front the judiciary on suspicion of tripping ;-)

rabs

Staff member
don't see this as a big loss, his best work can be done off the field anyway

shiznit

Coach
bad news for souths, kid & the kiwis.
thankfully for the kiwis Puletua and Pritchard have been going well so they can slot into the 2nd row.
but who will be captain?? my moneys on either SBW or Asotasi to be captain.
maybe even Benji... the extra responsibility of being kiwis captain might take Benji to another level. he seems like a kid who does well in the spotlight...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,21526184-23214,00.html:

Kidwell injures knee in domestic fall
By Todd Balym
April 09, 2007 SOUTH Sydney co-captain David Kidwell expects to miss the remainder of the season after sustaining a knee injury in a freak accident at hhome.

Kidwell fell over his two-year-old daughter Zali at a family barbecue last night, and Rabbitohs medical staff believe he has ruptured the medial and cruciate ligaments in his left knee.

Kidwell, 29, will have scans tomorrow, when he expects to confirm that he will require season-ending surgery.

"That's definitely my season," Kidwell said today.

"I'm pretty shocked.

"Ten years of first grade and no knee problems, and something like this happens at home.

"But I'm a positive person and I will come back from this bigger and better next year."

Kidwell’s absence will deliver a bitter blow to the Bunnies, as he was a major force in leading the 2006 wooden spooners to three wins from their first four games.

Kidwell's injury will also be felt across the Tasman, as the 24-Test veteran was considered a captaincy candidate for the April 20 match against Australia in Brisbane.

AAP

Sugar

Bench
Hopefully Galuvao will step up (if he is fit),Luke Stuart will get a start and a few options for the bench spot.
Kidwell will still contribute with rev ups for the boys(they could have done with one on friday night)
Bench options,time for one of these blokes to step up a cement and first grade spot
Manase Manuokafoa
Joe Galuvao
Shannan McPherson
Ben Rogers
And Stuart Webb is still to come back from a rib injury.

yobbo84

Coach
F**k me. That's a massive loss. Time for Joe G or Manase to make a claim for his spot. More importantly, time for someone else to step up and do the onfield talking/leading. Who's right to do that, I don't know.

NGR

Juniors
Spiltmilk said:
JT on radio>Widders will start.
The supersub gets his chance:thumn

finally widders gets his chance...

any word on who replaces him?

Sugar

Bench
http://www.souths.com.au/fanzone/viewnewsarticle.asp?ArticleID=1851
David Kidwell Injured

Rabbitohs captain David Kidwell has suffered a knee ligament injury at home last night.

Kidwell was playing with his children when he twisted into an awkward position, hurting the ligaments in his left knee.

Kidwell was examined by Club doctor Andrew McDonald and Director of Athletic Performance Errol Alcott today, with Kidwell due to have an MRI scan on the injured knee tomorrow.

The worst case scenario is that Kidwell could miss the remainder of the 2007 season and would require a complete knee reconstruction. The extent of the damage to the knee will not be known until the results of the scans become available, which are expected by Tuesday evening.