What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kimmorley in train-on Test Squad

Do You Think He Deserved This Spot?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DEFINATELY NOT!

• Yes

• Undecided

• Total voters

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
Source : http://www.leagueunlimited.com

The first round of players have been named in the 2004 Australian Kangaroos train-on squad. They include players who are with teams now out of NRL contention.

The train-on squad so far:
LUKE BAILEY (St George Illawarra), PHIL BAILEY (Cronulla), BRYAN FLETCHER (Souths), MARK GASNIER (St George Illawarra), JOSH HANNAY (North Qld), NATHAN HINDMARSH (Parramatta), BRETT KIMMORLEY (Cronulla), JAMIE LYON (Parramatta), STEVE MENZIES (Manly), MATT SING (North Qld), JOHN SKANDALIS (Wests Tigers), SHAUN TIMMINS (St George Illawarra).

The Kangaroo tour kicks off in October with the first Test match between Great Britain and Australia being played on November 8th at JJB Stadium, Manchester.

can someone please help me out here, why tf does Kimmorley deserve a spot here, even if its the train-on squad. He deserves no where on this team :x :evil:

anyway people, voice yourself about this

Matt23

Staff member
Train on squad fair enough, but He'll be a walk up start for the halfback spot, he could even get the captaincy...and thats a joke. :evil:

knightsgal85

Juniors
I'm quite surprised with John Skandalis's selection in the train-on squad (I'm not sure if anyone holds the same view), as for some reason I was expecting Brett Kimmorley to be named (he has been playing reasonably well).

Anonymous

Juniors
Why wouldnt kimmorley be in the train on squad, hes a pretty damn good player last time i checked.

Kaz

junior
Kimmorley deserves to be in the train on squad, as he has been playing well.

Big Tim

First Grade
Hes been playing well?????????????????

Better than Gower, Finch, McLinden, Sherwin or Orford. All these players clubs are in the finals. Kimmorleys is not. The only reason he is there is cos a certain appendage of his is connected to another of Chris Andersons.

Kaz

junior
Big Tim2 said:
only reason he is there is cos a certain appendage of his is connected to another of Chris Andersons.

Well Noddy is from Newcastle, those things are quite common there. :lol:

Risa

Bench
If Penrith win the Grand Final and Gower is not named the Australian Halfback Chris Anderson has problems. Brett Kimmorley will have only played around 2 games, what 6 weeks ago?

It's an absolute disgrace. Kimmorley is only going to be named because the coach is the one and only Chris Anderson. Gower in my opinion should be named halfback. He'll be named the understudy to Kimmorley.

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
ok sorry people. i didn't really look at it that way. yes i agree he has been playing good. didn't want him in there i guess because i didn't really like him :lol:

Kaz

junior
FFS, it is a train on squad, doesn't mean he will be picked.

But he has played well for Australia when picked.

Gower if picked will drop his pants again in front of female fans. :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Big Tim2 said:
Hes been playing well?????????????????

Better than Gower, Finch, McLinden, Sherwin or Orford. All these players clubs are in the finals. Kimmorleys is not. The only reason he is there is cos a certain appendage of his is connected to another of Chris Andersons.

Your a fool, those players cant be named in the train on squad yet as they are in the finals, kimmorleys team is not. Anyway, i would have kimmorley 2nd, behind gower.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
he's a fantistic player. He's no where near Johns. But he's still good. I believe Gower, orford and possibly sherwin are more highly rated then him though. I guess being the love child of anderson gets people places

Big Tim

First Grade
Gower is an excellent player. He "won" the Dally M, and he deserves his spot. Kimmorley has done nothing, and has been doin it for ever. He will never be anything and we should give Gower a go cos he is the future of International halfs. he is still only 25.

Kaz

junior
I agree with Risa about Gower.

Gower deserves the job, even if Joey was fit.

Alex28

Coach
Kimmorley being selected in the train-on squad is a joke.

Why even waste his time? Gower and Sherwin have to be in front of him - add Orford to that as well possibly. They aren't going to take 2 half-back's to England - only 23 players in the squad. Why waste his time and keep him training when clearly he isn't going to make the squad.

And if he does - the ARL is a joke.

Jimbo

Immortal
Big Tim2 said:
Kimmorley has done nothing, and has been doin it for ever. He will never be anything

Do you want to borrow my tape of Round 22 last year? :lol:

Big Tim

First Grade
He is not as good as you think he is. If he was that good u would have made the finals. If the ARL wants to have a "train on" squad, pick Firman, he is a much better half than Bert, and will be one of the best, especially with Joeys coaching.

Jimbo

Immortal
You obviously didn't see too many Sharks games this year. If Kimmorley wasn't as good as he is, we would've been battling Souths for the spoon.

Cronulla's problem this year was backline depth and injuries to key players. We were absolutely nowhere when Noddy was off the field (belted by Manly and the Tigers :shock: ), but when he was there his effect of lifting the team was obvious. We are lucky to have him.

roopy

Referee
Kimmorley is a class act, football wise anyway.

I get behind all ex Newcastle boys, especially ones who left because the club couldn't find a place for them, and not for the money.

A lot of people say that Kimmorley is a mercenary because he follows the biggest paycheck, but he would have stayed at Newcastle for half what he was worth if we could have given him a chance at the big time.

He is not Johns, but if I were starting up a side from scratch, he would be my second choice as halfback still, because he has all the skills and experience to burn.

Latest posts