What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kimmorleys chances of a permanent first grade spot next year.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
how does that compare across the NRL in general & the extremely cold winters affect.

But in the end, it is not my point.

the average Shark supporter , in fact I would say 90% that I wpeak to are happy to be seeing a noddy free sharks & see a bright future under sticky.

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
how does that compare across the NRL in general & the extremely cold winters affect.
yes - the sh*t conditions have been a major indicator to the crowd figures

how i enjoyed the warriors game that night......

But in the end, it is not my point.

the average Shark supporter , in fact I would say 90% that I wpeak to are happy to be seeing a noddy free sharks & see a bright future under sticky.
lets hope that bright future includes more than the 1 win we have achieved in the past 2 months

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
spider said:
lets hope that bright future includes more than the 1 win we have achieved in the past 2 months

So you are saying the future is not bright under sticky & the period at the back end of this year has been harmful for the future?

spider

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
So you are saying the future is not bright under sticky & the period at the back end of this year has been harmful for the future?
did i say that reefy?

Omnishark2

Juniors
millersnose said:
he is a halfback who isnt kimmorley

of course these guys will talk him up

Actually you're spot on Millers - anyone would be an improvement over Noddy, I'd take Stevie Hansard at this point. Which just illustrates how dire Noddy's game is.

Ricky has been like an alcoholic on the Noddy issue. He knows he's got a big problem, he knows he has to banish alcohol from his life, but just can't bring himself to take the first step. Now with Seymour putting some reasonable games in, he can see there's life after Noddy. Come on Ricky, admitting you have a problem is the first step ...

Since 73

First Grade
Omnishark2 said:
... but just can't bring himself to take the first step
Many on here are forgetting.
Sticky has no qualms with dropping Noddy.
He did it the last time he coached him.

Noddy failed and he punted him.

Ricky stuart is no fool.
Sitting up in the coaches box he can see better than all of us that the young buster is finally getting his game together. Plus the guy's kicking game is the best at the club and with Sticky's fine tuning it can rival the best in the league in 08.
heck, we scored 4 tries on the back of it on saturday night.

Sticky knows old Noddy is well into the twilight of his career.
Stickys was exasperated with noddy's inability to bring what they trained on all week into the weekend's game.
So exasperated, sticky mentioned it more than once in press conferences after yet another loss.

Sticky loves to win.
More than anything.
Anyone who reckons he's going to throw away another season by letting history repeat doesn't really understand the fire that burns in this guy's gut.

Seymour has finally matured.
He's ripe and won't be allowed to rot on the shelf while some has-been past his use by date continues to stall this team.
His recent showing has been cream on the top for the Stickman who fully expected Green to be the 7 next year.
He would be salivating at these 2 young pups fighting for the spot.

Make no mistake Noddy is finished at our club.
He won't go to UK though - he'll end up at St George.
It's closer to home than Canberra.

Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Ask Josh hannay.
Noddy will be happy to go when he realises it's either that or finish his career in PL.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
I really wish I had your optimism....
I have this really horrible (ground-hog day) feeling that come the pre-season, Noddy will wear the no 7. Yes, Sticky will give Buster a go... and Green too, but in the end Noddy will get the go ahead to start the season. Buster will disappear off the radar again...

Come March next year, I hope and pray that I am wrong....

pommy shark

Juniors
Originally Posted by j0rd0_ShArKs
yes, a rumour linking him with Wakefield

To fan the flames on the above rumour - Wakefield need a half back

Wakefield Wildcats would like to announce that half back Ben Jeffries will leave the club at the end of season by mutual agreement. Ben has one year left on his contract but he feels that it is time to take a change of direction. The Wildcats have agreed to release him early from his contract but would like to thank him for his sterling service to the club over the last five years.

Jeffries joined the Wildcats in 2002, playing previously in Australia for the Newcastle Knights, St George Illawara Dragons and West Tigers. Jeffries has been a consistent try scorer for the Wildcats throughout his time with the club, scoring 10 tries so far this season.

Chairman Ted Richardson commented: ‘Ben Jeffries has been outstanding and we are sure that the outcome will be mutually beneficial for both the club and for the player’.

http://www.wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/jeffries-to-leave-at-end-of-the-season-i602560.html

Ricky feels we are a few years away from being contenders - our young side of the past few weeks has shown as much grit as our experienced side and also shown a lot more flair than was the case even when we were in the giddy position of third.

I think it is time to look only at the future and get the young - fast - skillful guys on the field - sadly this precludes Noddy getting a start as he does not fit the bill (I say sadly as in his day Noddy was bloody good at his brand of footy - now that brand is old hat and so is he)

If we carry on with the present choices the rookies will still be rookies in 2010 when Noddy is gone and we have to start all over again pushing success about 4 years away from here

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Seymour has been a relevation the past few weeks and I look forward to seeing him improve even more next year, but with Noddy I think its all going to depend on Seymour improving and how well Green goes. If these two players can build a combination, steer the team around the park, get positive results then its goodbye Noddy. If they dont perform then Ricky will be forced to put Noddy back into the team.

samshark

Juniors
As much as I hate the thought Kimorley will be half and captain in round 1 next year.
Put your house on it.

Card Shark

Immortal
I commented at the time that losing Kimmorley for the year would ultimately be to our benefit, as it will give others a chance to show there stuff.

2 months later & only 1 win, I haven't changed my opinion.

Please don't let him come back - we are over him now. Let's move on with some new blood.
(Sorry Brett, it's not personal mate - I respect what you have done for us but we need a new direction)

spider

Coach
on a side note - great news that noddy ran for the first time this week

has come through the healing process well to date

Since 73

First Grade
spider said:
on a side note - great news that noddy ran for the first time this week
Old joke:
Irishman says to the doctor, "When my broken arm heals Doc, will I be able to play the piano?"
"Sure," replies the Doc.
"Great," says the Irish guy " I couldn't play before I broke it.

Noddy says to the doctor, "When my leg heals Doc, will I be able to kick the ball?"
you know the rest............

Latest posts