What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Gutho linked to Dragons

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Luai had an option of going to Souths or learning from James Maloney, he took the latter & it paid off for him. I hope Sloan would do the same, it would be good for him to have a proper fullback teach him fullback play. All the little tips & tricks which only good fullbacks know.

Also no one else will pick up Sloan, it's a position of depth in the NRL & we're his last option. I'd be glad to get him off our books if he chucks a tantrum if we get Gutho.
I think the dogs will target Sloan if Gutho heads to us.

Veteran Dragon

Juniors
The case for Gutho
Sloan could learn so much from Gutho
He played 21 out 27 games in 2024 and rarely has a bad game
Goal kicks 71.7% 38 goals. He makes a good replacement kicker if Val Holmes plays SOO.
He turned 30 in September 24. There are plenty of backs in their 30s playing well.
Gutho is a well liked team man that gives it all every game. The evidence is Parramatta fans are screaming that they don’t want to lose him.

PS. he is not my son. ☺️

Sloan Ranger

Juniors
The case for Gutho
Goal kicks 71.7% 38 goals. He makes a good replacement kicker if Val Holmes plays SOO.
He turned 30 in September 24. There are plenty of backs in their 30s playing well.
Gutho is a well liked team man that gives it all every game. The evidence is Parramatta fans are screaming that they don’t want to lose him.

PS. he is not my son. ☺️
I can't see Hunt and Gutho in the same side. Any deal to sign Gutho will involve moving Hunt on. I reckon Flanagan wants a clean start with 'his own man' as captain with no other allegiances.

So Gutho 5/8th and captain and Flanagan Jnr half back.

Although if I was Gutho I'd want some pretty strong assurances that we are going to sign some forwards. Or why bother?

Not sure what more Sloan can learn after 2 full seasons at fullback. He either has a good offseason and commits to the position or time to move him on. He'd benefit from a better pack also.

blue bags

First Grade
The case for Gutho

PS. he is not my son. ☺️
He was strapped up . Bandage up. Like a mummy. Knee injury. 3 cracked. Broken ribs. But kept playing on this year. Tough King Gutho

HenryTatana

Juniors
I can't see Hunt and Gutho in the same side. Any deal to sign Gutho will involve moving Hunt on. I reckon Flanagan wants a clean start with 'his own man' as captain with no other allegiances.

So Gutho 5/8th and captain and Flanagan Jnr half back.

Although if I was Gutho I'd want some pretty strong assurances that we are going to sign some forwards. Or why bother?

Not sure what more Sloan can learn after 2 full seasons at fullback. He either has a good offseason and commits to the position or time to move him on. He'd benefit from a better pack also.
A better pack won’t make him catch bombs any better nor tackle better.

Nich

Juniors
Read somewhere and fully agree that Gutho would not like the commute from Manly to the Gong. Move the operation back to StGeorge territory and it could help with recruitment. That plus move the present GM of football out of the club completely and permanently.
Most of the St George area is a traffic choked cheap apartment shit hole. Much like the rest of sydney. It offers nothing for recruitment.

maestro1

Bench
A better pack won’t make him catch bombs any better nor tackle better.
Of course a better pack makes a fullbacks job easier. With a better pack you maintain momentum for larger portions of the game which means your not catching the bombs on your tryline with a dominant forward pack hitting you at the crucial moment and you will do more defense when your forwards are being dominated. With better forwards gaining the upper hand with field position and momentum most of the game is in the attacking mode for a fullback. How many times were our opposition fullbacks catching a Ben Hunt bomb 30 metres from their tryline and no defenders around him. These shit bombs were usually after our forwards failed to make it to the halfway line after coming off our line. Lucky our backs like Suli, Lomax and CT were able to make good metres coming off our line because our forwards weren't getting us upfield.

Latest posts