What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Kyle

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Against the Tigers in the Gong it was really obvious. The first 15/20 Hunt was first receiver and nothing was happening but 5 hits ups and an ineffective kick. Then Flanno moved and got the ball first, playing more like a 7, and the whole team opened up as we began to play both sides, Hunt had more space to run or play. We got back into the game by the end of the 1st half and in the second half they really got it right. I don’t understand why we don’t do this the whole game?
Exactly how we have seen it

Last edited:

Mojo

Bench
Against the Tigers in the Gong it was really obvious. The first 15/20 Hunt was first receiver and nothing was happening but 5 hits ups and an ineffective kick. Then Flanno moved and got the ball first, playing more like a 7, and the whole team opened up as we began to play both sides, Hunt had more space to run or play. We got back into the game by the end of the 1st half and in the second half they really got it right. I don’t understand why we don’t do this the whole game?
I think it's become increasingly obvious that Hunt really doesn't like receiving the ball from and, to a lesser extent, feeding the ball to, players he considers less experienced. I suspect it's become a thing in his subconscious. I don't think it's arrogance necessarily; I just think his headspace is (and this has probably been reinforced since he first picked up a footy) that he's a 'cut-above'. This is why he excels at rep level and reverts to a sort of 'silent cop' at club level (except for when he sees an opportunity for an individual attacking play). He's a very interesting character: what I call a 'centric' personality. He could be a truly brilliant player if he worked on this headspace to visualise himself as a pivotal connection with other players - a conductor.

Latest posts