What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Kyle

since77

Juniors

Mojo

Bench
I think we are better off with Kyle than Amone at 5/8. Will never be a superstar and will have poor games like the rest of the team, but just seems to be happy that he is playing and appears to be a team player and wants what's best for the team.
Heaps better than Junior (on and off the field). Always been a very good footy player, screwed around by previous clubs. Our gain.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
Heaps better than Junior (on and off the field. Always been a very good footy player, screwed around by previous clubs. Our gain.
Yeah I've never understood the shade that some Dragons fans have hurled towards Kyle F this year. Always after a loss in which the whole team has played badly. In the games we have won he has at minimum been very solid and at best he plays a big role in the win.
I'm satisfied with him as our regular 6 for the next year or two. Will improve even more if we can land a top level front rower or 2.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Wow - Annesley backed Kyle's try

Perhaps we might be gaining a little respect from the NRL?

So glad this call did not decide the result. Shocking call. I am keen to know if Annesley changes his tune if it does impact the result. In the end he admitted the error so we can't ask for more.

The bunker should really have access to listen to the commentary (Foxtel not Ch9) as every time they are 100% confident in their ruling of what gets referred to the bunker and in this case they were 100% convinced it was a try, then go with the commentators. Going against them will always end up in controversy.

Flanno mentioned in his press conference which is crucial that all the ref wanted to see is if the ball touched the line or was grounded not anything else and the bunker let him down so the actual ref did not even feel it was double movement just possibly short of the line.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Kyle is doing well.
He might be just sneaking up on a few re his contribution to our games.
There is no doubt the other school of thought there are better 5/8s out there..............which there are.
I just think he is evolving like the Alien in the Alien movie (1979 what a movie BTW) :)
Plus he is on our spaceship and the others are in a different galaxy.
If Flano can get Lomax to shoot the lights out and make SOO in his first year of coaching Zac then i suspect the role that Kyle will play next 10 rounds or so will evolve. We got a bloody good glimpse last week. If he was awarded the try plus one of the no tries at the end of the game (that he set up try assist).............wow wee

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Kyle has great defence, his ball service and his running game particularly near the line is first class. The other good news is he keeps improving.

Good call.

2 players that are underrated in my view, are Kyle and Liddle, both in key roles. As Kyle grows in confidence and gets more of the ball, he will be able to add to his attack. I rate them both.

Veteran Dragon

Juniors
Kyle always plays a solid game and his darts near the opposition line has awarded him some great tries. His defence is as good as any 5/8 in the NRL. He doesn’t need a minder in the defensive line like some other 5/8s in the game. He seems a lot happier here at our club and I can see him improving even more with Cook coming next year.

Illusion

Bench
Yeah I've never understood the shade that some Dragons fans have hurled towards Kyle F this year. Always after a loss in which the whole team has played badly. In the games we have won he has at minimum been very solid and at best he plays a big role in the win.
I'm satisfied with him as our regular 6 for the next year or two. Will improve even more if we can land a top level front rower or 2.
X2 .........

Harry Bath

Juniors
Kyle & Hunt play better when Kyle has more control over our attack, the team also looks more dangerous with greater involvement of Kyle. Hunt less touches = more quality = more variation in attack = greater impact from Kyle.
I don't understand why Hunt has to take every last play option?, very predictable and his long kicking game apart from the odd 40/20 (which I agree is one of the best in the league) has not been first grade standard this year,
Is it Coach Flanagan's instructions to give it to Benny?

Mojo

Bench
I don't understand why Hunt has to take every last play option?, very predictable and his long kicking game apart from the odd 40/20 (which I agree is one of the best in the league) has not been first grade standard this year,
It’s an ongoing mystery. Maybe they line up in (first name) alphabetical order.

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
Been saying this for zonks , his kicking game is terrible , and it was on show again against Manly ........ Give someone else a go , everyone goes on about how good he is when he does something good but never a word said by coach's media when he stuffs up The guys a good player when he plays what's in front of him and doesn't have to organize the team ........ It's been 7 years the guy is no game manager .........

Dea

Juniors
Against the Tigers in the Gong it was really obvious. The first 15/20 Hunt was first receiver and nothing was happening but 5 hits ups and an ineffective kick. Then Flanno moved and got the ball first, playing more like a 7, and the whole team opened up as we began to play both sides, Hunt had more space to run or play. We got back into the game by the end of the 1st half and in the second half they really got it right. I don’t understand why we don’t do this the whole game?