What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Try ?

Was kings no try a try or not???

• Not Try

Votes: 75 40.1%
  • Try

Votes: 112 59.9%

• Total voters

Leagueguy

Juniors
hodgescy1.jpg

Leagueguy

Juniors
Have a look at this its no TRY. Hoffmans arms swung round and hit the ball for sure. At some point his arm had to hit the ball.

MSIH

Bench
Good pic, but that doesn't show the ball hitting Hoffman's arm. It shows Hodges hand in between.

Even so, if it takes that to prove your 'point', where is the benefit of the doubt? There sure is some doubt in that.

MSIH

Bench
You seem to think the more you say that, the more likely it is to be true.

Sadly, you've got nfi.

MSIH

Bench
I don't give a sh*t, I'm not a Melbourne fan.

I've got a dislike for rubbish refereeing.

Leagueguy

Juniors
I thought it looked like at least some part of hoffmans arm must have hit the ball. It definately hit hodges hand but Hoffman arm came round the side of the ball.

phonetic

Juniors
I reckon if there was any benefit of the doubt, it should have gone to Melbourne, but as I mentioned before.. no sympathy. Crap calls happen.. they've been on their share of good ones this year. In fact, most play the balls they have.

jimmythehand

Juniors
I don't think the problem is if the decision is right or not, it's the fact that only 2 replays were looked at. RORT.

At the very least it should have been 6 more tackles to the Storm in an attacking position, and if they used the super slo-mo they would have at least done that if not given a bod try.

Crippler

Juniors
yeh but if you see the video . The darker colour between the ball and hoffmans arm is Hodges left hand. the hand causes hoffmans elbow to bend due to the force of the ball which then bounces into hodges right hand and onto hoffmans head .TRY

i dont see and part off hoffmans arm on the ball, just hodges left hand.

juanfarkall

Coach
jimmythehand said:
I don't think the problem is if the decision is right or not, it's the fact that only 2 replays were looked at. RORT.

At the very least it should have been 6 more tackles to the Storm in an attacking position, and if they used the super slo-mo they would have at least done that if not given a bod try.

exactly what do you mean when you say "RORT" ?

Lowdown

Juniors
gregstar said:
good pic.

It is an 'ok' pic - but enough to show sufficient doubt that Hoffman ever touched the ball.

Clean up the image and view it as you would on tv (without the poor quality pixelated zoom image displayed below)and you'll see Hodges' hand being that little dark shadow between the ball and hoffmans arm.

The replay is conclusive - it should have been a try. Most people who have taken the time to view the replay agree - and the poll seems to reflect this too as the days pass.

History is conclusive - Broncos won.

Bring on 2007

The Brain

Juniors
Its not full proof is it,There is a shadow between the ball and the arm which means air space replays show the hodges hand s in there propelling the ball towards king who is on side.
This was a greg Hartley decision if ever i saw one.its a bad call its a try for your life the benefit of doubt by the NRL law goes to the attacking team.
Melbourne are the champs not the bullsh*tbroncos.
If I was a Bronco i would not brag about winning the premiership its like Manly bragging about it in the seventies over parra with hartleys crap.

Harrigon thrives on media controversy ,he has made a post Ref career out of it this keeps him in touch with that propaganda -hang your head in shame harrigon.
harrigon and Simpkins should never be aloud near a football field again.
The pwer of the fans is huge that was proven during the superleague war .
Every one should scream their heads off to get rid of these homo's.

imasharkie

Coach
who cares if it was or wasn't a try Broncos have the shield.

Bloody whingen Storm supporters.

Get over it...........

YOU LOST

Nullajet

Juniors
Ima......i have seen you whinge about the sharks losing games with less referee input than what cost the storm......fair go..........the GF was the worst I ahve seen for ref input having an effect on result.

people say "oh but the broncos defence won it"........hey 2 tries a piece and one storm (legit) try disallowed.........how does that figure????????

The worst GF i have watche d due to officiating!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Seems a shame that this years GF has a cloud hanging over it. All season we saw dodgy refing performances, including the video ref, and our fear was it would continue into the most important match. Guess what happended?

Surely the who ref situation needs an overhaul starting with Finches head. He has shown himself to be completely incompetent