What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Wally's take on Last Friday night!

antonius

Coach
What day was it written?? Wednesday, took Wally a while to write it up eh? Who do the Knights play this weekend? Ah yes Wallys Broncettes! enough said about that article.

skeepe

Immortal
antonius said:
What day was it written?? Wednesday, took Wally a while to write it up eh? Who do the Knights play this weekend? Ah yes Wallys Broncettes! enough said about that article.

Wally writes his reviews every Wednesday. I fail to see what that has to do with anything.

He also shows no bias in his reviews. If you were to accuse him of favouritism, that would more likely show in the previews he writes every Thursday/Friday.

So no, it's not "enough said" at all. The sad fact is you Knights fans simply can't handle the truth. Enough said.

Johns Magic

Referee
dannyboy said:
I can't say as I'm unhappy that the Knights won as I had money on the game and being a Sharks man, if ever there is a team I'm happy to see lose it has to be the silvertails.

That being said, Wally is spot on. It was blatant home town reffing, stupid sin-binnings on all counts and a chickening out of a text book send off. If the game had been at Telstra I have no doubt that Buderus would've been getting first dibs on the showers.

My son kept saying the ref was cheating (I kept trying to defend the referees interprations or explaining to him why the ref may have ruled in such a way) but I had no answer (I couldn't even think of a plausible lie) when he was flabbergasted (wonderful description there Moose) about no send off for Newcastle yet Manly effectively cop one in return. Nine years old and he calls it like he sees it.

Still, its history now....just like the Knights chances.

Oh well, if your nine year old said it, it must be right...

B-dos

Referee
skeepe said:
So no, it's not "enough said" at all. The sad fact is you Knights fans simply can't handle the truth. Enough said.

lol... The truth is, we won the game. Manly supporters and Knights haters are whinging about it. oh and Canberra lost and are out of the finals. Enough said.

JJ

Immortal
:lol: if Manly did get the rough end of the referee's whistle (not sure I agree) - then most of us can just back and wonder about whether karma really does exist...

I mean, f**k Manly, seriously - the scum of league :D

perverse

Referee
lets not forget that it's cool to hate the knights these days because of andrew johns eh?

manly were shockingly undiciplined.. as were the knights last friday.. hamstead lost the plot.. for both teams. his reffing around the ruck was absolutely shocking (non existant even) and there was at least 1 more professional foul in the first half that should have seen a knights try or a manly sin binning. manly were CONSISTANTLY allowed to hold down in the tackle for incredibly long periods of time.. smart to counteract the knights attack.. but there were a lot of times it should have been pulled up and it wasn't.

as for the buderus tackle - it sure looked nasty didnt it? and it was. 6 weeks, done and done. kennedy came in over the top and actually jumped ON TOP OF his potentially injured teammate. pathetic.. inconsiderate.. unprofessional. i think kennedy is an amazing player and respect his ability immensely.. however since the fall he took in origin a few years ago that respect has slowly but surely been diminishing.

king wally? i respect him for the time he spent on the field.. much like the respect i have for johns now.. however if they weren't really good at footy, they wouldnt have much going for em.

if you had removed your heads from your arses long enough to watch friday nights game of footy properly.. you would have seen a sensational competition between 2 teams let down by a sh!thouse refereeing performance. did the referee sway the match in favour of one team or another? i really don't think so... but something really needs to be done about the refs.. and the rules in our great game.

willvillain

Juniors
JJ said:
:lol: if Manly did get the rough end of the referee's whistle (not sure I agree) - then most of us can just back and wonder about whether karma really does exist...

I mean, f**k Manly, seriously - the scum of league :D

Careful JJ, you do realise that by taking this stance you are actually AGREEING with El Diablo (him being a Parra fan and all).

Go back to the Cricket forums!

JJ

Immortal
willvillain said:
Careful JJ, you do realise that by taking this stance you are actually AGREEING with El Diablo (him being a Parra fan and all).

Go back to the Cricket forums!

oh dear... well, even El D is right occasionally

willvillain

Juniors
JJ said:
oh dear... well, even El D is right occasionally

Don't be alarmed if you see this quote pop up every now and again when the Ashes are on....

Back to the footy though...Manly wuz robbed!

Latest posts