What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingston's offer to pay to play

yy_cheng

Coach
I just hope that something can be worked out to keep Kinga here.

But Why?

Look, I am impressed with Kinga too but next year we are chockas.

13. Feleti
12. Shack/Smith
11. Hindy
10. Poore
9. MKeating
8. Caylo

15. Mannah
16. Fui
17. Smith/Shack

14. KK or Humble or Mitchell

If Robbo is signed.

I would rather spend the money on a 2nd rower or prop.

mickdo

Coach
Never labelled anyone the anti-Christ, either.

Never said you did

on the back of half a decent season

HJ, you only do yourself a disservice by writing rubbish comments like that

And to suggest he did this and took less to stay with us is laughable. Word is $500k/season, which is what the Roosters were offering him. Is anyone seriously saying there were offers above this?

You really think there were no other offers HJ? :lol:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
But Why?

Look, I am impressed with Kinga too but next year we are chockas.

13. Feleti
12. Shack/Smith
11. Hindy
10. Poore
9. MKeating
8. Caylo

15. Mannah
16. Fui
17. Smith/Shack

14. KK or Humble or Mitchell

If Robbo is signed.

I would rather spend the money on a 2nd rower or prop.

yy, it appears you are missing the point..... its the spirit of the players... the bonds.... that are of great value than $$$$$$ without spirit/consciousness embodied. With these bonds in war, we (MAN) won impossible battles against impossible odds. In times of disaster, men and women have come together to help each other in ways that they ordinarily would never do. And a football team..... look what Parramatta have achieved; from a disorganised rabble to an almost unbeatable, exciting to watch, highly skilled team, doing what everyone thought was impossible. Money has nothing to do with it. All that is needed is the intention of MAN to create miracles and miracles are created.

If anything money (commerce) is a handicap of the worst kind imaginable. Across the ages communities (tribes/villages) of MAN lived for thousands of years "without money", then commerce came along and look at what has become of MANS communitites today????? Communities today compared to communities of old are like a Big Mac compared to a fruit salad made from organic fresh fruit picked from the community orchard.

eels bloke

Juniors
yy, it appears you are missing the point..... its the spirit of the players... the bonds.... that are of great value than $$$$$$ without spirit/consciousness embodied. With these bonds in war, we (MAN) won impossible battles against impossible odds. In times of disaster, men and women have come together to help each other in ways that they ordinarily would never do. And a football team..... look what Parramatta have achieved; from a disorganised rabble to an almost unbeatable, exciting to watch, highly skilled team, doing what everyone thought was impossible. Money has nothing to do with it. All that is needed is the intention of MAN to create miracles and miracles are created.

If anything money (commerce) is a handicap of the worst kind imaginable. Across the ages communities (tribes/villages) of MAN lived for thousands of years "without money", then commerce came along and look at what has become of MANS communitites today????? Communities today compared to communities of old are like a Big Mac compared to a fruit salad made from organic fresh fruit picked from the community orchard.

Valid comments Casper The Ghost, enjoy reading your stuff, thought-provoking.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I never said anything about sacking players. Never labelled anyone the anti-Christ, either.

But it's happened twice now - on the back of half a decent season, HaHa is expecting a payrise. The first time this happened, we were repaid with almost jack squat and it is now costing us. More to the point, it is costing the likes of Lowrie, Robson and Kingston - who absolutely love this Club and do not want to go anywhere.

Doesn't it seem fair that when you expect a payrise and give back little, that when the next time comes around you accept that and make amends?

And to suggest he did this and took less to stay with us is laughable. Word is $500k/season, which is what the Roosters were offering him. Is anyone seriously saying there were offers above this?

The problem with your comments on Hayne is that they are always spun out of context and distorted to the max.

You do whatever you can because you perceive that Hayne has an "I don't care" attitude towards the game.
Unfortunately this is your misconception.

Hayne has a "flat" demeanour, and shows little facial expression - that's just the way it is with him. That's the way it has always been.

So you when the team is losing, and Hayne isn't in absolutely scintillating form, you say "he stole money from the club, I hate him and he's a non-caring whinger"

But I think there's a few things you're clearly missing:
(1) Hayne's form in Origin has always been stand-out. Even the dreaded "dumb pass" game - he was outstanding in that game.
(2) Hayne's "form slump" in 2008 was mainly due to a 'brilliant' decision to play the guy in the centres - a position he's never played in. And this despite the fact that he tore it up at fullback in 2007. When interviewed, and asked if fullback was his favourite position, he answered 'yes - but whatever is best for the team'. Somehow you interpret that as him being selfish...
(3) In 2009 his 'form slump' comes from him being asked to play 5/8, then centre and finally being given the fullback spot.
(4) Every season, pretty much every game at every level that he has been picked on the wing he has been very strong. Every season, pretty much every game that he has been picked at fullback he has been outstanding.

I don't know where you're coming from - and I have NO CLUE how the best player in the world accepting a $450k/ year deal to stay with us in 2011 has ANYTHING to do with there not being enough money for Kingston in 2010?

I thought you couldn't get more ridiculous on the issue - I thought you'd seen a least a tiny amount of sense? But noooo - your petty dislike continues - you're welcome to it, but I'm putting the signature back on....

Daneel

Bench
this article should be pinned up in the dressing room this sunday. If that sought of thing can't inspire a team i don't know what can.

I finished reading this article with a tear in my eye and come sunday win or lose , a good performance from Kinga or a poor one, a match winning try to him or a poor pass that cost us the match, I shall stand up and salute Kevin Kingston.

And as for those wanting to know what Jarryd thinks about Grothe offering to take a pay cut, maybe to sign with the eels is taking a pay cut. There are bound to be organisations out there that will pay more than what the eels may have to.

You do whatever you can because you perceive that Hayne has an "I don't care" attitude towards the game.
Unfortunately this is your misconception.

Hayne has a "flat" demeanour, and shows little facial expression - that's just the way it is with him. That's the way it has always been.

What the hell?

Um, I don't know what to say to this except that you're way off the mark.

Look, I dig all your points of view. I'm just saying that one of the major reasons we're up sh*t creek next year is because of Cayless' backended contract and this came into being becausew the likes of HaHa and Inu wanted upgrades and have since delivered pretty much sh*t all.

We can't re-sign blokes who deserve it because players wanted money they then did not earn.

It sucks, doesn't it?

Would be nice if players were able to realise this and make amends and that we then did not have to sacrifice players who don't deserve it.

(I mean, Kinga has to be unemployed next year simply so he can avoid a year during which 2009 match payments would be included in the cap. How much does that suck?)

Hellsy

Immortal
What a lovely story, shows Eric loves more than just his music hey.... :D

I'd luv Kinga to stay for at least another year. :pray:

fish eel

Immortal
when was Matt Keating's contract extended? Or Anthony Mitchell wrapped up? If either one was this year, clearly it's been done in preference to keeping Kingston. Circumstances have changed and hindsight can be a wonderful thing.

Point is, Hayne isnt the only bloke who has had a contract extended, the result of which may mean we can't keep Kingston - but he is the one some people look to single out.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Over $500k?

No, I don't.

Do you have anything but a guess to suggest otherwise?

If cutie can get 1mil a year playing afl, gasnier/sbw/Gower/wing and the like getting overs for playing domestic union. Hayne could have easily earn considerably more had he put himself on the open market.

To suggest he couldnt earn over 500k is laughable

Latest posts