What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kirosome retires.....

forward pass

Coach
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-pa...rl-at-26/26c57356-6f89-4bfb-b82c-270c38f98ae2

Parramatta centre Kirisome Auva'a has today retired from football - at just 26 years of age.

A nagging back injury has resulted in Auva’a’s premature retirement from the game and the shattered Samoan international told teammates of his decision this morning.

"My back has been bad for several years and even after surgery a couple of years ago, I’ve had problem after problem," Auva'a told Wide World of Sports.

"I’m thinking about quality of life after football and it’s a tough call but I believe it to be the right one.

"I’ve only managed a handful of games this season and it has been tough."

Auva'a made front page news in 2014 when he plead guilty to a domestic assault on his ex-girlfriend.

A judge put him on a two-year good behaviour bond and the NRL suspended him for nine months.

But Auva’a is a changed man.

Gronk

Staff member
He was opposing today.

192a6246.jpg

T-Boon

Coach
I never liked him as a player but I hope he lands on his feet in the real world.

oldmancraigy

Coach
At least we don't have to hear Hadley (when he calls an Eels game) butchering the poor blokes surname ever again. "avavava"

Off topic, but in those instances we will sadly still have to hear him butcher everything else about the game....

Last Week

Bench
He was great for us. I think he was unlucky not to start more games than he did.

Other than Hayne, I think he could break the line more successfully than any of our other outside backs this year.

T.S Quint

Coach
He was ok for us, scoring some good tries and always made good metres coming out of our own end. Had plenty of problems in defence, but then who doesn’t in our team.

Oh also, he’s a f**king scumbag. That is all.

Latest posts