What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi bragging rights thread

Once again we have proved that we're the greatest Rugby League nation on earth. To all of you haters who were flapping your gums about us being fluke artists, jam that one up your asses.

We're the champions, and you've got to catch up to US.

Oh how sweet it is.

International Footy > Origin...forever.

Slammin

Juniors
Miami+Dolphins+v+New+Orleans+Saints+L6YPlG4VQbpl.jpg

Picture of the kiwis final play for anyone who missed it

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The better team won. End of story. I see no reason why New Zealand won't continue to get stronger and stronger into the future too. Depth has always been the Kiwis main issue for mine. So to win the tournament without Rapira, Foran, Vatuvei, Matai and Ropati (just off the top of my head) speaks volumes about where NZ are at right now. As a fan of the international game I support the contest rather than a team, so I was really happy to see NZ win tonight. Well may you gloat.

Coastbloke

Bench
I agree with SSTID...

I'm a fan of the International game as well and one day the Kiwis will win with no Australian players like Fien and Nightingale..

For mine, the Kiwis could have still won with this spine:

1. Hohiah
6. Marshall/Leulia
7. Leulia/Marshall
9. Luke

No true blue Aussies like Fien or Nightingale were needed..

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Best Rugby League nation in the world. Get that up ya!!!! After all the sh*t I've read in here man does it feel good!!!

E.T.D

Juniors
Until the next time Australia beat New Zealand with a trophy at stake, you are free to call the Australian rugby league team the Labradors instead of the Kangaroos.

Pretty hard to argue with the fact that the Kiwis are now the best...they win the ones that matter.

As an aside...can anyone explain why Isaac Luke was replaced in the second half with the game in the balance???

Nightingale is pretty Kiwi isn't he? It's blokes like Pritchard and even Harrison who are more dubious.

Nightingale was born in Aus but spent a bit of time in NZ as a young kid I seem to remember...

Harrison is Maori, born in NZ and is the grandson of former national team selector Joe Gwynne. I know he has spent basically his entire life in Australia but I think that he still has a decent claim to representing NZ.

yakstorm

First Grade
Both teams had poor referee decisions go in their favour, but as they say to anyone who ever plays the game, you have to play the best you can to the referee's decisions at the time.

Kiwis did that, Australia, whilst they only made a few mistakes all game, still made those mistakes, and thus full credit deserves to go to New Zealand for securing the win and the trophy.

Honestly from my opinion, tonight's result just goes to show why mid-year Tests need to be removed. NZ has now won the 05 Tri-Nations, gone to golden point in 06, won the 08 World Cup and 10 Four Nations, but because of the mid-year tests, their record against Australia looks pretty average....

ANTiLAG

First Grade
1 - Nightingale would not even make the Kiwi team if Taniela and Vatuvei were fit.
2 - seriously after K Hunt can Aus really criticise? o_O

Look - I think what was really good for international league was the fight Australia showed. It was a close game for 79 minutes. New Zealand, despite being four nations champs and world champs do need to look back over the shoulder because Australia is improving. They have some good players comming through like Carney and Shillington.

I mean whilst its true NZ are the multiple champions; if we are to continue beating Aussie we may actually need a halfback or fullback one day. We may actually have to start selecting full strength packs without Harrison and Mannering. Tonight should be a wake up call to stop underestimating Australia.

I think we should continue investing time into rugby league comeptitions involving Australia; and continue to send more players there; to help the game improve in Australia and thus improve their national team. If we can make their origin series stronger - it bodes well for the international game. We owe it to them, really. Here, have Ben Te'o.

Big Pete

Referee
Congrats Kiwi supporters, at the end of the day you just out-classed us where it mattered.

Enjoy the victory!

Coastbloke

Bench
Fair enough perhaps to Nightingale, but NOONE can deny Fien should NOT be there..

I don't want to take it away from Kiwis, but I hate Fien in the Kiwis team just as I HATED cutie in the Australian team...

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Nightingale is part maori, has lived in NZ and has NZ parents!

Anyway who cares because he plays for the best Rugby League nation in the world and played great. So stoked right now.