What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi bragging rights thread

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Nightingale is part maori, has lived in NZ and has NZ parents!

Anyway who cares because he plays for the best Rugby League nation in the world and played great. So stoked right now.

I gotta admit - 05 was the sweetest and 08 was sweeter than tonight.

Now I just kinda expect the Kiwis to win.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Fair enough perhaps to Nightingale, but NOONE can deny Fien should NOT be there..

I don't want to take it away from Kiwis, but I hate Fien in the Kiwis team just as I HATED cutie in the Australian team...

Yeah Fien's selection bugs me, him and Brent Webb are the two that I haven't agreed wit recently. But I also reckon that we could've won that without Fien.

yakstorm

First Grade
1 - Nightingale would not even make the Kiwi team if Taniela and Vatuvei were fit.

Really? Nightingale in my opinion is one of the best wingers in the NRL... he was a key reason to the Dragons winning the NRL Grand Final, and even making the GF after his performance in the Preliminary Final.

He is mister consistent for the Kiwis, and has an uncanny ability to find the try line, or at least send someone else on their way.

Vatuvei is a great player, but I would always pick Nightingale as my first choice winger for the Kiwis... tonight he only proved that even more in my opinion...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Vatuvei is a great player, but I would always pick Nightingale as my first choice winger for the Kiwis... tonight he only proved that even more in my opinion...

Totally different players IMO, would rather have one on each wing. Nightingale has the attributes you mention, but the Beast is peerless when it comes to kick return/first tackle hit ups and scoring tries through brute strength when nothing's on.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
1 Webb
2 Taniela
3 Sau
4 Kenny Dowell
5 Vatuvei
6 Marshal
7 Foran
8 Fui
9 Luke
17 Fein

Nightingale has had a great 6 weeks.

But whats he got? Terrifying pace? No.
An amazing side step? No.
Ability to bust tackles? No.
Willie Carne/Folau/Vatuvei bombs? No.

His recent form is good - but I do not think he has any attribute that will make him a standout.

Next year or the year after - he'll be competing for his Dragons place again. He's just dependable. And unlike Meli and Fafilli - knows where a wiong should be positioned. But so does Taniella.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
Nightingdale sh*ts all over Talenoa. Talenoa will be lucky to be playing first grade next year.

hellteam

First Grade
Ahh sorry my mistake, I misread AntiLag's post and thought he meant Talenoa instead of Taniela

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I think as Benji once said -

Beau knows Jim Beam cup when Taniela comes back...

How quickly you have all forgotten - very short memories -2009 DALLY M WINGER - Big League Team of the year.

To even compare Nightingale with Taniela's strike power :eek:

Oh take off the blinkers and get real...

The 18th Man

Juniors
I guess they didn't need that Manu fella? ;-)

All jokes aside, congrats to the New Zealand team and their loyal fans. Once again you won when it mattered and are deserving Four Nation title holders. Enjoy it! A great win NZRL, a great win for International Rugby League as well in my opinion.

NZ will to it that Australia go through a bit of a changing of the guard for 2011.

The Kiwis are on top of the rugby league world!

rnb11

Juniors
Well done to the Kiwis for making the most of Australia's injuries. 5 of the world's best players unavailable for Australia while 2 of the series' best get injured halfway through the game. They will never get this same opportunity again so congrats on them for making the international game seem a bit more respectable for one final year before Australia begin their phase 2 of dominance.

And if I was a NZ fan I wouldn't be too proud knowing the 3 trophies they've won have been when Australia are at their weakest. You see what happens when the Kangaroos have their stars fit, its complete Kiwi floggings each and every time. And while NZ win the odd lucky game or two every now & then, Australia are still ranked #1 in the world which means they're still the world's best team. 1 or 2 wins over the last decade doesnt erase the thrashings Australia have been serving them for the last 50 years.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
05 tri nations? 08 world cup? Face it we're the best international side in the world. We're even closing in the gap in those ridiculous one off anzac tests and can see us winning one on home soil next year. Fact of the matter is over a series we are the better side. 05 we win, 06 you beat us in golden point, 07 didn't play each other but we were terrible, 08 we win the world cup, 09 we draw but you win tourney and 10 we win. So 3-1 really. But you can keep winning one off mid year tests and claiming that you are the far superior side if you want.......we'll keep on taking the important series's.

Last edited:

dimitri

First Grade
cant believe people are talking about nz players who spent a bit of time in aus

tuquri
civonicieva
thaiday
k.hunt (i know he wasnt palying today)

the list goes on.........................