What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi squad named

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Anderson Names Kiwis Squad
05/10/2004 01:19 PM NewstalkZB

The Kiwis team for the first Tri-Series rugby league test against the Kangaroos at North Harbour Stadium next weekend has been named.

Coach Daniel Anderson has picked a 17 strong squad.

In the backs, Brent Webb is fullback, Francis Meli and Matt Utai are the wings, Nigel Vagana and Paul Whatuira are the centres, Vince Anderson is the surprise five eighth with Thomas Leuluai the halfback.

In the forwards, the starting props are Jason Cayless and Ruben Wiki with young Warrior Louis Anderson the hooker.

Penrith pair Tony Puletua and Joe Galuvao make up the second row with Sonny Bill Williams at loose forward.

The interchange bench is: Motu Tony, Nathan Cayless, Roy Asotasi and David Kidwell.

There are three new caps in the squad, Webb, Anderson and Asotasi

All I can say is what the f**k is with the halves, you've gotta be shitting me!!! Come here Kiwi selectas so I can upper cut all of you :x

Kiwi

First Grade
All I can say is what the f**k is with the halves, you've gotta be sh*tting me!!! Come here Kiwi selectas so I can upper cut all of you

Not much to choose from when you look at it. NZ has good depth everywhere but the halves. In the halves without Jones we have got nothing. Hohia would have been our best option, thats how bad it is.

Special K

Coach
Tony would come on and be 5/8 you'd think. I would of liked to of seen Lolesi over
Whatuira

Strong pack.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Why the hell did he pick Vinnie Anderson at 5/8 though!!!! That move goes beyond logic. The guys not even a great centre, he should be in the back row, but he shouldn't even make the kiwis there either.

PB

Bench
What about Rene Maitua? is he a kiwi? If he is surely he should have been the 5/8th?

T

Juniors
i thought a 25 man squad was to be named :?: who are the other 8 players :|

Davester

Juniors
1.Webb
2.Mel
3.Vagana
4.Whatuira
5.Utai
6.Anderson
7.Leuluai
8.Cayless
9.Anderson
10.Wiki
11.Puletua
12.Galuvao
13.Williams

14.Tony
15.Cayless
16.Asotasi
17.Kidwell

So that's how it looks so far. Fair enough.

aids

Bench
no hunt?
:D

the backs look good, the forwards look good.

the halves...eh...
i guess they were hoping benji marhsall would fit to play.

i recon asotasi and kidwell will tear em* up!

*poms.