What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi Team for Game 2

Misanthrope

Staff member
A damn fine looking side. A little surprised Webster retained his spot when Vainikolo must surely have been available. Tony, Peleaeasina, and Puletua definitely deserve their appearances - all of them were very good for New Zealand A.

Should be an interesting game.

Who is pulling out of the tour prior to its English leg?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Manu "i cant catch" Vatuvei retains his spot
wat a joke
selectors are racist
not 1 white player in the side

Thats been happening for a while and they still win matches. Years ago NZL were lucky to have a Maori in their team, now look at the team. You're just suggesting it because your mate missed out.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Covell playing would be a joke. He wasn't that good for NZ A, what would justify his selection for NZ?

Harko

Juniors
Remember when the Warriors made that charge to the gf a few years ago? Tony was coming off the bench at hooker and went awesome.

Iafeta

Referee
Yep, especially against Canterbury. Played one of the most sensational impact roles I've ever seen.

Was unbelievable. Carved it up from hooker.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i reckon... but who would they drop for him??? vatuvei??? no i dont think so, and webster had a solid game, although in GB i think he will go

aussies1st

Staff member
Vatuvei has potential which we saw. He has the size to be like Sailor. He can cause a lot more damage if he was able to get the ball in space.

screeny

Bench
Solomona starting is a micrcosm of the impact McClennan believes he can have on the Kiwi players. Solomona epitomises the careless offload glitch that curses NZ internationals.

McClennan reckons he's able to produce a less profligate Kiwi side. On the evidence of game one he knows what he's talking about, but with Solomona in the starting line up the demons will be over his shoulder begging him to offload whenever and wherever he can. Will he be able to control those demons?

Other than that, a bloody good side. Pritchard didn't do too much so swapping him shows McClennan's a form coach and will no doubt earn the respect of his players more by this decision.

Big Pete

Referee
Motu Tony is awesome out of dummy half...and this is from someone who only saw him play at the Broncos.

I'm a little concerned with how many minutes we'll get out of the bench. Two impact props, a guy recently back from injury, and Faiumu will likely mean they'll be needing a lot of minutes out of the starting pack. Otherwise it's not a bad team, but I'm a bit disappointed that Wairangi Koopu hasn't gotten a run in either match.

Mal Meninga

Bench
This will rub alot of Kiwis the wrong way back home. New Zealand will now almost definately have their eyes glued to the NPC final, I might join them after robbing a talent like Covell the opportunity to represent his country, while the likes of Thorn and Carrol have given the NZRL selectors the big up yours.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Mal Meninga said:
This will rub alot of Kiwis the wrong way back home. New Zealand will now almost definately have their eyes glued to the NPC final, I might join them after robbing a talent like Covell the opportunity to represent his country, while the likes of Thorn and Carrol have given the NZRL selectors the big up yours.

Lol, 99% of Kiwis don't have a clue who Luke Covell is, not do they care.

ali

Bench
On Vainikolo, I think McClennan had no intention of flying anyone over from England for this game, but his hand was forced with the injury to Toopi. Hape was the obvious replacement. Webster played a decent game, and I guess Brian thinks he can do a better job than a jet lagged big Les, who would only have about 3 days preperation.

24 hours on a plane can take a lot out of you. And just think, after Fridays game they have to turn around and fly straight to England. Hape is going to be buggered.

Kris_man

Bench
A five-eighth on the bench is stupid imo. Craig Wing is still the by far best bench player in the comp, and despite his team going relatively sh*te this year, still would have been awesome for Australia like he was last Tri-Nations, and like he was for the Blues in the Origin.

Kris_man said:
A five-eighth on the bench is stupid imo. Craig Wing is still the by far best bench player in the comp, and despite his team going relatively sh*te this year, still would have been awesome for Australia like he was last Tri-Nations, and like he was for the Blues in the Origin.

wrong thread!

Mal Meninga said:
haha
league test friday night
npc final saturday night.