What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi Team/squad

1. Locke
2. Nightingale
3. SKD
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Rapira
9. Fein
10. Moimoi
11. Blair
12. Mannering
13. Smith

14. Luke
15. Pritchard
16. Matulino
17. Manu

18. Glenn
19. Beale
20. Perret
21. Tamou
22. Packer
23. JWH
24. Proctor

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Glenn, Beale, Duffie, Manu, Bromwich, Proctor and Blair will be added to the Train on Squad tomorrow.

Is McGuire going to play for NZ too?

joseph1

Juniors
I think the squad I had in mind now needs a rethink. This would be my 20 to take away.
1) Locke
2) Nightingale
3) Glenn
4) Matai
5) Vatuvei
6) Marshall
7) Foran
8) Moimoi
9) Luke
10) Matulino
11) Taylor
12) Mannering
13) Smith

14) Johnson
15) Blair
16) Rapira
17) Proctor

18) Inu
19) Heremaia
20) Packer

A much different looking squad. Johnson for impact, Foran shifts to a floating lock type role. Looking for big minutes from those three second rowers. Taylor is up to it now, get him in there. Adds such agility and speed to a teams D.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Please Johnson for impact.
getting ahead of urself there.

he was a passenger for most of the game.
hardly ever took the line on.

Rangi Chase still ahead of johnson and fien.
I even think heremaia now goes ahead of them also

Looking forward to seeing Bromwhich & Tamou in the black and white jersey.
Sika Manu looked dangerous last night also.

Last edited:

Didgi

I've long been a critic of Simon Mannering, but over the last few weeks I've been proven well and truly wrong. As a staunch supporter of The Lewis Brown Appreciation Society, I don't think he should be dropped either. The options in the forwards are just overwhelming and a great position to be in.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I think it is almost certain the backrow will be Blair, Mannering and Smith.

Sika Manu will be on the bench.

Front Row spots are definitely up for grabs.

Izz

Bench
Please Johnson for impact.
getting ahead of urself there.

he was a passenger for most of the game.
hardly ever took the line on.
i agree that no 14 isn't the right role for Johnson, and i personally wouldn't have in my starting 17 yet, but you must've been watching a different game from me last night if you thought he was mostly a passenger.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
i agree that no 14 isn't the right role for Johnson, and i personally wouldn't have in my starting 17 yet, but you must've been watching a different game from me last night if you thought he was mostly a passenger.

Agree on all counts.

I'd definitely have him in my touring side, though. We all know Johnson is a future Kiwi, and quite likely a great one as well. Take him on tour, play him against Wales (they are the 4th side aren't they?), get him in the environment, he'll be a better player as a result.

hitman82

Bench
Agree on all counts.

I'd definitely have him in my touring side, though. We all know Johnson is a future Kiwi, and quite likely a great one as well. Take him on tour, play him against Wales (they are the 4th side aren't they?), get him in the environment, he'll be a better player as a result.

Yeah I've been suggesting this for weeks. Seems the obvious chance to give our future Kiwis halfback exposure to the big time. Johnson seems to get better with every opportunity, so international experience would be invaluable for the guy.

TBH - and not saying Benji or Foran shouldn't be the Kiwis halves as they most definitely should and will be - I think Johnson could command the Kiwis right now and lead them to Four Nations triumph. He's that good.

Izz

Bench
Agree on all counts.

Yep.
TBH - and not saying Benji or Foran shouldn't be the Kiwis halves as they most definitely should and will be - I think Johnson could command the Kiwis right now and lead them to Four Nations triumph. He's that good.
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. At least until after the grand final ;-)

I think it is almost certain the backrow will be Blair, Mannering and Smith.

Sika Manu will be on the bench.

Front Row spots are definitely up for grabs.

Blair could also play prop to include Glenn or Pritchard in the mix. A lot ov possible permutations in the forwards.

As for Johnson, no need to rush him in when we have quality halves their already IMO. Give him at least another year. I see him as Benji's successor. Johnson + Foran = perfect halves combination for the future.

I still think Inu should be included in the centres :D But it's probably right saying that he will be over-looked seen as he was over-looked for the ANZAC test when he was in spectacular form.

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
1. Locke
2. Nightingale
3. Beale
4. Matai
5. Vatuvei
6. Marshall
7. Foran
8. Moi Moi
9. Fien
10. Blair