What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi Team

Murphdogg1

Juniors
My only thinking is that Puletua hasnt played for a long time

Koopu would have been very handy. As would Feka off the bench

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I can't believe Koopu hasn't made it but Kidwell and Anderson have.

I also can't believe Rauhihi is starting, but Asotasi is off the bench and Feka not even in the squad. We need to do something special to beat the Aussies, not just pick a bunch of plodders.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Yeh i agree Thierry Henry

Well what will probably happen is this lot will get flogged on Saturday(hope not!) and then Koopu Puletua and Tony will get the nod for the Auckland clash

would have been a lot easier if they just got picked for this game

ozbash

Referee
Webb
Webster
Whatuira
Toopi
Vatuvei
Vagana
Jones
Rauhihi
Hohaia
Wiki
Kidwell
Pritchard
Anderson

Fauimui
Asotasi
Solomona
Cayless

not bad, not bad. i,d have louie on the bench and koops starting but who would you leave out ?
the props are cool, rauhihi should be fit which was a worry.

i like the backs a lot.
the aussies have handed us this first game on a plate selecting wannabes like tahu,lockyer and gasnier.

its going to be a bloody good feeling cleaning them up at home in the first game.

I have to say I think Kidwell has really come on as a player over the last 12 months.

He does have that stupid streak....but thats coming out less and less and he is finding a good medium between being aggresive and not giving away penalties.

Still....all of that tallent sitting there and this is the side they come up with.

Bloody disgracefull.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Soliola should be in the centres ahead of Toopi. He's an awesome defender, strong runner and a Kwii International for the next 10 years. Can't believe they picked a bloke like Toopi ahead of him.

kiwi_man

Juniors
Soliola pulled out with injury and on another note on the news last night they were saying how vagana and stacey have been playing footy together since high school! and vagana at 5/8 is a good move i reckon, and watch for toopi to have a big game... i would not right this kiwi team off just yet... watch this space

aussies1st

Staff member
I haven't written them off. Any side with Jones in it is always going to be good. And these Kiwis play with that unpredictable flair.

Daza_06

Juniors
how many players from this New Zealand side do u think would be able to make it to the Australian side???

I say 0

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Anyone mentioning Motu Tony must bear in mind that no ESL players were even thought of for the first 2 tests, so theres hope that Toopi may go.

Im happy if Koopu isnt there, re-assures me that his fitness will be 100% come next season.

Feka? ahead of who Wiki?Rauhihi?Asotasi? Cayless?.....only one id change him would be Solomona. With Wiki and Cayless able to play 2nd row.

Toopi shouldnt be there, at all. I'd even have Ropati instead.

League_Freak you couldnt have been watchin Hohaia at hooker for the Warriors, one of our best until injury.

Yet you claim from our talented crop blah blah, did you bear in mind that no ESL players were considered, so no Hape, Vainikolo, Tony, Leuluai, Paul, Lautiti and V Anderson (and any others). Did you bear in mind the injuries? Marshall, SBW, Halatau, Meli, J Cayless, Utai, Lolesi and theres probably more. Also Faumuina

So lets see if we can make a team from it...

1. Lolesi
2. Utai
3. Hape
4. Halatau
5. Vainikolo
6. Marshall
7. Leuluai
8. J Cayless
9. Paul
10. Lautiti
11. V Anderson
12. Faumuina
13. SBW

14 Meli
15 ??
16 ??
17 ??

screeny

Bench
I don't watch Hohaia every week but when he played as a debutant in the 2002 Kiwi tour his defence was amazing. Both his technique, his positional play and the power he made contact - all outstanding.

His creativity and distribution from 5/8, well, that was less impressive.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Daza_06 said:
how many players from this New Zealand side do u think would be able to make it to the Australian side???

I say 0
Asotasi would make it for one. And there's a couple of others that are good enough, too. The question should be: how many from a full strength Kiwi team would make it? I reckon you'd have these for sure:

Marshall
Sonny Bill
Tony Puletua
Roy Asotasi

And there's blokes like Jason Cayless, Ali Laui'iti (on 2002 form he'd be a walk up start, but i dont watch enough ESL to know how's he's currently going) and Ruben Wiki who are more than worthy of making the Aussie team. And i'd prefer Paul Whatuira in my side over Brent tate any day. Also give Manu Vatuvei another year or two and he could become one of the best wingers in the world. Soliola will become one of the top centres, too. He's still only 18.

There's no doubt that the Kiwi's have alot of quality players, especially for the future. Its just a matter of getting them all on the park at the same time unfortunately. Andthey'd be even better if they didnt have turncoats, ie.K Hunt.

brooksy19

Bench
I hope the Kiwi's get up. Im tired of seeing bennett & the selectors picking the same old boys. Lets hope the kiwi's can pull of a "Ashes" type win. I doubt it though without SBW, Benji, Haleatau & the ESL mob.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Daza_06 said:

I say 0

I say 1

Paul Whatuira, better than Tate its that simple

colonel_123

Juniors
Tommy Smith said:
Soliola should be in the centres ahead of Toopi. He's an awesome defender, strong runner and a Kwii International for the next 10 years. Can't believe they picked a bloke like Toopi ahead of him.

Soliola was withdrawn because of injury.

He was inline to make his debut...

[My mistake, I missed the reply that had already been posted]