What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwi Team

ozbash

Referee
Daza_06 said:
how many players from this New Zealand side do u think would be able to make it to the Australian side???

I say 0

congratulations, you have won the inagural drongo of the month award.

i think you would find that most kiwis would not even entertain such a ridiculous notion...

but dont let me stop you, keep them coming. :D

btw, i believe they all would make the aussie squad, then you would have a kangaroo team that was tougher, faster, smarter and better looking than what you lot got dished up today :lol:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Daza_06 said:
how many players from this New Zealand side do u think would be able to make it to the Australian side???

I say 0

Nathan Cayless...Ruben Wiki

Dont forget Marshall and SBW may have made it.

morri (cWo)

First Grade
Southern Warrio said:
What like in the 2003 test match where he played @ 5/8th and was MOM

i thought toopi was MOM.

lets just hope he plays better than he did at fullback.

This would have been the side I picked for the first Test:

1. Brent Webb
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Paul Whatuira
4. Nigel Vagana
5. Motu Tony
6. Thomas Leuluai
7. Stacey Jones
8. Roy Asotasi
9. Tevita Latu
10. Nathan Cayless
11. David Kidwell
12. Frank Pritchard
Bronson Harrison

14. David Faiumu
Ruben Wiki
16. Tony Puletua
17. David Solomona

I think the side Ive picked is more mobile, would ask more questions in attack and has more players that will be around in 2008.

Its the beggining of the road to the 2008 World Cup Final. See everyones talking about this weekend...Im thinking about the longer term.

The guys from there I would replace with players that are currently injured are:
Nathan Cayless with Jason Cayless.

Thomas Leuluai with Benji Marshall.
Bronson Harrison to the bench for Sonny Bill Williams.
Tevita Latu for Dene Halatau.

The player I REALLY want out of the side is Brent Webb. I think Karmichael Hunt will eventually play for NZ when he realises he is only about the 8th best fullback avalible to QLD.

ozbash

Referee
I think Karmichael Hunt will eventually play for NZ when he realises he is only about the 8th best fullback avalible to QLD.

not when aunty wayne keeps telling him hes the best.

you,re welcome to him,,, and his hop.

Southern Warrio

Juniors
:roll:
nospam49™ said:

1. Brent Webb
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Paul Whatuira
4. Nigel Vagana
5. Motu Tony
6. Thomas Leuluai Can't see him playing with a broken leg
7. Stacey Jones
8. Roy Asotasi
9. Tevita Latu Right out of bartercard cup, having been behind Hohaia at hooker for most of the season
10. Nathan Cayless
11. David Kidwell
12. Frank Pritchard
Bronson Harrison I think we are past the days of picking players out of premier league, might be ready in a year or two.

14. David Faiumu
Ruben Wiki Now why would you do that?
16. Tony Puletua Needs some match fitness
17. David Solomona

I think the side Ive picked is more mobile, would ask more questions in attack and has more players that will be around in 2008.

Its the beggining of the road to the 2008 World Cup Final. See everyones talking about this weekend...Im thinking about the longer term.

The guys from there I would replace with players that are currently injured are:

The player I REALLY want out of the side is Brent Webb. I think Karmichael Hunt will eventually play for NZ when he realises he is only about the 8th best fullback avalible to QLD.
:)

ozbash said:
I think Karmichael Hunt will eventually play for NZ when he realises he is only about the 8th best fullback avalible to QLD.

not when aunty wayne keeps telling him hes the best.

you,re welcome to him,,, and his hop.
There are about three people in the world that want him to play for QLD and Australia.

Karmichael Hunt, Wayne Bennett and Hunts manager.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
nospam49™ said:

1. Brent Webb
2. Manu Vatuvei
3. Paul Whatuira
4. Nigel Vagana
5. Motu Tony
6. Thomas Leuluai
7. Stacey Jones
8. Roy Asotasi
9. Tevita Latu
10. Nathan Cayless
11. David Kidwell
12. Frank Pritchard
Bronson Harrison

14. David Faiumu
Ruben Wiki
16. Tony Puletua
17. David Solomona

Ok thanx now i can see where your coming from

i think its smart to think long term

however one of your main issues with the actual side is playing people out of position and then you go and put Motu Tony on the Wing and Harrison at lock whose weakness is defence

Personally if i was gunna pick a team for the future id pick youngsters but in position such as Webster on the wing or Tame Tupou

Tevita Latu? The guy got cut from the Warriors cos of bad form and will be lucky to be playing first grade this time next season. Hes not extremely young either, older than Hohaia

I dont care if Hohaia if a big five year old. He will NEVER be a Test hooker. NEVER EVER.

Tame Tupou is a faster version of Vainikolo. Looks great running down an open sideline....but the fact is under the high ball he is not all that good and in defense he takes longer to turn around them the QEII.

Webster...yeah, I wouldnt mind picking him either.

The reason I picked Tony is because as a roaving winger he could cause problems around the middle of the park.

With my side you have a good forward pack that can get through work. Off the bench you have alot of size, experience and impact. Imagine what an Aussie test player would think in the 20th minute when they have a fresh Tony Puletua running on the field. Sure he isnt 100% match fit, but even so he would cause problems.

Daza_06

Juniors
yeah if the New Zealand side had a full strength side they would be puttin one of the best NZ teams of all time with SBW, Marshall and all the others. Although i don't think anyone apart from Whatuira and maybe Asotasi would make it from the team they have just named to the Australian side.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
nospam49™ said:
I dont care if Hohaia if a big five year old. He will NEVER be a Test hooker. NEVER EVER.

Tame Tupou is a faster version of Vainikolo. Looks great running down an open sideline....but the fact is under the high ball he is not all that good and in defense he takes longer to turn around them the QEII.

Webster...yeah, I wouldnt mind picking him either.

The reason I picked Tony is because as a roaving winger he could cause problems around the middle of the park.

With my side you have a good forward pack that can get through work. Off the bench you have alot of size, experience and impact. Imagine what an Aussie test player would think in the 20th minute when they have a fresh Tony Puletua running on the field. Sure he isnt 100% match fit, but even so he would cause problems.

Fair enough

So what makes you think Latu is a test hooker. I mean Warrior fans have been labelling him promising for 3 years, hes never trully delivered. Hes got some potential but personally he doesnt stand out head and shoulders above Hohaia. What about Faiumu as an option?

I like Latu better as a defender then Hohaia. I also think he is better when a break is made to. The reality is though that NZ doesnt yet have a hooker that can step in and really get the job done. I think they just have to make do for the mean while....kind of like with their fullback.

Faiumu I like at the moment as a bench player. He just comes on and gets the job done. I'd keep him in that role.

See I would look to get to the 2008 World Cup and have all of these young players with a nice amount of experience and confidence at rep level.

I think at the very least you want some guys that with be fring Test players in 2008 to atleast6 be tested at rep level to see where they are at and if they can step up to the next level.

As far as Im concerned 2008 is all about NZ. I mean, the thought of Williams, Marshall, Hunt, Pritchard, Halatau, Asotasi, Whatuira and the like running out in the prime of their careers in the World Cup final.....it sends chills up my spin just thinking about it.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Yeh good comments

although i have more faith in Hohaia than you do i think he can be our answer at 9, time will tell although in the UK leg he will probably end up playing 7 tho wouldnt mind seein marcus perenara get some gametime off the bench....

fobsta

Juniors
Daza_06 said:

I say 0
What's your point? How many players from the winning Tigers premiership side made the Kiwis or Kangaroos side?
Champion team beats team of champions anyday of the week

Panthers_God

Juniors
How the hell did Clinton Toopi make the team? Wasnt everyone over in NZ bitching about how terrible he was playing and how great he was?

Also are there any players in the Super League that might play in later matches such as Logan Swann or Sione Fauimaina?

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Panthers_God said:
How the hell did Clinton Toopi make the team? Wasnt everyone over in NZ bitching about how terrible he was playing and how great he was?

Also are there any players in the Super League that might play in later matches such as Logan Swann or Sione Fauimaina?

Firstly, Benji Marshall is out which forced our main centre to move to 5/8th

also Iosia Soliola is out with injury so that forced Toopi to play, he may be bad but hes better than matai or carmont........

the other point, players such as Shontayne Hape, Lesley Vainakolo, Robbie Paul, Ali Lauatiiti and Henry Fa'afili should be available for the UK leg of this years Tri Nations

Murphdogg1

Juniors
fobsta said:
What's your point? How many players from the winning Tigers premiership side made the Kiwis or Kangaroos side?
Champion team beats team of champions anyday of the week

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The problem with this Kiwi team is Brent Webb and Clinton Toopi, the rest looks alright and I think it'll be tough. (hoping it'll be tough).

Murphdogg1

Juniors
Tough as in competative? yeh me too

and by the way cheers to you parra boys for letting us use your grounds for preperation for this test, appreciated.