What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KIWIS TEAM v Tonga

ozbash

Referee
Point 12 – For the future I would like to see a double header maybe Aussie v NZ with a full strength Samoa v Maori team as the curtain raisers.

agree, 1 out of 12 aint bad...

Drzoidberg

Juniors
First I didn’t say you said 'throw the game' I’m saying it’s not a nothing test.

Point 1 - It will do the Kiwis (who have not played for a month) a chance to dust off the cobwebs

Point 2 – New Zealand as World Champs have a duty to play such games against smaller playing nations

Point 3 – It gives people a chance to watch the Kiwis play, when most of the time big tests against Aussie and England would be played in the main centers Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch. People of Rotorua can go and watch some world class players.

Point 4 – We play full strength, so we aren’t like touring French rugby teams and fluffing about All black teams. The best Kiwis team will get bigger crowds.

Point 5 – Weakened line up just don’t help, there could be the small possibility of getting beaten. In 1995 the Kiwis beat Tonga by one point; they nearly lost because they took them lightly.

Point 6 – NZRL should have thought about a Kiwis ‘A’, Junior Kiwis or Maori team for development. I said it once I’ll say it again; you should never blood a heap of young players at the same time when there is no need too. Many of them will get their chance and some will even go on tour. The Kiwis don’t have to panic like they use to in bringing in new players because a lot of the players they have now are all still young Harrison, Marshall, Luke, Blair and Inu to name a few have many years in the Kiwis jersey.

Point 7 – Most current players are still inexperienced at international level, a lot of the established players have only played a half-a-dozen games. Many of them still have room for development.

Point 8 – Back in the day the Kiwis would play heaps of different nations, club sides in Aussie, England and France when on tour. Playing side like Tonga, Samoa, PNG, and France is all part of Rugby League. Now I would see your point if they were playing Japan, Italy or South Africa as they are all minor League playing nations.

Point 9 – How boring would it be if we just played Aussie and England, Aussie and England, Aussie and England. I’ve been to a few games when they have played Tonga and other smaller nations as a kid I didn’t care about the score or who the Kiwis played I was just happy to see my favorite players playing. ‘Someone think of the kids’

Point 10 – Your Ozbash….I’m not going to agree with you.

Point 11 – We play Tonga fir the same reason the Aussie Prime ministers 13 played PNG, for the same reason France is in the four nations. To make an effort, promoting and developing the game. I would rather see Tonga get smashed then to say ‘we will never play Tonga or any smaller nation AGAIN’.

Point 12 – For the future I would like to see a double header maybe Aussie v NZ with a full strength Samoa v Maori team as the curtain raisers.

Get off the crack man, your talking sh*t rev

Jamskee

Juniors
This, imo, is a perfect time to check out how a Ben Roberts/Benji Marshall Halves combo would be like.

Scottey

Juniors
Is Jeremy Smith injured?

1 - Kevin Locke
2 - Sam Perrett
3 - Krisnan Inu
4 - Junior Sau
5 - Bryson Goodwin
6 - Benji Marshall
7 - Ben Roberts
8 - Jeff Lima
9 - Nathan Fien
10 - Fui Fui Moi Moi
11 - Frank Pritchard
12 - Bronson Harrisson
13 - Jeremy Smith

14 - Lance Hohaia
15 - Adam Blair
16 - Greg Eastwood
17 - David Fa'alogo

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Would you like to back that statement up?

Why certainly.

Point 2 – New Zealand as World Champs have a duty to play such games against smaller playing nations.

Since when? what teams did Aussie play? and when? and what does that have to do with selecting a kiwi team? what point no point!

Point 3 – It gives people a chance to watch the Kiwis play, when most of the time big tests against Aussie and England would be played in the main centers Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch. People of Rotorua can go and watch some world class players..

They will definetly see the Kiwis play unless they cancel or change venue, once again what does that have to do with selecting a team? what point no point.

Point 4 – We play full strength, so we aren’t like touring French rugby teams and fluffing about All black teams. The best Kiwis team will get bigger crowds.

hmmm......why do we have to do things to not be like other teams in completly different sports? The best Kiwis team yes will get bigger crowds in the bigger centres, but not nessarily Rotorua when was the last time they had a professional league game played there?

Point 5 – Weakened line up just don’t help, there could be the small possibility of getting beaten. In 1995 the Kiwis beat Tonga by one point; they nearly lost because they took them lightly.

Huh? in sport there is always a possiblity of getting beaten. Selecting a team and taking them lightly are 2 completely different things. What point? no point

Point 8 – Back in the day the Kiwis would play heaps of different nations, club sides in Aussie, England and France when on tour. Playing side like Tonga, Samoa, PNG, and France is all part of Rugby League. Now I would see your point if they were playing Japan, Italy or South Africa as they are all minor League playing nations..

That mumbo-jumbo what the? What does that have to do with selecting a full strenght team? what point? no point

Point 9 – How boring would it be if we just played Aussie and England, Aussie and England, Aussie and England. I’ve been to a few games when they have played Tonga and other smaller nations as a kid I didn’t care about the score or who the Kiwis played I was just happy to see my favorite players playing. ‘Someone think of the kids’.

Look at answer to previous

Point 10 – Your Ozbash….I’m not going to agree with you..

I have to say good point

Point 11 – We play Tonga fir the same reason the Aussie Prime ministers
13 played PNG, for the same reason France is in the four nations. To make an effort, promoting and developing the game. I would rather see Tonga get smashed then to say ‘we will never play Tonga or any smaller nation AGAIN’.

Ok so playing this game with some fringe/young players wont be an effort, promoting and developing the game, Tonga is probably more than greatful just to get a game, wasnt to far back they and Samoa were wanting more internationals. I doubt they will have trouble making an effort, promoting and developing the game. So where the hell are these points?

Good suggestion! But sorry not a point and not anything to do with selecting a kiwi's team.

So is that enough backing of my statement?

Is Jeremy Smith injured?

1 - Kevin Locke
2 - Sam Perrett
3 - Krisnan Inu
4 - Junior Sau
5 - Bryson Goodwin
6 - Benji Marshall
7 - Ben Roberts
8 - Jeff Lima
9 - Nathan Fien
10 - Fui Fui Moi Moi
11 - Frank Pritchard
12 - Bronson Harrisson
13 - Jeremy Smith

14 - Lance Hohaia
15 - Adam Blair
16 - Greg Eastwood
17 - David Fa'alogo

I can almost guarantee that fui will be ruled out.

nadera78

Juniors
Are Roberts, Moi Moi and Tuiaki wearing red for the first half and black in the second?

Seriously though, I find it strange that people are including Goodwin when he came out and said he was only there because he knew Australia wouldn't pick him. Talk about committment.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Are Roberts, Moi Moi and Tuiaki wearing red for the first half and black in the second?

Seriously though, I find it strange that people are including Goodwin when he came out and said he was only there because he knew Australia wouldn't pick him. Talk about committment.

Yes Roberts the Samoan will be playing for Tonga and Tuiakis broken leg has miraculously healed in time for the tour, good 1 nadera haha

Goodwin on the other hand, dunno, that article didnt help!

Benjitheking

Juniors
1.Brent Webb
2.Sam Perrett
3.Krisnan Inu
4.Steve Matai
5.Bryson Goodwin
6.Benji Marshall
7.Thomas Leuluai
8.Jeff Lima
9.Isaac Luke
10.Adam Blair
11.Frank Pritchard
12.Bronson Harrison
13.Davif Fa'alogo
Interchange:
14.Lance Hohaia
15.Russel Packer
16.Sia Soiola
17.Greg Eastwood
18th:Eddy Pettybourne

nadera78

Juniors
Yes Roberts the Samoan will be playing for Tonga and Tuiakis broken leg has miraculously healed in time for the tour, good 1 nadera haha

Goodwin on the other hand, dunno, that article didnt help!

Actually Ben Roberts has played for Tonga as well as New Zealand and Samoa. Didn't know about Tuiaki's injury though.

Meth

Staff member
1- Perrett
2- Talanoa
3- Sau
4- Glenn
5- Goodwin
6- Foran
7- Roberts
8- Paul-Nuuaausala
9- Luke
10-Packer
11-Brown
12-Harrison
13-Fa'alogo

Res- Waerea-Hargreaves, Blair, Pettybourne, Fien

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Actually Ben Roberts has played for Tonga as well as New Zealand and Samoa. Didn't know about Tuiaki's injury though.

Really? source? Didnt know Samoans can turn out for Tonga :sarcasm: And you havent heard about Tuiaki, especially since he was leading try scorer when it happened, I think he was the form winger then to......

Drzoidberg

Juniors
1- Perrett
2- Talanoa
3- Sau
4- Glenn
5- Goodwin
6- Foran
7- Roberts
8- Paul-Nuuaausala
9- Luke
10-Packer