What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiwis v Gt Britain: Spoilers and match talk

nadera78

Juniors
We played in exactly the way most of us predicted; strong in the forwards, pace and impact off the bench, absolutley nothing from the halves. Said it all along, Sean Long is not an international scrum half, it's painful to see him continue to be selected. Carney and Gleeson looked like they'd only met 5 minutes before kick off and Senior lived down to pre-match expectations. Don't know what happened to Fielden 'cos he was barely on the pitch. OLoughlin was terrible, but then everyone bar Noble knew that was going to happen. Horne at 7 next week.

And I've got to say Paul Simpkins was absolutely terrible. The play the ball was a disgrace and he rally needs to learn the rules about being held in the tackle. I know in the NRL as soon as the defenders push the attacker backwards the ref calls held, but that is a local rule only. It is not in the official rules. A tackle is deemed to be complete when a players momentum has been halted in both directions (BOTH DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!!) If that is the best ref Australia has to offer then Ricky Stuart really needs to shut up.

WJ

Juniors
innsaneink said:
f**kin stupid poms...why in hell would you bring jerseys with no numbers???

because he had to change his shirt with the number on.

F*CKING stupid convicts.

WJ

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
I hate GB full stop. Always have, always will. But I would like them to be competitive at least! That was a embarrassing performance!

We lost by 4 points jerkweed, tht is competitive.

You convicts got beat 24-0 in last years tri nations. That's not competitive.

ocko

juniors
how long since you pommy failures have beaten us in a series?

thought tonight's game was a bit dull to be honest. aus vs gb will be interesting next week.

deluded pom?

Coach
nadera78 said:
We played in exactly the way most of us predicted; strong in the forwards, pace and impact off the bench, absolutley nothing from the halves. Said it all along, Sean Long is not an international scrum half, it's painful to see him continue to be selected. Carney and Gleeson looked like they'd only met 5 minutes before kick off and Senior lived down to pre-match expectations. Don't know what happened to Fielden 'cos he was barely on the pitch. OLoughlin was terrible, but then everyone bar Noble knew that was going to happen. Horne at 7 next week.

Then the world will see what a $hit kicking game Horne has . This is from a Hull supporter .

ouwet

Bench
While the game wasn't the best, it was a good hit out for GB! They will improve on that, you guys have to remember NZ and Australia have been matched hardened by the two games they played against each other while GB have only played an Amateur Newcastle team!
Wouldn't surprise me if they beat Australia next week, I got my tickets for the game :D Have You?:cool:

SaintJose

Juniors
I think Pryce has to play in the middle of the field. Playing him at 6 would allow him to run at defences and use his offload which was on show a couple of times today. Could be a way through a fierce Aussie defence

Kurt Angle

First Grade
WJ said:
We lost by 4 points jerkweed, tht is competitive.

You convicts got beat 24-0 in last years tri nations. That's not competitive.

:lol:

What an idiot.. what an absolute idiot.

What's happened to NZ in the 3 tests against Australia since then ?

:lol:

Care to tell us the result between Austraia and GB in the 2004 Tri-nations final?

Or every Australia vs GB test since then?

griff

Bench
GB are a much more talented team than NZ. The problem is they don't do the little things right.

They don't really even make an attempt to slow down the opposition play-the-ball.

And a bit better understanding between Gleeson and Carney and they would have scored about 6 tries down there.

innsaneink

Referee
Ive seen better skills and more competitive games in PL than I saw last night, knock ons galore , forward passes, passes to no one, passes over the touchline, pop n pray passes, kicks going backwards....and it was from both teams, was one of the worst games ive seen for some time. A fumbling bumbling advertisement for ineptitude.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Great to see J Bro get smashed a couple of times, that'll teach him for being so sh*t.

Also great to see a sign in the crowd, along the lines of "The Kiwis. No K.Hunts allowed". Great effort.

I think it was a good tussle last night. The Poms were really aiming up and will be much better for the hit out. It'll be very interesting to see what they bring against the Kangaroos.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Phil Gould has come out saying that the scoreboard flattered the pommies but i dont think it did, i think that last try actually scored the closeness in the match. Ut was 6-2 for a long time.

eels_fan_01

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Poms were crap, if Sean Long is their best no7, gosh help them!

Sean Long is sh*t but Pommies were not crap, you will see agaisnt Australia that they have something to offer in this tri nations.

lockyno1

Post Whore
eels_fan_01 said:
Sean Long is sh*t but Pommies were not crap, you will see agaisnt Australia that they have something to offer in this tri nations.

Poms struggled to score for 70 odd minutes against a NZ side that could not possibly have played much worse! I will be happy for them if they keep this weeks score reasonable, but I doubt it.

eels_fan_01

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Poms struggled to score for 70 odd minutes against a NZ side that could not possibly have played much worse! I will be happy for them if they keep this weeks score reasonable, but I doubt it.

They were unlucky not to score for 70 minutes thought, they had many impressive attacking displays but the last past let them down due to rust due to their first game of the series!

lockyno1

Post Whore
"Rust", LMAO! They just played a trial game last week and most of the side was playing together in the SL GF. That is no excuse!

Big Pete

Referee
Locky they played a bloody Newcastle D side, they arn't the same quality.

If they played a NZ A side I might of agreed but really rust can be given as a legitimate excuse here.

Latest posts