What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Klitschko clan vs Haye

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
After all that trash talking Haye fought scared. He dove to the ground like a little bitch every time he lunged forward and got in close with Wlad. Can't believe the ref actually docked a point for that but he did make up for it and give Wlad a knock down. I didn't respect Haye as a human being going into this fight and now I don't even respect him as a fighter. I gave him enough credit to at least have a shot but he turned it up. And to top it off nicely he showed the world his "broke" toe and offered it up as an excuse. I have never cashed an easy wager than that. Never in doubt :cool:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I reckon Haye will run all night, lose on points and then try and drum up some publicity that he was robbed. Which would mean another 50mil payday for a rematch, or whatever these guys are gonna get.
Good call. Well the brothers didn't get their knockout so I don't think this is finished. Haye can call out Vitali and offer up the injured toe as an excuse. Although I don't think Haye wants anything to do with him in the ring the pay day will be huge. Wonder if he will have a go next time?

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
The one excuse I will make for Haye is Adam Booth. Obviously Wlad was much better drilled. There didn't look to be much of a game plan out there from Haye.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/6733669/haye-talk-was-cheap-hands-idle

Dan Rafael Blog
Haye's talk was cheap, his hands idle
July, 2, 2011

Like the other nine guys who Wladimir Klitschko has defended the heavyweight title against, David Haye promised he would end the champion's reign.

In fact, the mouthy Haye talked and jabbered and howled and smack-talked for much of the past three years, promising to do all sorts of naughty things to Klitschko.

Promised to leave him twitching on the ring mat, the victim of a crushing knockout. Promised the most brutal execution ever.

Promised a lot of things.

Delivered nothing.

All that Haye -- one of the biggest heavyweight frauds of all time -- did was bark. Like a dog. Because he sure didn't fight much, as Klitschko -- as dominant as ever at age 35 -- picked him apart for the lopsided decision on Saturday in rainy Hamburg, Germany.

It was not a scintillating fight. Far from it. But Klitschko did what he usually does: outbox, outjab, outmuscle and outthink his opponent en route to total domination.

The only thing Klitschko didn't do was score the knockout -- only the second time in this, his second reign, that the opponent has heard the final bell.

Haye made it to the bell because he took none of the chances he promised he would. Instead, he fought scared.

As Klitschko said afterward, "I wish I could have knocked him out impressively. He was scared to fight me. I was expecting more of a challenge in the ring, more aggression. He was super-defensive, like all of them."

After all of the garbage and trash Haye talked, he never came close to backing it up. He said repeatedly that he would retire after the fight. It looked more to me like he retired during the first round, because he didn't really fight.

After the fight, I was thinking about what excuse Haye would come up with. I figured he'd say he had a hand injury. I was close: He claimed to have a broken toe on his right foot that didn't allow him to push off and land his so-called "Hayemaker" right hand.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Every fighter has injuries. Few come to the ring without bumps and bruises from a tough training camp. I'm sure Klitschko was also dinged up.

Tweet, tweet

Twitter Don't miss a moment of the latest boxing coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »

But given the way Haye has always handled himself, I am not surprised at all that he had an alibi at the ready, so much so that he came to his interview in the ring after the fight with HBO's legendary Larry Merchant with his sock already off so that the camera could get a good look at his allegedly injured digit.

It looked OK to me, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was injured. If so, take the loss like a man and shut up about it.

There is no Toe-gate here. Haye was simply outclassed by a supreme champion who still has not been challenged to any serious degree since 2005.

Against Haye, Klitschko won 118-108, 117-109 and 116-110. I also had it 118-108. And Haye, who continually flopped to the ground -- I lost track of how many times, frankly -- to buy a point deduction from referee Geno Rodriguez, complaining that Klitschko shoved him to the mat, finally got one in the seventh round. It was a bogus deduction, but Rodriguez fell for it.

But even Rodriguez realized he was being conned, so when Haye flopped again in the 11th round, the ref ruled it a knockdown. It's not like Klitschko needed the extra point. He was cruising.

He landed 134 of 509 punches (26 percent), according to CompuBox. Haye's output was downright pathetic: just 72 of an anemic 290 blows (26 percent).

You can't win if you don't throw. And Haye didn't throw.

I find that funny because, all along, Haye has called Klitschko a boring fighter. And yet on this night, the biggest of his career, Haye was the one who disgraced himself by making it boring, by running away, by not engaging, by not doing much of anything.

Well, except for making excuses about a hurt toe.

So it was Klitschko with another dominant win, a 10th title defense (one more than the prime Mike Tyson during his first run) and now a fourth sanctioning body title in the family. Klitschko and brother Vitali now own all four major belts.

Three for Wladimir and one for Vitali, with no serious challengers on the horizon. (I say that with all due respect to Tomasz Adamek, who I don't give much of a chance against Vitali on Sept. 17. But I know he will at least leave it all in the ring unlike Haye.)

Folks can say whatever they want about the Klitschko brothers, but they win and win and win. They dominate.

Some people want them out of boxing because they aren't the most exciting fighters. Fine. Go find somebody to beat them.

Lord knows, Haye sure talked like he would. Talked and talked and talked.

But his talk turned out not only to be cheap. It was worthless.

:lol:

certainly gives it to Haye

t10do

Juniors
very surprised it went the full way way. thought that if haye didn't land any big shots early, that he would be done by the 6th round or so. but credit to his conditioning, he managed to run for 12.............and hit the deck when he had nowhere to go.klitschko was just too big.

edabomb, i still think it says a lot about the division that someone like haye is the one to push the champ 12 rounds.i now i am beating the dead horse and just repeating what a lot of people are, but hell. its at the point where i too want adamek and the likes to give it a good go.

and speaking of a heavyweight title fight, but with all due respect, they should be left to the yanks (etc) to organize. what a shambles of an opening. my local kmart has better security than we yesterday.what was up with that?!?!also, i realize the germans have a different sense of humor but the whole intro was SO corny imo:lol:

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I don't give Adamek much of a shot but at least he will have a go.

I disagree and thought the Germans put on a great event.

I liked the opening and people complaining about security are being a little precious.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Boytsov might fight Wlad and given his aggressive style it could make for a great spectacle if he doesn't run.

jessien

Juniors
Klitschko did what he could, but it was his fight to lose anyway. If he'd played fast and loose it would have been more exciting but he'd also have put himself in far more danger of losing.

t10do

Juniors
Boytsov might fight Wlad and given his aggressive style it could make for a great spectacle if he doesn't run.

he would have to consider himself EXTREMELY lucky if given a chance.lots of hype around him at the moment, but he is more than a few fights away.they first have to throw him in with a top ten heavy and see how he goes.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
he would have to consider himself EXTREMELY lucky if given a chance.lots of hype around him at the moment, but he is more than a few fights away.they first have to throw him in with a top ten heavy and see how he goes.
Your not wrong I was looking to the future although what he does have going for him unlike most of the other contenders he hasn't already got knocked out by a Klitschko. Look at Wlad's latest opponents. That's pretty much the main contenders. Chagaev is the strongest contender but he's coming off a loss to Wlad. Boystov really only needs one win against a contender for validation. Aleksandr Povetkin is probably in line because he would have got a shot in 2008 if not for injury and remains undefeated. But if he can't beat Wlad, Boystov should be in a good position for a shot and the hype makes for a better build up.

t10do

Juniors
and the hype makes for a better build up.

yeah, ask mr david haye:D

it will be interesting to see how adamek goes too. i think it will more a spectacle of the state vitali is in.

in all honesty, yeah, povetkin should maybe be there or there-abouts. he has some "names" under his belt. i will admit that cancelling the chisora-klitschko fight was the "right" thing to do, but He also needs to fight a top heavyweight. mayb a chisora-povetkin or chisora-boytsov.reckon that could be a good scrap.

thomas10do

Juniors
I will be honest and say I was keen to see what Haye would bring......but before that.......................yep, been a while. Its more keeping an eye on the likes of Wilder/Boytsov.....who keep getting fed KO recipients.

Latest posts