What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Klitschko Vs Leapai

MrAnonymous

Bench
Would be amazing if he won.

But klitchsko will just jab the f**k out of him, probably knock him out in the 6th.

Hope for the miracle. What it would do for boxing in Australia would be huge.

byrner

Juniors
If he wins he should fight Sonny Bill to unify the titles lol.
Does Sonny still hold his world title?

And great work for him to get this shot.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Don't see him being able to get past the height and reach of Klitchko, he's giving away 15cm in height and 16 cm in reach, Klitchko will just work him from the outside with the jab

DeeJ

Bench
Good on him for getting the fight but Klitschoko is gonna wipe the floor with him.

kdalymc

Bench
Sonny bill does not have and will never own a world title...
Klitchko owns all 3 at the moment anyway, and the WBC is vacant as he brother retired.

Dr Gonzo

Juniors
I have tickets for this fight... 500 euro so fairly good seats, i am going to Europe for a wedding so thought i might as well go

Klit has only ever been beaten by smaller, stockier guys with one punch KO power - but since Brewster etc he has changed his style to keep guys at range with his sledge hammer right hand

If Leapai can get inside and connect once or twice he has a punchers chance, Wlad has a glass jaw and always will. Vitali cant be hurt but Wlad is very suspect. That chin hasnt been tested in almost a decade so its Alex's only chance to win. I predict a similar outcome to what Calvin Brock got... Leapai will keep Wlad on the back foot and cautious but Wlad will figure him out and pepper him with right hands. Leapai, unlike someone like Tua, can be hurt and is suseptable to rangy fighters with a big reach

Klit TKO mid rounds via accumulated right hands. Will be interesting if he lands a bomb on Wlad's jaw, because when Wlad gets hit he goes into panic mode and fights for survival. Since Emmanuel Stewart died i will be curious to see how he has changed.

Dr Gonzo

Juniors
If he wins he should fight Sonny Bill to unify the titles lol.
Does Sonny still hold his world title?

And great work for him to get this shot.

SBW never held a world title - national title yes, and also a regional title i believe

the only legit world titles are WBC, WBA and IBF... the WBO is technically but i consider it a bit of a paper title

None of them really mean much, the big guys like Floyd and Manny don't worry about them anymore. And each sanctioning body has so many domestic titles, super champions and regular champions that its become so diluted

Boxing needs to learn from UFC or its dead. One champ per division and the best guys all fight each other. Guys like Mundine wouldnt last because they cherry pick weak opponents.

shiznit

Coach
Lmfao at Briggs...

Leapai should have had his mate David Tua in his corner for that conference.

Briggs has been ducking Tua for over a decade.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
There's a much more interesting bout being televised in Oz on Sunday morning. Sydney's Lucas Browne faces Eric Bahoeli of Canada for the Commonwealth Heavyweight title. It's on Eurosport channel 511. Browne looking to become the first Aussie in 122 years to hold the belt.

ggmu

Juniors
How does Brown go? I haven't followed Aussie boxing(or most boxing) for years now.

royce10

Juniors
There's a much more interesting bout being televised in Oz on Sunday morning. Sydney's Lucas Browne faces Eric Bahoeli of Canada for the Commonwealth Heavyweight title. It's on Eurosport channel 511. Browne looking to become the first Aussie in 122 years to hold the belt.

The commonwealth heavyweight title? 122 years? WOW!