What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knackered spas....

chunk

Juniors
This came from another thread in the NRL forum.

Firstly what a terrible phrase to use.

I don't know any so called 'fan' could call two of our players who have given this club great service 'spastics' especially Skando.

You seem to be of the lowest possible demoninator that society could have.

Imagine having a beer with you, one can only begin to imagine what type of grub you are. I reckon you would have at least one of your front teeth missing and haven't showered for days.......

Wake up to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like how people can conjure up a physical impression of someone they've never met based on words on the internet.

Fantastic.

chunk

Juniors
Well if thats the case, why bring it up at all?

What gives you that idea?

Because the only thing you have referred to was my percieved description of the type of person who would write something like that.

So you condone what this person wrote about two players from the Wests Tigers and the term used?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because the only thing you have referred to was my percieved description of the type of person who would write something like that.
I responded to you making negative comments about someone making negative comments.

I was merely making a clear comment on how hypocritical you are.

So you condone what this person wrote about two players from the Wests Tigers and the term used?
How the f**k you come to this conclusion is mind boggling. I've not made any comment about that at all, yet you want to pigeon-hole me as some kind of supporter of some persons comments, purely because I had a dig at you over something unrelated to the comments in question.

Last edited:
Not that I am getting involved here:

But what Chunk is trying to say is that some people find the word "spastic" as offensive and derogatory as discrimination regarding, race, colour, sexuality or religion.

Chunk, I think you should remember that if you are going to criticise someone for being derogatory, perhaps you should not have been derogatory yourself towards Fast Eddie.

By all means criticise his words, but criticising the appearance of a man you do not know only lowers you to the standard of the personthat you are criticising.

I hope this makes sense and this is what MU meant also I would suggest.

Bubbles

Last edited:

chunk

Juniors
I responded to you making negative comments about someone making negative comments.

I was merely making a clear comment on how hypocritical you are.

How the f**k you come to this conclusion is mind boggling. I've not made any comment about that at all, yet you want to pigeon-hole me as some kind of supporter of some persons comments, purely because I had a dig at you over something unrelated to the comments in question.

Your right Bubbles and I take back that statement and I was hypocritical.

But can the moderator please tell us what he thinks of fasteddies original comments?

And I thought other people would like to comment on the fasteddies comments

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Not that I am getting involved here:

But what Chunk is trying to say is that some people find the word "spastic" as offensive and derogatory as discrimination regarding, race, colour, sexuality or religion.

Chunk, I think you should remember that if you are going to criticise someone for being derogatory, perhaps you should not have been derogatory yourself towards Fast Eddie.

By all means criticise his words, but criticising the appearance of a man you do not know only lowers you to the standard of the personthat you are criticising.

I hope this makes sense and this is what MU meant also I would suggest.

Bubbles
I think what he's trying to say is that two clubmen who have given their lives to this club and bled for it don't deserve that sort of crap from keyboard heros like this fast eddie character who don't have a f**king idea of the blood, sweat and tears these guys have given to this club. Yes, neither player is probably up to standard these days but no-one deserves those sort of vitriolic comments.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
My role as a moderator is to ensure people post within the set guidelines.

Calling someone spastic, irrespective of my personal opinion, is not a breach of the guidelines.

I'm not a Nazi mod, and I will let a few iffy things slip by.

But this is not iffy. Until the administrators change the guidelines to include terms such as spastic, unco, any derivatives of swearwords etc as unacceptable, then I will start amending posts.

But that is not the case.

I wish some people would realise that as mods, our role is to ensure people abide by the guidelines.

Not to enforce our own perception on things.

Because I let these comments stands does not in any way show I fully endorse or support the comments. To think such is pure nonsense and small minded.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

But can the moderator please tell us what he thinks of fasteddies original comments?

It's an opinion, I mostly agree with his sentiment but not his choice of words.

macnaz

Staff member
Jeeeez i thought this thread was gunna be about broken bubly hot tubs ( knackered spas) lol.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
There are plenty of PG rated forums out there, and plenty of forums where moderators have their own agendas and delete posts at will / randomly. I'm glad this isn't one of those.

And "2 knackered spastics" is tame by comparison with some other of FastEddie's posts.

chunk

Juniors
It's an opinion, I mostly agree with his sentiment but not his choice of words.

Soft.....thats all you have to say. Considering you have pretty strong opinions on other issues

Are you his mate or something?

I don't want the want his comments taken off I want him to be embarressed.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's my honest opinion.

It's what you asked for. If you don't like then don't f**king ask for it.

Talk about coming in here with an agenda.

I'm not his 'mate or something' either.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And furthermore, requesting the personal opinions of all the moderators of each forum for their soft opinions.

Radical Rat

Juniors

I agree with Fast Eddie's sentiments as well. I think we'll all agree that calling Skando a spastic is not on, although i'm cheering he's not in the team this week. As for Fitzy, being called a spastic is the least of his problems. After the game he had on the weekend, he deserves to be called a lot worse.

chunk

Juniors
chunk, here's a listing of threads that contain the word "spastic"

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/search.php?searchid=98171

I trust I'll see your presence in each of them calling up each of the posters who used the word and also seeing a separate thread for each.

Please continue your crusade.

No doubt the term spastic is offensive and calling anyone is simple ignorance

I was more taken a back that someone, a so called fan could call the great Skando a spastic.

Now if you think thats appropriate and want to sidestep the issue......each to their own.

Last edited: