What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights 2021/22 Off-Season

Knight Tales

Juniors
Well that's not the point you raised was it? In any case most of those guys played less than 20 games and didn't reach any great heights under Bellamy and they weren't expected to, they were signed as guys who would do a specific job. Not everyone player that goes to Melbourne turns into a superstar
Not arguing with you mate. Maybe our definition of peaked and ceilings differ. Fair enough.

Jono078

Referee
I'm sure everyone will have their own opinion on it, but remember when we gave them the rest of the year off and asked them to be responsible in trying to avoid COVID? Yeah didn't work so well..

I mean the way it's spreading it's hard to avoid but man you just get the feeling this is our season story already.. "Pre-season COVID interruptions ruins Knights season".

Burwood

Bench
Interesting that there’s no/very little news of the outbreak outside of the herald article. Nothing on club webpage or Twitter, and fox sports running an article on panthers outbreak and mention Brisbane as another club in same situation.

Woosh

Head Moderator
THE Newcastle Knights have resumed training for the 2022 NRL season, albeit with a host of familiar faces missing. The Knights held their first session since the Christmas-New Year break on Thursday morning, but a large number of high-profile players were conspicuous in their absence. The Newcastle Herald revealed on Monday that the club had been blindsided by an outbreak of COVID-19. Knights officials have declined to divulge how many players have contracted the coronavirus, but it is understood to be in double figures. The Herald observed Thursday's conditioning session and counted fewer than 20 players on the field. RELATED: A full NRL squad should comprise at least 36 players. A host of other NRL clubs are facing a similar dilemma. Players who have tested positive have been ordered to isolate at home for a mandatory period. Their teammates will be required to undergo rapid antigen testing before each training session, possibly for the entire season ahead. The Knights were forced to break for Christmas ahead of schedule, on December 16, after a young player and club employee tested positive. Given the extended lay-off, and limitations imposed on the players in isolation, Knights coach Adam O'Brien and new physical-performance manager Hayden Knowles face a logistical challenge to whip players into shape for the club's first pre-season trial, against Canterbury on February 21. Thursday's training resumption kicked off with a heavy conditioning session as O'Brien cast a close eye over his troops. Among those in attendance was star signing Dane Gagai, who has returned to Newcastle after four seasons with South Sydney

Gagai the only senior player to make it back to training.
Leading from the front 😘

Still Nutty

Juniors
1641439635138.png

Based on this photo, Clune looks almost as solid as Mann, which is a good thing...I thought he was much smaller based on the data I'd seen on his profile?

Silent Knight

First Grade
This image has caption time written all over it...

dsc00988.jpg

Adam: Ummmm Kurt you're the linkman now so after Jayden feeds you the ball you're supposed to get it out to Jake and Kalyn so they can do their thing.

Kurt: nah coach said I have free reign to do whatever I want so I'm going to throw the ball at the goalposts, hope it ricochets the right way and then I'll regather it in the confusion and score a try. It's a foolproof plan. And if that doesn't work I'll just run at the line because the opposition thinks I'm always going to pass and as you know I never surrender in a tackle. And if that doesn't work, I'll trip over my own feet and bring down some opposition players with me before passing off the ground to my nearest teammate to score.

Adam: remind me again why I joined this club.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Kurt Mann lickety split now there’s a soc I’d take for a ride in the lolly jar. Bellamy is busy getting Josh King drenched in the shallow end before his inevitable run in with the rough crowd, but if he knew like me the difference between Grover from Sesame Street and a jar of pickled cucumbers he would have snapped up Kurt, turned him into a fullback and then Bellamy, Kurt and I would’ve gone pig hunting with only one sleeping bag to share, if you know what I valvoline.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Kurt Mann lickety split now there’s a soc I’d take for a ride in the lolly jar. Bellamy is busy getting Josh King drenched in the shallow end before his inevitable run in with the rough crowd, but if he knew like me the difference between Grover from Sesame Street and a jar of pickled cucumbers he would have snapped up Kurt, turned him into a fullback and then Bellamy, Kurt and I would’ve gone pig hunting with only one sleeping bag to share, if you know what I valvoline.
I love how you are less impressed with him than I am.

Didn’t think it was possible, and gives me something to aspire to.

Thank you, Good Sir.

Jono078

Referee
Player swap for Luke Brooks? Sounds like something the Tigers would do.

Star is a good depth player and that it. But now if Lee is unable to return our Winger stocks are terrible.