What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights aspirations?

legend

Coach
After the loss to the Panthers the Knights find themselves outside the top eight again and can pretty much kiss a top four berth goodbye. I even think there is a remote chance the Knights may miss the semis considering their run home.

Marathon is not the fortress it used to be and although Kennedy is due back soon, I feel the task is too big an ask for the Knights in 2003.

Having said that the Knights will probably win the title and not lose another game all year. :lol:

roopy

Referee
legend said:
After the loss to the Panthers the Knights find themselves outside the top eight again and can pretty much kiss a top four berth goodbye. I even think there is a remote chance the Knights may miss the semis considering their run home.

Marathon is not the fortress it used to be and although Kennedy is due back soon, I feel the task is too big an ask for the Knights in 2003.

Having said that the Knights will probably win the title and not lose another game all year. :lol:
Johns and Buderus are being worked to death.
I think the only hope is to give them two weeks off after the NZ test and hope they can lead a big charge home.

legend

Coach
Have to agree on Johns. He looks exhausted and his form is suffering as a result. The problem is the Knights find it hard to win without Johns and a game against the Wests Tigers without Johns is a risky proposition indeed.

One more unexpected loss and people up Newcastle way might just start to sweat.

midas

Juniors
Yes,It,s a real shame that Johns is the first player in the last twenty years to have to play three SOO matches,back up for his club and then back up for a Test Match.Poor diddums.
Shane Webke played all three SOO,s,played like a man posessed in SOO3
then turned in another blinder yesterday.
Luke Bailey was in a similar situation-and these are front rowers.

legend

Coach
Kennedy is a critical player for the Knights, without a doubt. If he is back and firing on all cylnders and Parsons is healthy again, then the Knights are a side who could win the competition from 8th spot.

The biggest problem for the Knights is the age of their best players. Johns, O'Davis, Macdougall, Kennedy and Parsons are all approaching the twilight of their careers and all will be very hard to replace.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I think if from now on Newcastle pull their socks up there is no reason why they can't go through and try and relcaim the title.
I don't think Joey will rest even if Hag's wants him too... but I really think he needs one.

roopy

Referee
Joey is going to take three days off next week according to the radio this morning.
I hope he goes fishing or does something totally relaxing, but knowing him he will go surfing and work harder than if he went to training.

misty

Juniors
This test match SHOULD be played on ANZAC DAY!! I'm sick of the club matches suffering because our players keep getting picked to play in these games :?

ENOUGH is ENOUGH :x

~bedsy~

First Grade
mia said:
This test match SHOULD be played on ANZAC DAY!! I'm sick of the club matches suffering because our players keep getting picked to play in these games :?

ENOUGH is ENOUGH :x
I wish they would bring back ANZAC day test's... they were great.

misty

Juniors
Lets hope commen sense prevails and this test match is moved to ANZAC DAY where it should be.

I loved that stare down Bud gave the Kiwi's when they were doing the Harka :lol: that was great.

Too bad the Kiwi's got a thrashing last night ;-)

Latest posts