What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights can make it 2 in a row without Johns? *SPOILERS*

Cletus

First Grade
Roy said:
so tomorow i want the broncos to beat the eels, as the cowboys have no chnace in beating them an the warriors have a good record against the broncs. So the ladder would look

4.kinghts 32
5/6 broncs eels 30:D

Roy, Newcastles F/A is about +75 now and they're on 32 points. You're in the top 4 unless something really weird happens.

Roy

Juniors
ohh yer baby yer carmont in. final score 40-4. Our for an against will remain on plus 70 for the year with the bye next week.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:
Roy, Newcastles F/A is about +75 now and they're on 32 points. You're in the top 4 unless something really weird happens.

knights are on 70 points f/a eels 60 and broncs 58 with no more games to go they have to hope the eels lose this weekend and broncs next...

Roy

Juniors
Onan the barbarian said:

Its plus 70 now we move onto 30 points, the broncs is plus 58 the eels plus 60. So the winner tomorow only has to win by 12 to go ahead of us. In simple form we need whoever wins this week out of eels broncs to loose next week.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Roy said:
Its plus 70 now we move onto 30 points, the broncs is plus 58 the eels plus 60. So the winner tomorow only has to win by 12 to go ahead of us. In simple form we need whoever wins this week out of eels broncs to loose next week.

and hope the dragons dont win bye 53 points against the roosters...

Eelectrica

Referee
If Manly lose next week, I'm pretty sure the Knights would leap them and make top 4 regardless of what Parra or Broncos do tomorrow or next week.
Manly plays Storm so it's definately on the cards.

Cletus

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
knights are on 70 points f/a eels 60 and broncs 58 with no more games to go they have to hope the eels lose this weekend and broncs next...

There are two spots up for grabs and one out of Eels and Broncs can't make it. Manly are no sure things now, our F/A is about +50 so we'll have to beat Melbourne to guarentee a top 4 spot. So unless Manly beat Melbourne by 20+ Newcastle are sweet.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Eelectrica said:
If Manly lose next week, I'm pretty sure the Knights would leap them and make top 4 regardless of what Parra or Broncos do tomorrow or next week.
Manly plays Storm so it's definately on the cards.

that looks about right too me also...

Y2Eel

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:
There are two spots up for grabs and one out of Eels and Broncs can't make it. Manly are no sure things now, our F/A is about +50 so we'll have to beat Melbourne to guarentee a top 4 spot. So unless Manly beat Melbourne by 20+ Newcastle are sweet.

yep just noticed manly arent certain to make the top 4..

Roy

Juniors
Onan the barbarian said:

ok yer didnt factor manly into it well thats made my night, now hope for a good game of poker at 10:30:)

wahoo202

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
3 kickers all up tonight.. Missed 4 attempts at goal.. Could have been 48-4 if johns was there
And the rest.
Penrith must have been pathetic for them to get that well beaten.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
The Knights will end on 32 points, with a F/A of 70. Hence, the Knights will make the top four if:

1. Manly lose against the Storm. Manly's F/A is inferior to the Knights, so a loss would see the Knights leap them with the 2 points picked up from the bye. If Manly draw or win against the Storm, though, they will place ahead of the Knights no matter how small the winning margin.

2. Eels vs Broncos results in a draw. Both the Eels and Broncos would be able to gain a maximum 31 points if they won in round 26, thereby placing them 1 behind Newcastle.

3. The winner of the Eels vs Broncos loses or draws in round 26. Monumentally unlikely if the winner happens to be Parra, since they play the Cowboys, but still a possibility.

4. The winner of the Eels vs Broncos only wins by a couple of points, and fails to win the round 26 by a reasonable margin. Again, unlikely but not impossible.

Any combination of the above would see Newcastle take 3rd. I'd say a top four finish is a safe bet.

innsaneink

Referee
I see Steve Clark yet again couldnt just leave it to the players, had to get his time in the sun, lecturing ...lecturing...its boring Clarky, just stfu and let the game go.

Caged Panther

First Grade
innsaneink said:
I see Steve Clark yet again couldnt just leave it to the players, had to get his time in the sun, lecturing ...lecturing...its boring Clarky, just stfu and let the game go.

Couldn't agree more, his lecturing of waterhouse towards the end of the game IMO was unnecessary. I mean I'm not 100% sure but to me when waterhouse blew up he was giving it to himself. Clark is such an egomaniac though that of course it was actually all about him.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Priddis better get cited for contrary conduct, seeings as swearing at the ref is now considered a two week offence at the judiciary.

Of course, he won't be, and nary a word will be mentioned on here :roll:.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Caged Panther said:
Couldn't agree more, his lecturing of waterhouse towards the end of the game IMO was unnecessary. I mean I'm not 100% sure but to me when waterhouse blew up he was giving it to himself. Clark is such an egomaniac though that of course it was actually all about him.

According to Clark, Watermouse gave him a mouthful twice in the space of 5 minutes. Therefore, Clark did the right thing by giving him a lecture. It's a shame that Penny were given 3 "last chances" without anyone going to the bin, but that's to be expected I guess.

Caged Panther

First Grade
bluesbreaker said:
According to Clark, Watermouse gave him a mouthful twice in the space of 5 minutes. Therefore, Clark did the right thing by giving him a lecture. It's a shame that Penny were given 3 "last chances" without anyone going to the bin, but that's to be expected I guess.

And as I said to me it appeared the only person waterhouse was giving a mouthful to was himself but clark being the tool he is thought it was all about him

bluesbreaker

Bench
In what alternate universe did Kurt Gidley play "strongly", sorry Starkey, gotta disagree with you there son.

innsaneink

Referee
Clark is deadset borderline schizo the way he takes things on board, you see blokes like him in authority jobs like cops, screws, teachers, refs etc...sad.