What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KNIGHTS CAN STILL WIN IT

Tommy Smith

Referee
greeneyed said:
On the topic, I don't think the Knights can win without Johns, but then I didn't think Penrith could win last year either. It is early and there is plenty of time for teams to develop different plans etc etc.
It will be very difficult preparing a plan without Johns. I mean it's like figuring out a way to make the car still go without it's engine.

melon....

Coach
macavity said:
Im as big a Knights fan as they come.

But im also a realist.

Up untill last night I thought we were looking good for premiership #3.

I think we will still make the finals, prob 6-8, but its very doubtful we have it in us to win it.

But it is nice to dream.

Lets hope the greatest ever player doesn't call it quits because of this.
You cant finish 6th. Thats Penrith's spot. :D

tdcockers

Juniors
lets be a little bit realistic here

certainly, johns is a huge loss to the knights, and they will struggle without him.

but to say the roosters still rely on freddy is pushing it too far. in previous years, maybe. They may yet this year too, but only because they have other injuries that are going to eat into their depth.

if the roosters have no injuries except fittler, i have no doubt they will still be near or in the top 4. having said that, i will still cheer for whatever team is playing against them each week :twisted:

Stats show that Lockyer missing-Bris struggle
Stats show that Fittler missing-Goost struggle
stats show that Johns missing-Knights struggle

Gee.stats show that best player missing-Team struggle
But we have a livewire in Gidley and I thing that Kurt Gidley might develop into a top player.This is the year to do it-no more fill in weeks,No thinking that joey is back shell be right-Its up to Gidley and I think we will win more than we lose

ngunity

Juniors
The topic of this post is an optimistic one; "The Knights can still make the 8" would have been more apt
To the Knights I'll conceded that Johns wasn't the only one of their big names injured last year for prolonged periods, and even without him if their squad can remain at mostly full strength on paper their a STRONG team.

I think the lack of Johns at Knights takes away the edge that Newcastle need to go to the top; they lose a little: direction, defensive strength, kicking, and goal kicking by him being gone, and probably most of all confidence. I'm sure we all remember the 24-0 killing the Knights put on Parra in the 2001(?) GF first half; it's the kind of orchestrated slaughter that they could only put together with Johns at the helm

Knights were gonna be, with Penrith (and my team), my 'lock-it-in' tipping team for the year, without him they sure as heck aren't as certain to win and become dark horses.... kind of like the Dragons; chock full of talent but hard to predict

Raiders-wise: I think Drew brings a bit more excitement and creativity to the Raiders, and if Shifcofske could get involved in attack like wesser does, and they give Joel Monaghan more ball the Raiders can become a more exciting team. > they're successful either way though.

Panthers-wise: I think Amos' intercept against the Raiders have turned their confidence back ON and they're gonna be top 4 this year again, no worries, they're a BIG confidence team for mine

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hate to bring this topic back Knights fans but we saw today that the Knights cannnot win the comp without Johns...and maybe not make the 8. Sure you were missing a couple more players but how do you expect to beat St George, let alone Penrith/Roosters when you can't even score one try.

Eels Dude

Coach
After todays performance I think not. They may win matches, may make the 8, but winning the premiership is unlikely.

dice

Juniors
I disagree. The roosters were in a worse position in 2002 and won. Anything is possible.

Tommy Smith

Referee
dice said:
I disagree. The roosters were in a worse position in 2002 and won. Anything is possible.
Fittler wasnt out for the season though. If he was we would have struggled to make the 8.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm Sure they will improve. Not much regressing from this weekends exploits.

I personally think they're top 8, let alone top 4 chances are shot. Then again, I've been tipping the Knights to come tenth since 2002 :lol: .

Knightmare

Coach
I think they have a hell of a lot of improvement in them, I think they'll be a completely different team by the end of this year.

mat_parsons

Juniors

Thanks for being honest. All others (except for red and blue army) just wanna see us as wooden spooners.

Johns, Quinn, Simpson, Seage, Tahu, O' Davids, Huges.

How are we supposed to win? With Premier leauge guys?!

Let me tell u, if u take away 7 players like these from any team, they wouldn't be able to beat my school's team.

We need some time to recover and we'll show that we can win.

_Johnsy

Referee
Mat

"How are we supposed to win? With Premier leauge guys?! "

Last year the saints had 11 players out injured and gave the broncs a beating with a premier league side bar a couple of players. I know of 48 reasons why you cant and wont :alcho:

_Johnsy

Referee
It has been a problem for 3 or so years now. We need to get 2 things right in our game and we will do very very well.

1. Consistency ( I know its only round 5)
2. The basics, if we can rectify these 2 parts of our games we will do well. Just look at the early 90's saints sides, consistent and played a basic game.

mat_parsons

Juniors
I know of 48 reasons why you cant and wont

Firstly, players need to settle down mentally and evrything else will be piece of cake.

We need to get 2 things right in our game and we will do very very well.

We? You said 'you' (for Knights) and topic after you said 'we'. Not only players need to beleive that WE CAN AND WE WILL WIN.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
You can't rule out Newcastle at this stage of the season. It's like saying Wigan won't make the top 4 because they are down in 8th place.

The fact is, when the key players return for both these teams, they will improve. When players do return for Newcastle, I think they may go on a very good run and this momentum will ensure they are there or thereabouts.