What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights Forum Junior Recruitment Challenge

Liam

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Yow Yeh
3. Justin Carney
4. Idris
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Rankin
7. Sandow
8. Merrin
9. Wadell
10. Packer
11. Prior
12. Matulino
13. Proctor

14. Kris Keating
15. Pettybourne
16. Leeson Ah Mau
17. Steve Rapira

18. Luke Walsh

Adsy

Juniors
1. Dugan
2. Yow Yeh
3. Justin Carney
4. Idris
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Rankin
7. Sandow
8. Merrin
9. Wadell
10. Packer
11. Prior
12. Matulino
13. Proctor

14. Kris Keating
15. Pettybourne
16. Leeson Ah Mau
17. Steve Rapira

18. Luke Walsh

Really?

Karmawave

Bench
1. Dugan
2. Yow Yeh
3. Justin Carney
4. Idris
5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Rankin
7. Sandow
8. Merrin
9. Wadell
10. Packer
11. Prior
12. Matulino
13. Proctor

14. Kris Keating
15. Pettybourne
16. Leeson Ah Mau
17. Steve Rapira

18. Luke Walsh

Fair team that one man! :)

I'd have to put Tolman in somewhere though. I'll try a full team too, not easy though!

Karmawave

Bench
1. Josh Dugan
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Jamal Idris
4. Jarrod Croker
5. Justin Carney
6, Wade Graham
7. Jordan Rankin

8. Aiden Tolman
9. Jake Friend
10. Russell Packer
11. Anthony Cherrington
12. Eddy Pettybourne
13. Alex Glenn

Bench:- Kris Keating, Palmer Wapau ( debut this weekend ), Ben Matulino, Matt Prior

With a team like that having played under 25 games, the future is in decent hands.

Adsy

Juniors
The sad thing about this thread is that even though its a hypothetical recruitment thread, the only Knights that match up with Karma's criteria are Uate and Lulia.

roopy

Referee
The sad thing about this thread is that even though its a hypothetical recruitment thread, the only Knights that match up with Karma's criteria are Uate and Lulia.
Junior must be very close, and Vuna, and Timmy, and Scotty.
Jimmy and Jarod are young enough i think, but have played way too much firstgrade.

Adsy

Juniors
Junior must be very close, and Vuna, and Timmy, and Scotty.
Jimmy and Jarod are young enough i think, but have played way too much firstgrade.

Junior, Timmy, Scotty, Jimmy and Jarrod are all over 21.

Vuna is 21 but has played 30 FG games.

keeney

First Grade

That's a decent thing, our squad is young enough as it is. We have about 10 promising players in the next tier up, many of whom will be internationals. We need better juniors sure, but we're just going through a lean patch when luckily we don't really need em.

Adsy

Juniors
You're right, Keeney. We do have a large number of players in the next age bracket and NRL experience bracket so we don't need the really young gun players at the moment. It's disappointing though not to have more under 20's pushing the first graders. We used to have the best juniors in the NRL.

roopy

Referee
our 2006 Flegg squad included (a memory test)

Steve Gordon
James McManus
Callan Richardson - fringe player with Parra
Jonathon Wright - Fringe player with Parra
Aku Uate
Scott Dureau
Luke Walsh
Kade Snowden
Terrence Seu Seu
Tim Natusch
Brendan Hlad - played firstgrade with Castleford
Cory Paterson
Lucas Miller - fringe player with Melbourne

We are only talking 3 years ago that we had our most successful junior side ever - and Jarrod Mullen would have been part of the side if he wasn't in firstgrade at the time.

A couple of ordinary years in the juniors after our best year ever isn't exactly the end of the world, and i have to say we have the makings of some great junior sides over the next few years.

Jono078

Referee
The guys i've seen at other clubs that i'd love to see for us are;

Locke - fullback from Warriors
Merrin - prop from saints
Likiliki - centre from Warriors
Rankin - back or half from titans
Locke is bloody awesome, but yeah he hasn't played FG yet either :p

roopy

Referee
Locke is bloody awesome, but yeah he hasn't played FG yet either :p
The only game i saw Locke in live he played one of the best fullback games i've seen in the juniors - maybe only matched by Kurt Gidley in 2001 in one game.

aqua_duck

Coach
our 2006 Flegg squad included (a memory test)

Steve Gordon
James McManus
Callan Richardson - fringe player with Parra
Jonathon Wright - Fringe player with Parra
Aku Uate
Scott Dureau
Luke Walsh
Kade Snowden
Terrence Seu Seu
Tim Natusch
Brendan Hlad - played firstgrade with Castleford
Cory Paterson
Lucas Miller - fringe player with Melbourne

We are only talking 3 years ago that we had our most successful junior side ever - and Jarrod Mullen would have been part of the side if he wasn't in firstgrade at the time.

A couple of ordinary years in the juniors after our best year ever isn't exactly the end of the world, and i have to say we have the makings of some great junior sides over the next few years.
sam wooden was fullback, wright and aku was wing, and richo and ordon were centres
backrow was Ling, Pato and Jon Tupou, Hlad played against us for Panthers in the GF

roopy

Referee
sam wooden was fullback, wright and aku was wing, and richo and ordon were centres
backrow was Ling, Pato and Jon Tupou, Hlad played against us for Panthers in the GF
I wasn't trying to name the side as it played - just name the guys who have gone on to firstgrade or are still a chance of doing so.
Hlad played some games for us in 2006, but was mostly injured, and joined Penrith in 2007.

Latest posts