What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights in financial trouble...

Red Bear

Referee
Timmah said:
Yeah that's a pretty sh*thouse situation... you can't have a team so others should suffer? You should be supporting the propping up of teams so others DON'T have to suffer the fate of your club... you know how much it hurts and 10 years on would like nothing more than to see the game thrive... right?
No, i'd like to see the one standard applies across the whole competition. Capiche? Put yourself in the situation of a north sydney bears fan. Your side is moving at the encouragement of the NRL in that CC will make them a country team and thus exclude them from the sydney cull. So they go full ahead with this, building a stadium and getting ready to move. Of course this is all at a period where player wages have gone through the roof due to stupor league. And with various other costs it wouldve been fine without an outside f**k up. Now our incompitent board here didnt forsee stuff going wrong (note, parallel to newcastle) but what happens? Rain. Biggest wet period in years delays stadium completion and in its process f**k up the entire 99 season for North Sydney, what with us not having a home ground and all, ending back at North Sydney Oval, our home for 90+ years with a still arsehole council running the show. Now with a guarentee of moving the next season BUT with the debts accumalated from the stadium delay we were still ready to move. What does the nice old NRL do? Decides there and then, after saying moving to the CC will guarentee our future, help the game and pushing us the whole way, offers us no assistance (despite news helping out cronulla nth qld and melbourne the whole time and having plenty of cash) and in the ultimate back stab decides that the CC is NOT in fact a country area. What f**kers. In this process we get kicked out and despite manly helping us in the merger, it was never going to work. you cant put 52 years of hate on ice to become one club, it'd be like america and russia getting married.

Now Timmah and all you other clubs fans, put yourself in these shoes, imagine it was your club who got so royally f**ked over by the NRL and got no help whatsoever from the News rugby league. Then a mear 10 years later you see them prop up a club which is about to go under like newcastle or brisbane or whoever. How would you feel? Not f**king good thats for sure, you wouldnt want to see that kind of double standard occur. And that is why i have the attitude i do. I want Newcastle to survive, and all clubs if possible, and it fortunately seems like Newcastle will be ok despite the woeful management, but i do not want to see the NRL step in and help, as it would just be yet another f**king kick in the teeth from a soulless organisation

Manly fLIP

Juniors
Theres no way the NRL can let the newcaslte side go. Of all the NSW areas there MUST be a club in the Hunter and IMO 1 sydney club to the CC. Letting the Knights fall would be disasterous for the game.

brooksy19

Bench
Red Bear said:
No, i'd like to see the one standard applies across the whole competition. Capiche? Put yourself in the situation of a north sydney bears fan. Your side is moving at the encouragement of the NRL in that CC will make them a country team and thus exclude them from the sydney cull. So they go full ahead with this, building a stadium and getting ready to move. Of course this is all at a period where player wages have gone through the roof due to stupor league. And with various other costs it wouldve been fine without an outside f**k up. Now our incompitent board here didnt forsee stuff going wrong (note, parallel to newcastle) but what happens? Rain. Biggest wet period in years delays stadium completion and in its process f**k up the entire 99 season for North Sydney, what with us not having a home ground and all, ending back at North Sydney Oval, our home for 90+ years with a still arsehole council running the show. Now with a guarentee of moving the next season BUT with the debts accumalated from the stadium delay we were still ready to move. What does the nice old NRL do? Decides there and then, after saying moving to the CC will guarentee our future, help the game and pushing us the whole way, offers us no assistance (despite news helping out cronulla nth qld and melbourne the whole time and having plenty of cash) and in the ultimate back stab decides that the CC is NOT in fact a country area. What f**kers. In this process we get kicked out and despite manly helping us in the merger, it was never going to work. you cant put 52 years of hate on ice to become one club, it'd be like america and russia getting married.

Now Timmah and all you other clubs fans, put yourself in these shoes, imagine it was your club who got so royally f**ked over by the NRL and got no help whatsoever from the News rugby league. Then a mear 10 years later you see them prop up a club which is about to go under like newcastle or brisbane or whoever. How would you feel? Not f**king good thats for sure, you wouldnt want to see that kind of double standard occur. And that is why i have the attitude i do. I want Newcastle to survive, and all clubs if possible, and it fortunately seems like Newcastle will be ok despite the woeful management, but i do not want to see the NRL step in and help, as it would just be yet another f**king kick in the teeth from a soulless organisation

Here Here!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
skeepe said:
Disagree. Die scum.
:lol: :lol:
Unlucky Skeepey, it just seems like its media over-reaction :crazy:

Although it must be noted that we are not the best run club and hopefully Burraston is on the way to improving that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sadly for Bears fans the Knights are more important to the NRL comp now than a struggling relocated Nth Sydney team was back then. Doesn't make it fair but that's business for you.

Personally i think it was mistake and a missed opportunity to have NRL on the CC, alongside the Reds, Adelaide and some other very poor decisions the game has made over the years. Maybe they have finally realised letting teams die in key areas is not a good idea?

strewth_mate

Bench
No, i'd like to see the one standard applies across the whole competition.

As loathe as I am to sound insensitive on the subject - would you prefer the right standard or the wrong standard? One is learning from mistakes, the other is a square-up by responding to injustice with further injustice.

Deanoknights

Juniors
I think it's been known for a while that Newcastle were gunna have that big loss !

I think Singleton has his own ajenda's bagging the club in the papers now. e.g. good mates with J.Newton and the Knights have had two wins and he wants to bring instability to the joint. Especially if it's true that he has sold his share in Bluetongue and he's going on how they are gunna honor "their" deal. Also he probably follows Manly(Knights13-Manly12)seeing as he wanted them on the CC and he's jumped on a successful clubs bandwagon. Probably back with the Knights in a coupla years if or WHEN they pick up.

What about the Dragons i heard somewhere they lost even more 1.8 mill?