What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights lookin at O'Donnell and O'Meley!!

Sacrolishes

Juniors
yep..read it in the telegraph today or maby the Sun Herald..not sure wich one. if some one can copy paste it for me that'd be suave!
But basically says that 4 knights players including Josh Perry are on notice and it relys on there form and on the situation on Andrew Johns if he retires and free's up that money that we can go for them!!

Interesting ill admit i dont think we have a coowee chance of getting either cause its late in the cause..but was waiting for Smith to start looking for outside players!!

Another reason for josh to pick up his game..but he hasnt done that in 4 years...he's runnig out of time!

Sacrolishes

Juniors
oi im serious haha..barrey tooheys coloumn!! trust me on this..howeva it is possible toohey mite be havin us on!!

~knights~

Juniors
It's true

It said that Smith talked to O'Meley back in feb this year ....but they are going to wait on
1.the form of a few props
2.Joeys decision

Burwood

Bench
It wasn't a hoax column. All it said was that Smith had made contact with O'Meley's manager a number of weeks ago to enquire about O'Meley, but he has had no contact since. You'd have to think that both O'Meley and O'Donnell will be well and truly signed up by the time Joey gives us an answer over his future at the club.

Serc

First Grade
lol righto no worries...though its not as if we need backrowers atm (O'Donnell), wouldn't mind O'Meley if we could get our hands on him though!

Yes exactly, both of them will be signed, sealed and delivered by the time we know what Joey is doing (and anyone else we might cut this year)

Frederick

Staff member
1. Get rid of Reynoldson, sign O'Donnell
2. Get rid of Perry, sign O'Meley
3. Use Joey's money (highly doubtful he'll play on), sign a couple of decent outside backs
4. Win premiership next 3 years in a row :)

Jono078

Referee
I dont rate O'Donnell that much and I dont think we need another backrower. Unless we can straight swap Reynoldsons pay for O'Donnell.

O'Meley would be ok, but if we use Johns' money towards him I wont be that happy.

Frederick

Staff member
You don't rate a current NSW and Aus back rower? :-s
Imagine a backrow of
11. Simmo
12. O'Donnell
13. Abes

That's up there with, if not THE, strongest backrow in the comp

Pumba

First Grade
Captain_Fred said:
3. Use Joey's money (highly doubtful he'll play on), sign a couple of decent outside backs

Agree with every thing you have on your list HOWEVER
Reyno is on about 250k I don't think we would give LOD for that.
O'Meley is asking about 400k, I don't know what Perry is on. I wouldn't mind if we could get Shrek for 300-350k even then that still steep.

Totally agree with #3 on your list though we need some quality backs!
I will say it again Tame Tupou would be a good pickup and I think we would get him cheap.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
reno..how long he got left..cause i wrekon no doubt he got no chance of stayin beyon his contract finishing!!

O'Meley be good..but he be out our sights by time we think bount signing!!..i read Tame Topu is wanting a release as soon as possible!!

Pumba

First Grade
Sacrolishes said:
reno..how long he got left..cause i wrekon no doubt he got no chance of stayin beyon his contract finishing!!

O'Meley be good..but he be out our sights by time we think bount signing!!..i read Tame Topu is wanting a release as soon as possible!!

No time like the present go get him before the Raiders or Sharks sign him!!!

Super Sub

Juniors
I'm not too fussed about whether we sign O'Donell or not, we have a lot of second rowers atm and is probably our position where we hold the most depth.

O'Meley on the other hand would probably be a good buy, I would be concerned if our backline lost any more experience though because I would rather sign a quality outside back and maybe an up-and-coming instead of blowing all that on O'Meley when we have Wooly, Tolar and White in such good form.

Jono078

Referee
Captain_Fred said:
You don't rate a current NSW and Aus back rower? :-s
Imagine a backrow of
11. Simmo
12. O'Donnell
13. Abes

That's up there with, if not THE, strongest backrow in the comp
I rate him, but maybe not as high as most others. And for what he'd be asking I dont think he'd be worth it.

If we can get 2005 Newton back we definitely wont need him.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I'd rather sign 2 decent younger props then 1 Mark O'meley. And i'd rather use the money we would spend on O'donell to resign some younger players or sign some decent back, Tupou would be a good buy.

Phillips

Referee
Captain_Fred said:

5. stay off the drugs :sarcasm:

Yosh

Coach
Hmm... firstly I wouldnt buy O'meley. At first I was thinking yeah good buy but I think he isnt wortht the money. I would much rather buy some other quality backs or younger front rowers for the money as others have mentioned.

With LOD, I mean quality over quanity please. Who cares if we have many backrowers at the club already, LOD is better no doubt. LOD is one of the best back rowers in the game, I would sign him without 2nd glance.

Lastly, I hope Josh does pick up his act. Would hate to lose him...

Latest posts