What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights lookin at O'Donnell and O'Meley!!

reginald.p

Juniors
Yes please get rid of Perry, we are never going to win a premiership with him at number 8. Sign O'meley or Civoniceva and release Perry and Newton.

RABK

Referee
I don't think we need to splash money on any big name forwards. Have a look through our junior grades, dozens of rep forwards some with huge potential.

Natusch, Patterson, Tupou, Taufua and Snowden are all ready to play FG in the next year or two. Priority should be to make sure we sign them all up to long term contracts.

I agree with Mac on the gun centre - as an example, with Carmont, Franze, Tanner off contract that's at leats $300,000 to look at a centre with.

Hodges = no chance, Tate highly unlikely.

reginald.p

Juniors
Captain_Fred said:
Civoniceva would be a waste of money...I'm pretty sure he's 30 this year.

Yeah thats a good thing we need a experienced forward leader, we have a ton of young guys.

I really think a tough consistent prop like Civoniceva or O'meley to lead by example every game would be invaluable.

Ben

Bench
That is true we are lacking a forward leader, but i don't think it would be wise for us to start splashing out that sort of money for a prop-forward. For the money O'Meley would be demanding, around 350 to 400 thousand, we can easily sign a quality outside back - if only Tahu didnt go to Yawnion.

keeney

First Grade
Some of our juniors are gonna mature into exactly the forward we need, I agree with the calls to sign em all up. Don't waste money on a superstar forward, we need a really quality back, and a couple decent other ones.

Nuke

Staff member
reginald.p said:
Yes please get rid of Perry, we are never going to win a premiership with him at number 8.
I assume you mean that we won't win another premiership with Josh Perry in the number 8 jersey. Remember 2001?

Sacrolishes

Juniors
to be honest i dont like the idea of going out and buying overpaid players..yet they are gun players yeh but dont go wasting everything..dont forget the premier teams dont have a comp next yr..so basically..Natucsh Snowden, Patto, Royal White..They all going to be aiming to be there..let alone Jacob Ling and he busling mountain man from Flegg:p

Use the money on them please!!

Super Sub

Juniors
As I stated earlier, I'd rather get a couple of outside backs for the price of O'Meley or O'Donnell, with that money we could pick up a quality centre and a young gun centre/winger. I would much prefer that.

Burwood

Bench
There was an article in today's paper about Tame Tupou. The club want to sign him, however we have no money this year to do so (assuming the Broncos release him from his contract early).

~knights~

Juniors
The knights were after him last year because they had Carney,Gidley and Quinn going.

But he chose to stay with the broncos

Now he's playing QLD cup and he's not happy :lol: and wants a release

But the knights can't fit him under their cap now

Johns Magic

Referee
We don't need him right now anyway. The MacDaddies are going fine, and we have Uate, Polglase and Thaiday on the fringes, with Franze still a possibility to prove himself.

Latest posts