What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights most dangerous

kaon

Juniors
Who does everyone think are the Knights most dangerous players now that Joey is out?

I didn't really watch that much of last weeks game but apparently Kurt Gidley had a good one. If he is their strike weapon, we really don't have anything to fear but some of their more experienced backs could hurt us. Last week against the Cowboys, our left hand defence was shocking and could really be exposed.

bucko

Juniors
OK:
Ben Kennedy: Always dangerous with the ball in his hand, and can get a good ball away in traffic

Kurt Gidley: Playing with a lot of confidence, and a dangerous kicking game

Danny Buderus: Surprisingly strong, and very dangerous out of dummy half.

Matt Gidley: Can make something from nothing, must be stopped out wide all game.

Many more dangerous players, but i think these are the 4 to watch.

roopy

Referee
Mark Hughes - Has had a great last few weeks - he is pinching a lot of tries by running some very odd angles near the line.

Anthony Quinn - the mini truck has not been at his best but makes some good runs at times.

Matthew Gidley - has been quiet since SOO, but is the best centre in the game. I think he needs Tahu beside him to hit his top form.

Adam MacDougall - In great form - made Sing look like a reserve grader and has torn every defence apart in the last 3 games - a great understanding with Kurt Gidley

Craig Hall - makes very strong runs all game

Sean Rudder - does the job

Kurt Gidley - hot and cold, but as good as Joey when hot

Josh Perry - In top form - has smashed everyone in front of him for the last three weeks - unstoppable

Danny Buderus - the best hooker in the game and the brains of the side now that Johns is out

Matt Parsons - Has a hammy and might not play. He is due for a big game now that he has been back for three games from injury. If he does play, Parsons and Perry will smash you guys.

Steve Simpson - Four games back from injury and playing harder each week. Will make the Kangaroo tour.

Daniel Abraham - the workhorse in attack and defence - under rated country rep forward

Ben Kennedy (c) - looking forward to smashing whatever Parsons, Perry and Simpson leave of your forward pack

Interchange

Adam Woolnough - played his first game back for 10 weeks in Premier League last week - still needs a run, but will put in a good 20 minutes or so

Matthew Jobson - Has played his best football in the last few weeks - strong prop

Luke Quigley - gives Buderus a rest when we are too far in front to worry (could come on in the first half)

Todd Lowrie - the best of our young forwards who was one of our best against the warriors

Andrew Price - a Canberra junior who had a good first half to the year, but played his first game in 9 weeks in Premier League last week. He needed the run and will only be good for short spells, but has a lot of size and strength.

roopy

Referee
P.S.

Tahu and O'Davis are both having fitness tests and are a chance for the game.

hrundi99

First Grade
"What's left of your forward pack"???

Give me a break.

:roll:

O'Hara owns Perry. You just wait.

roopy said:
Matthew Gidley is the best centre in the game.

LOL No. His defence is shithouse and will be exposed by Joel Monaghan.

roopy said:
Kurt Gidley - as good as Joey when hot

NO.

roopy said:
Josh Perry - In top form - has smashed everyone in front of him for the last three weeks - unstoppable.

He'll be stopped allright. By Davico, O'Hara & Wiki.

roopy said:
Ben Kennedy (c) - looking forward to smashing whatever Parsons, Perry and Simpson leave of your forward pack

Just LOL. You're lucky Cross isn't playing this week. We have a damn tough pack mate.

DaleyIsGod said:
You're lucky Cross isn't playing this week. We have a damn tough pack mate.

Cross is one of my favorite players now, and I've only seen him for like a combined 40 minutes! I love the way in which he plays the game, the high shots he could do without, but he's so fricking tough.

roopy

Referee
I haven't seen any Canberra games this year, so I made a point of watching the Cowboys game this week.

I was expecting to see a tough team that would give us a real hard game next week.

All I can say is, if that is all you have, do yourselves a favour and don't show up.

Last weekend Canberra lost to a cowboys side that was just above reserve grade standard, while we comprehensively beat a Warriors side that was very committed and very talented. I'd rate Canberra about 60/100 for last week and Newcastle about 85/100.

I see Canberra are favourites on the TAB, which must mean the three guys you have comming back are the best three players in the world, because they will have to be to turn that side around enough to give us a game.

Your pack are a bunch of pussies. Any we leave standing will be finished off by Easts and Canterbury in the next two weeks and you will lose the first finals game, which is good, because it just might be us that gets to put you away for the season.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ben Cross is now my OFFICAL FAV PLAYER!!

i hope he can get his tackling down abit so i see him more often

DONT CROSS THE BOSS!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Roopy you are a tool!

Granted you obviously havnt watch a single raiders game besides last week because otherwise you would know your in abit of stife this week........ our forward pack is on of the strongest and best proforming in the comp, stats prove that......
Our backs are quick and esslusive as well as defenivly strong, last week we had Drew, Woolford and Schif out, and Macca playing with injury, that means we werew playing without of cheif playmakers and i wouldnt be counting Newcastles chickens yet champ, ive seen the Knights play against strong teams without Johns and its not pretty

Johns is your team, without him your nothing and that will be proven yet again as the Raiders will overcome the cowboys hi-cup and regester a great win........

hrundi99

First Grade
roopy said:
I haven't seen any Canberra games this year, so I made a point of watching the Cowboys game this week.

I was expecting to see a tough team that would give us a real hard game next week.

All I can say is, if that is all you have, do yourselves a favour and don't show up.

Last weekend Canberra lost to a cowboys side that was just above reserve grade standard, while we comprehensively beat a Warriors side that was very committed and very talented. I'd rate Canberra about 60/100 for last week and Newcastle about 85/100.

I see Canberra are favourites on the TAB, which must mean the three guys you have comming back are the best three players in the world, because they will have to be to turn that side around enough to give us a game.

Your pack are a bunch of pussies. Any we leave standing will be finished off by Easts and Canterbury in the next two weeks and you will lose the first finals game, which is good, because it just might be us that gets to put you away for the season.

You watch one poor game and you choose to use that to determine the capabilities of our pack? Why have we been in the top 4 all year? Where are the Knights?

Even on reputation alone Wiki is just as good or better than anyone in your pack.

Do you watch the sport at all?

Getting nervous are you?

roopy said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: One of the funniest things ever written

We are favourites at the TAB because we are better. Enough said.

Ultima

Juniors
roopy said:

Yeah mate... That's the best we can do... Hang on I found something that ends this argument before it starts...

4 - Canberra Raiders (32) +151
8 - Newcastle (28) -31

Now go away... You obviously know f**k all about footy and if you have only seen us in one game this year it's even more obvious that you aren't a real fan of the game... When the Knights miss the eight or get droped in the first week of the finals with-out your super-star are you going to change codes?

edabomb

First Grade
m8 go back a month and the knights copped a 40 point thrashing from the tigers, how did this happen to the gods of the game??? anyone who thinks the knights are a show this year is a goose, they cant get close to the dogs with johns in the team!!!!! and as for kurt gidley being in the same league as johns, lets just say maybe in matty johns class

azza

Juniors
roopy said:

You're an idiot. Thankfully Newcastle normally have a no.7 who has way more brains than you do.

bucko

Juniors
roopy said:

:roll:

That's a fair enough opinion mate, but we have the strongest pack of forwards in the competition. Honestly, can you really see the knights winning this game???

woodgers

Bench

I can't fault this guy, he sure has done his research. Maybe he is a reporter for ACA or Today Tonight.

Smells to me like one of those Fans who comes out around September in time for the finals. What a shock he will get when the Knights don't make the 8 or get knocked out first week.

Then his "biggest Knights team ever" will have an extended off season to eat more pies.

roopy said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This bunch of pussies just bitch slapped your worthless rabble around Bruce in the wet. We played shite, and still won :D

Terminator

First Grade
It looks like we will be meeting you in the semis, we don't need Johns now we have Kurt, our forwards are going to crap all over you.
Your gooooorrrrrrrrrrrnnneeeeeeeee:lol:

reptar

Juniors
terminator007 said:
It looks like we will be meeting you in the semis, we don't need Johns now we have Kurt, our forwards are going to crap all over you.
Your gooooorrrrrrrrrrrnnneeeeeeeee:lol:

You had Kurt when we beat you last, too. As I remember, he failed to find touch in two consecutive kicks for touch.

I'm not terribly worried about Kurt carving up any of the quality sides in this competition. I think he has potential, though.