What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights possible Line-up for 07

League_God

Juniors
AFTER GIDLEY'S GREAT GAME AT FULLBACK AND HIS CONSISTENTCY UNDER THE HIGH BALL I'D RECCOMEND HIM AT FULLBACK. AND I MITE MENTION THAIDAY'S PREFERED POSTION IS ON THE WING.

1.Kurt Gidley

2.Milton Thaiday

3.George Carmont

4.Adam Mcdougall

5.Todd Polgaise

6. Jarrod Mullen

7. Andrew Johns

8.Josh Perry

9.Danny Buderus

10.Adam Woolnough

11. Steve Simpson

12.Clint Newton

13.Kirk Reynoldson

Bench
14. Luke Davico

15. Mitchell Sargent

16.Luke Quigley

17. Reagan Tanner

antonius

Coach
LOL at that team. Kidley has one good game and that makes him our fulltime fullback...I don't think so. There was never once any pressure put on him fielding the ball, watch how he goes when there is, you'll change your mind. I think you might find quite a few changes to the team you name above.

League_God

Juniors
antonius said:
LOL at that team. Kidley has one good game and that makes him our fulltime fullback...I don't think so. There was never once any pressure put on him fielding the ball, watch how he goes when there is, you'll change your mind. I think you might find quite a few changes to the team you name above.

LoL true, just a suggestion where do youse think polgaise will play nxt yr?

Burwood

Bench
Kazaf said:
What about Tighe? Brian Smith has garaunteed his FG spot next season.

Tighe hasn't been gauranteed anywhere in the teams starting lineup. All Brian Smith has said is that he'll get first crack at the spot, which means he'll play a game or two in the centres during the club's trial games. If he doesn't impress in those games than Smith is under no obligation to pick him there once the season starts.

knights9

Juniors
1. Milton Thaiday
2. David Seage
3. Bradly Tighe
4. Kurt Gidley
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Luke Davico
15. Kirk Reynoldson
16. Mitchell Sargent
17. Kade Snowden

Burwood

Bench
knights9 said:
2. David Seage

i don't think we'll be seeing Seage for quite some time. It looks to be a 6 month injury so he more than likely won't be back in time for the start of the season, and he'll have to fight his way ahead of guys like Hinton, Uate, Polglase and Franze all over again.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him throw the towel in after this setback- he is only on an incentives based contract, so 6+ months of intense physio might not seem that attractive to him anymore.

League_God

Juniors
antonius said:

actually, you name your team then?
i spose youll put thaiday at fullback, thatd be great, he prefers to let the high ball BOUNCE when he is under pressure, and incase you werent there or you didnt notice it was wet and windy when gidley WAS put under pressure with a few high balls and grubbers
no offence to thaiday he needs to go to the wing, he is a great attacking player

antonius

Coach
Kidley has had a lot of games at fullback in first grade, Friday nights game is the only one that he has played with any amount of success, some of his others have been shockers especially when pressured. Thaiday when fit is a star at fullback. Thaiday would be wasyted on the wing. My team if all fully fit.

1. Thaiday
2. Carmont
3. Tighe
4. McDougall
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12 Newton
13 Abraham
14. Sargent
15. Reynoldson
16. Snowden
17. Kidley

Others that could pressure for spots.
Tolar
Brown
Franze
Hinton
We may also see Walsh feature some time during the year in the Halves. I'm sure there are others that I've left out, but basically that's the way I see us starting the year.

League_God

Juniors
antonius said:
Kidley has had a lot of games at fullback in first grade, Friday nights game is the only one that he has played with any amount of success, some of his others have been shockers especially when pressured. Thaiday when fit is a star at fullback. Thaiday would be wasyted on the wing. My team if all fully fit.

1. Thaiday
2. Carmont
3. Tighe
4. McDougall
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12 Newton
13 Abraham
14. Sargent
15. Reynoldson
16. Snowden
17. Kidley

Tolar
Brown
Franze
Hinton
We may also see Walsh feature some time during the year in the Halves. I'm sure there are others that I've left out, but basically that's the way I see us starting the year.
ok fair enuf, thats a good side, i wont argue with that, but why carmont on the wing and not in the centres. and polgaise is a good player its just that he is coming from souths he definately has speed, but i must say i havent seen tighe play much, does he go good? i like the idea of reynoldson and sargent on the bench i believe they would make good impact players, and i think it is about time blokes like hinton and snowden get more of a chance in first-grade, from what ive seen from hinton he is a good reliable fullback.

Now you must agree with me that Thaiday is a great player attacking wise and all but he has made some stupid mistakes defensively this year for example last time we played the sea eagles Bell made a break which they scored off i mite mention, all he had to do is make the tackle instead he goes for a shoulder charge and that wasnt the only time hes done that, and he isnt realiable under the high ball he is known to let the ball bounce. But i spose he tends to make up for it attacking wise, and he has been playing with minor injuries this year, that mite be partly why. All i hope is we go good next year and the Brian Smith makes the right decisions

roopy

Referee
Paterson and Ling will train with the seniors for the first time this off season. Paterson in particular has already stamped himself as one of our best in PL this season, and Ling has looked very competent in just a few starts.
I'd be very surprized if they don't get a run in the trials.

Bicey_18

Bench
1. Milton Thaiday
2. Paul Franze
3. Brad Tighe
4. George Carmont
5. Adam MacDougall
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Josh Perry
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Daniel Abraham

14. Luke Davico
15. Mitchell Sargent
16. Kurt Gidley
17. Kade Snowden

roopy

Referee
Potential new faces in firstgrade next year.

Polglase
Uate
McManus
Franze
McDougall
Dureau
Walsh
Snowden
Brown
White
Paterson
Sargeant
Willie Tupou

Every one of those guys is at least a small chance of cracking firstgrade next season.

League_God

Juniors
antonius said:

1. Thaiday
2. Carmont
3. Tighe
4. McDougall
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12 Newton
13 Abraham
14. Sargent
15. Reynoldson
16. Snowden
17. Kidley

Tolar
Brown
Franze
Hinton

strewth_mate

Bench
In Kidley's defence, I reckon he's had a few pretty good games at fullback, and thought he was outstanding in his first full year when he got the custodian role a few times when he was going around as a utility. One of my best memories of him at fullback was chasing down and ankle-tapping a flying Tuquiri for his brother to finish off... I actually thought people were being a bit rash when they got stuck into him for his very poor game at fullback this year, because he'd shown to be competent in other outings.

That said, I'd obviously rather he stay away from starting fullback, it's not his position and if he does well there it's only through effort and enthusiasm. He's capable of playing well in just about any position provided he doesn't feel he has to run the team, but he definitely has to be in the team somewhere.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
League_God said:
AFTER GIDLEY'S GREAT GAME AT FULLBACK AND HIS CONSISTENTCY UNDER THE HIGH BALL I'D RECCOMEND HIM AT FULLBACK. AND I MITE MENTION THAIDAY'S PREFERED POSTION IS ON THE WING.

1.Kurt Gidley

2.Milton Thaiday

3.George Carmont

4.Adam Mcdougall

5.Todd Polgaise

6. Jarrod Mullen

7. Andrew Johns

8.Josh Perry

9.Danny Buderus

10.Adam Woolnough

11. Steve Simpson

12.Clint Newton

13.Kirk Reynoldson

Bench
14. Luke Davico

15. Mitchell Sargent

16.Luke Quigley

17. Reagan Tanner

I can't agree with Kidley at fullback. He has only played 1 good game at fullback and that was last week. Having said that he didn't have to take a single bomb and there was no pressure put on him all game. EVERY OTHER game he has played at fullback he has been terrible.

I couldn't find a spot for tanner on the bench.

Tony I notice you didn't put davico in your team?

My team

1. Thaiday. When injury free is sensational
2. Carmont. I've always thought he was a better winger
3. Gidley.
4. Tighe
5. Macdougall
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Abraham

14. Davico
15. Tolar
16. Reynoldson
17. Brown

K-Man

Bench
Bring it home Knights said:
3. Gidley.
4. Tighe
5. Macdougall
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Abraham

14. Davico
15. Tolar
16. Reynoldson
17. Brown

That's very close to the team I would like to see. I'd probably want to find a bench spot for Sargent and Snowden, but it's hard to know who to leave out. I agree with Brown in the 17 next season.

antonius

Coach
Bring it home Knights said:
I can't agree with Kidley at fullback. He has only played 1 good game at fullback and that was last week. Having said that he didn't have to take a single bomb and there was no pressure put on him all game. EVERY OTHER game he has played at fullback he has been terrible.

I couldn't find a spot for tanner on the bench.

Tony I notice you didn't put davico in your team?

My team

3. Gidley.
4. Tighe
5. Macdougall
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Perry
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Newton
13. Abraham

14. Davico
15. Tolar
16. Reynoldson
17. Brown
Have to admit I forgot him, he'll be there-abouts, I don't think with guys like Snowden, and Sargent around that Davico will be an automatic selection in first grade.