What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights shoulda leT "jOEY" GO .

Milty

Juniors
Now I know I will cop a lot of flack for this but I think the Knights woulda been better of letting Joey go . Kurt Gidley and Steve Witt are young and are the future of the Knights . Joey is 30 , hasn't finished the last 3 seasons and is very expensive .

If the Knights had let him go they would have a huge bit of cash to spend and like what Danny Buderus said " Newcastle hasn't made a big buy since Ben Kennedy" which was ages ago . Just look at the Roosters , Fittler is gone and now they are getting Firman and Monaghan (maybe) .

Milty

Juniors
Newcastle should be looking towards the future . Witt , Gidley in the halves and all these good young backrowers that are coming through like Price , Newton etc

Johns Magic

Referee
That is honestly quite a dumb concept. If Witt is our future, then we are going to struggle to win games. The Knights did well in signing Johns, because in two years when he retires, Briggs will be close to being ready.

miladi

Juniors
Milty said:
no we can't my ladt .

how old r u by the way

No gentleman asks that question of a lady, but I am old enough to know than beating a dead horse is not going to make it get up and run.

It is time to look at who has been signed, and what progress we can make with what we have. Not to continue bringing up an issue that is no longer relevant.

Milty clearly has no idea.

Witt is f**king hopeless..

Kurt gidley still needs a few years playing next to an experienced half before we get to see his potential..

Witt.. pffft.. Yeah hes so great, that he has been dropped from the first grade squad into PL.

Kaz

junior
Chicken_Hunter said:
Witt.. pffft.. Yeah hes so great, that he has been dropped from the first grade squad into PL.

See I told people the Knights signed the wrong brother.

Didn't Witt play PL at Parra. :lol:

Back to where he started.

northey

First Grade
say if on the off chance ennis isn't playing or ennis changes clubs.... there is witt ready to play

northey

First Grade
yup
johns and kids but what if the partnership between johns and kids is so good they are both in origin??? then we need a 5/8 which would be witt.
what if johns gets injured again which is likely to happen then kurt to half back and witt to 5/8

ironcross

Juniors
I'm sure everybody would change their tune if we win another premiership with Johns. If he stays fit then have as good as chance as any club to win again.

I can't see it happening with the players suggested, even if they play out the whole year. Kidley needs another couple of years under Johns to develop into a much better player.

Alex28

Coach
the club isn't ready for a life past Johns. hopefully they will prepare for the post-johns era better than this time nearly became.

witt is not this club's future - if he was they wouldn't have gone looking for Orford when it looked like Johns was gone.

Nuffy

Bench
I think that signing Johns was about preparing for the future in many ways, Joeys got a lot of knowledge to pass on, many of the young players will benefit from another two years tutition, some of the younger playmakers may be ready to move up in 07, plus the club can make the transition of leadership in a orderly way.

Plus the club needs another two years to develop marque players to base the marketing around..

I don't have a prob with it and i am confident that he'll have 2 trouble free years.

Now can we forget about it.