What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights sign Mickey Paea

Jono078

Referee
I never rated this guy when he was in the NRL.

But here's hoping he can be like Sam Moa and Soliola after returning from the ESL.

consistently hitting 110+ metres, if he could replicate that here it would be an amazing signing. Sadly he probably wont and will be another AK47

harrywilliams

Juniors
Fitter than he has ever been and one of the best props in the SL this year by far. Easily Hull's best player, top metre maker and enforcer.

We are losing plenty of aggression and experience next year and still lacking size. Paea while being no James Graham is at least a tick for all of those 3 things. He is one of the most aggressive players and a boulder with legs the size of wheelie bins full of concrete

He's a starter and playing longer minutes, good defender and makes an error once every 5 games. Not the biggest signing but still a good one.

Where the heck is this Cornish business coming from. Roberts is going nowhere. Bird will probably be our next recruit.

Fitter than he has ever been and one of the best props in the SL this year by far. Easily Hull's best player, top metre maker and enforcer.

We are losing plenty of aggression and experience next year and still lacking size. Paea while being no James Graham is at least a tick for all of those 3 things. He is one of the most aggressive players and a boulder with legs the size of wheelie bins full of concrete

He's a starter and playing longer minutes, good defender and makes an error once every 5 games. Not the biggest signing but still a good one.

Where the heck is this Cornish business coming from. Roberts is going nowhere. Bird will probably be our next recruit.

The general consensus is we can't afford Bird unless he drops his price. Good luck with that. More to the point the club denies wanting him and rarely in the last few years has that ever been a cover story cos of the way we do business. Quietly. Cornish is a player of note some have discussed to replace Roberts.

harrywilliams

Juniors
For me Bird is the more likely recruit over Cornish no matter how likely/unlikely it is. We are losing some of our highest paid and most experienced players and Bird has said he has no idea if he's staying at the Titans. Whatever has been said in the past the stars could well align this time around, coming home to finish his career and playing with Rochow.

And it's been made clear our halves are staying the way they are. We have Feeney who has been killing it in NSW Cup and Brock Lamb who's one of the best young halves in the game who will be 19 next year and closing in on first grade. Stone is set on Roberts, have you heard Stone talk of him? Stone is a big fan.

slotmachine

First Grade
I don't know if Stone is a big fan, or just dealing the hand he has been dealt, but Tyrone is so fragile there is no way the coach can slam him publicly. The dude seemed close to tears about being put up for sale on ebay as a joke, FFS.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Maybe so but Stone's been backing him and speaking highly of him so we'll see. And besides I don't see Cornish being much better than Roberts anyway. We need a dominant half imo, having another kid with potential isn't the answer, we already have 3 of those.

Johns Magic

Referee
Sounds like we're paying him a good whack.

I have little recollection of Paea in his NRL days and he was obviously no worldbeater, but it sounds like he's doing well over there so let's see.

If he can deliver the goods I'm happy giving him reasonable coin.

Whats Doing

Bench
Carter is about to sign with the Rabbits before 30 June. With Scott and possibly Smith gone, we should be in their bidding. He is one tough footballer who has a great off load.

Hazardous

Juniors
Dogs fan here. Used to love Paea, ran the ball really hard and had loads of aggression. He can have bouts of the dropsies, but all in all, should be a great signing. Is a massive upgrade on Houston, Fa'alogo etc.

Nuffy

Bench
Whilst he's likely an upgrade on some, we are still losing the likes of Scott and there's not a likelihood we are getting any true guns into the team.

Is it again that we've pissed all the money away on upgrades for blokes.